Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Nickelliebear1 Thank you so much. 

@Samtian I'm so sorry to hear all of this!! As for the sense of smell and taste, not sure how long you have been experiencing it but around 4 weeks you should start to regain a bit and it should totally return by week 6 (not a doctor or medical professional by any stretch but that was the guidance I was given). 

hopefully you hear back soon from the vet! what an irresponsible vet. all the good vibes for a speedy recovery for both you and bandit!!

@cianni Thank you! I sure hope so, for both of us! Ha I've been without it since at least the 23rd of Sept, no idea when I actually lost it. But the taste went a little bit after I learned it was gone. Today I had to go to the dentist because I had some major extreme pain in my mouth and some numbness, well they had to pull 3 teeth that were severely infected. I sure as heck tasted the numbing shot things oh man that stuff is strong lol.

@Samtian I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.  We're thinking of you.  ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you that means a lot to me.

@Samtian ,

I was presuming Bandit is a cat.  Was the lump on his neck an abscess from a cat bite or a cat fight?   I hope that he is doing much better now.  I'm hoping you are feeling better, too!  I think that sense of smell and taste do come back after COVID, from what I have read.

@tsavorite Thank you. Yep he's my baby kitty. Oldest but my baby haha. No he had an infection of some kind. Based on what I read most people get their senses back but a few people from March still haven't. He's not doing too good, he's lost a lot of weight and doesn't want to eat.

@Samtian ,

I hope that there is a Vet that you can trust, because it sounds like Bandit needs Vet care.  At least someone that you can talk to about him.  Is he on Antibiotics now?  A cat that stops eating can quickly develop fatty liver disease, at least that is what my Vet tells us. 

@tsavorite My mom was able to ask the vet she saw some questions. Basically not much we can do but wait it out. Bandit is on antibiotics but he has been throwing it up lately. So we have started forcing liquid food into him and a few minutes later the meds. Today is his last day on them. But if he won't eat I got liquid food to inject down his mouth. 

@Samtian ,

I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this!  The Vet needs to know what is going on with Bandit at present.  Sometimes they need to give a different type of antibiotic if the first one doesn't work.  That happened to my cat after he was in a cat fight.  My cats get long-acting antibiotic shots and we don't have to give them oral antibiotics.  I'm thinking of you all and wishing you, and Bandit, the very best!

@tsavorite Thank you so much, I really really appreciate it.

Oh my Gawd!!! @Samtian honey my heart aches for you,,, this is terrible and for the vet to not get back to you,,, that's despicable on their part

@lmaster Thank you. He still never has. But Mom took a baby kitten I found to the vet and asked questions to the vet she got and he tried to help.

@Samtian I am so, so sorry to hear what you are going through right now. Not only with your health, but with Bandit, too. I don’t even know what I would have done had I discovered my pup in that state! Praying things improve for you and that your recovery goes smoothly and quickly.

@eshoe Thank you. It was definitely tough seeing that.

@Samtian really appreciate your update! I hope your smell and taste return soon. That sounds like such an awful shock to find Bandit in such a state. Sending healing vibes to Bandit and you <333 🐶

@pocketvenus Thank you that means a lot to me and I really appreciate it.

@Samtian <333 For some reason I assumed Bandit is a dog - I hope your baby kittie gets an appetite back soon 🐈 xo

@Samtian I'm so sorry to hear about you and your dog Bandit not doing well. I've messaged someone before and they told me they had COVID and explained how it feels. I don't wish it on anyone. I am sending you nothing but positive vibes.

@rosegoldlovely Thank you, Bandit is my kitty lol I'm not a dog person. Covid for me was/is absolutely horrible. My line owner had it as well and she has COPD and Asthma and it effected her lungs, but that was the only symptom she had. I'm glad it didn't hit her worse. 

@Samtian  Oh no I’m so sorry. I hope your feeling better and I hope Bandit is ok. That’s horrible the vet isn’t returning your calls. 

testing