Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Samtian I’m so sorry, what an awful thing. I’m sending my best wishes and love to you and your family ❤️

@Samtian ohh noo...please take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

@Samtian ,

Crummy news!  Take good care of yourself! 

@tsavorite Thank you! I'm trying.

@sprocketta hi! I just resumed school. I have school in person every other day, the rest is online. It is a bit stressful! I'm staying positive and doing things that help me de stress and be happy.

@LilaMJ Good luck with school!

@SportyGirly125 Thank you so much! I love your posts and thank you for spreading positivity. Thank you to everyone for being so sweet, you make my day ❤️

@sprocketta @faeriegirl @curlychiquita Thank you so much! I actually just got back from in-person classes (I have 150 minutes in school, and then the rest is virtual) and your sweet messages totally made my day! It is so nice to have you guys being so kind. Thank you ❤️

Good luck with school @LilaMJ . 

thank you so much @Loretta55 ! ❤️

Hope all goes well with school @LilaMJ 

Good luck with school @LilaMJ!

Good luck, @LilaMJ!

I've been trying very hard during the pandemic to just stay home and avoid going places. That went out the window this weekend. My sister is on vacation about 4 hours away and I haven't seen her since Xmas so I was driving out to her cabin on Saturday. I was doing 65 on the highway when my front right tire blew. I lost control of the car and crashed into the barrier. It was terrifying. I got incredibly lucky. I got out of the car and found a kind stranger had stopped to help. I took an ambulance ride to the ER to get checked out. The seatbelt and airbag did their job and nothing was cracked or broken. This all happened about 150 miles from home. My car was totaled and I was terrified by the thought of driving a rental car home after that. A cab ride home was $400. No uber or lyft in the area. An amazing friend picked me up the next morning. I found a hotel online and stayed the night. I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was very scary. I was seated at a table and asked to be moved to a far corner away from other tables, which they accommodated. I actually had a drink and the food and service were good. But it felt SO risky. I ended up riding home with my friend and her husband and we all wore masks. I just hope none of us were exposed due to the accident.

As much caution as you can take in the pandemic, sometimes life just gets in the way. The bottom line for me is that I walked away from an accident that could have easily killed me. I have never felt so lucky and fortunate in my life. Cherish what you have.

20200912_171748.jpg

@sprocketta I'm so glad you are ok!!!! 

Thanks @WhereYouStand I was super lucky.

@sprocketta so happy to hear that you are okay, you have angels looking out for you! it is so wild how things we used to take for granted and do so loosely feel so crazy and risky now. stay safe and well!

Thanks! @cianni 

@sprocketta glad to hear you're ok!

Thanks @l8totheparty I was so lucky!

Holy crap @sprocketta I'm so so so happy this didn't turn out the way it looks!!! Thank goodness you had an angel with you

4 Replies
testing