Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

thanks @GG84  better safe than sorry, right?

@treestar86 I'm sorry that you feel so worried. I'm seeing first-hand that most people are very paranoid about thinking that they have it, however, and are testing negatively. Probably doesn't really make you feel any better but again, do what you need to do to make yourself feel safe.

Thought I would do a little update. I live in Los Angeles County, and things here have changed a bit. Stores have been opening up here, but I feel like they will close again soon considering how horrible the numbers are, and that they keep going up. They recently are closing all the bars again(which is good). With my job I have no idea what is going to happen, since they don't even know if they will reopen schools, and my job depends on that. I have gone to a sit-down restaurant recently, and I have to say I was impressed with the steps and precautions that they took. I appreciate how they tell people that even go to the restroom that they need to wear a mask as they walk around, and also I enjoyed how far apart the tables were. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to experience something a bit normal, but obviously we don't know what will happen in the future. I hope all you ladies, and gents are doing well, and wishing you all the best. ❤️ 

A milestone high school reunion was supposed to happen for me this year. As a group the majority of us voted to move it to next year with one person throwing a huge temper tantrum. Guess what? She, her spouse, and sadly her kids all got Covid-19 by not following the rules. I don't care how often you wash your hands you shouldn't be traveling to other states and being in bars/restaurants etc (she posted pics on FB). It blows my mind that states are still okay with bars being open. Same goes for restaurants at full capacity/indoor seating. My state isn't part of the resurgence yet, but I'm fearful that they're going to shut everything back down again. I've not been to a restaurant since the first week of March (same goes for fast food) as I'm terrified of people coughing on stuff. I wish states would walk some of these reopenings back down. The situation in Texas and Arizona scares the bejeezus out of me with how full their hospitals are. To see people walking around with no mask boggles my mind. The thought of us going back to not being able to (safely) do minor things like go get a haircut gives me a pit in my stomach. I wish people would just go out, do what they needed to do while wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer (which is in every establishment I've been in), and go home. 

Am not good. Just got a phone call letting me know 3 of my former employees passed away from Covid. I don’t even understand? I asked so many questions, I had just seen one of them at the beginning of March and now she’s gone? Two in their 50’s and one in their 40’s. My heart is shattered into a million pieces. They no longer work together how is it possible that 3 people that used to work for me have all died? I just can’t I can’t 

@GG84, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that your former employees passed away. 

Thank you everyone who replied to my post. I’m feeling better. It was a shock compounded onto other things I’m dealing with ❤️ Thank you BIC Fam. 

Ohh my! @GG84 I'm so sorry to hear that 🙏

@GG84 ,

I'm truly sorry that you have lost these friends to COVID-19!  It's a tragedy.  Thank you for sharing this with us.

Is it human nature that some people in the US won't recognize the danger of this virus until we see losses around us in our own lives?  Statistics don't seem to matter until it is personal loss?  This virus doesn't only affect the elderly.  The amount of denial in this country is incredible.  Europeans don't want us to enter their countries now.

@GG84 that news is just terrible! I'm so sorry to hear of those losses. My heart would be aching too.

I am so sorry to hear about your former coworkers @GG84 . My sympathies go out to you.

that's terrible, so sorry @GG84 .

I am so sorry for your loss @GG84 . This virus is crazy, and I hope people realize how deadly it really is, and that it does not discriminate against anyone.

I am so sorry @GG84 

@GG84hugs to you, I cannot fathom the pain you must be feeling. I am so very sorry.SlowMilkyIguanodon-size_restricted

@GG84 This is terrible, sudden news. I'm so, so sorry.

funeral_flowers

@GG84 I'm so sorry for your loss. Last year I lost 2 coworkers unexpectedly so I know it can be really difficult and hard to comprehend/grieve. Take care of yourself <3.

@GG84 Oh man I am so so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear this @GG84. Please stay safe.

@GG84 I’m so so sorry for your lost. I can’t make sense of the whole thing. 😔

@GG84  I am so sorry to hear. I can’t imagine how you are feeling. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

testing