Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta  I’m so happy she’s feeling better! Was it just a stomach flu? My dog got that bad once and was on antibiotics and other meds. Poor guy was sick almost 2 weeks and wouldn’t eat the chicken and rice. I think if children under a certain age will wear a mask it’s for the best. But I get it if they won’t. Adults should be mandatory!

@ather it's an intestinal infection. It was brought on by a pig ear. I've given them to her but this was a larger package and different brand. Never again!

@sprocketta  Oh no. Yea my vet told me the same thing if they can’t eat it in one day they collect bacteria or something. I stopped giving my pup those. Plus they would get slimy and he would want to play fetch with it gross!

Oh my! It is both sad and precious to see little ones wearing masks. He is adorable @ather 

@ShortErica  Aww thanks! I think it’s best to be safe!! 

Yes, caution is best @ather. We have only taken the boys out a couple times and they always wonder why some people aren't wearing their masks.

@ShortErica  That’s awesome they notice it. We live in a super small town and we only had 1 case outside the area. We have been really lucky. I don’t see many people out wearing masks. I wish more would. But I think we have a false sense of safety. The big city is a little more scary to me. So we will be extra cautious when we are there. It’s the only thing we can do! 

Somehow Illinois is onto Phase 4 of our reopening come Friday, which means among other things: museums, indoor dining, gyms, and retail can open with capacity limits and guidelines in place, and groups of 50 or fewer are allowed to meet. Salons were already open in Phase 3.

I know we're desperate to return to "normalcy," but this feels hugely premature to me. I'm gonna let other people be the guinea pigs and keep my butt at home or in wide open spaces like the lakefront 😷

@tastelikewater  I totally agree. Stay safe!!! 

@tastelikewater My state was one of the early ones to start opening up. The county where our state capital is has partially gone back to stage 3. Closing bars back down. They had a huge spike recently.

I got really sad and angry in the wee hours of the morning this morning about something that happened to me last week that caused a ripple effect. Inherently, I online shop when this happens. I don’t wear or even like lipstick. I’m a liquid lipstick girl 100% however I’m now the owner of several PMG Matte Trance lipsticks. Why? Couldn’t tell you. 

@GG84  Oh no!! I totally do this too. Mostly with clothes in colours I never wear!!

@GG84 I'm sorry to hear this, I hope things get better soon. I love my liquid lipsticks but really like the matte trances. 

@GG84 Ug, I'm so sorry, I hope your biopsy gets scheduled again soon! Also, summer coughs are a bummer, hope it passes quickly!!

@GG84 that's so scary about your biopsy. I would be furious and terrified. I am so sorry. Perhaps you can find someone on BIC to trade the PMG bullets for something you actually want. 

I am so sorry, @GG84. Praying this waiting period goes by quickly so you can get on with your life, relatively speaking. Everything is moving so slowly now, except the things you want to move faster! Hugs 🙂

I feel your pain @GG84 

@GG84  Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime hope you enjoy your new PMG lipsticks 

@GG84  Happens to the best of us! I can't believe the nerve of that person, I hope you're doing okay and able to get your biopsy soon. Waiting for delays is nerve-wracking and so irritating, especially through no fault of your own. 

I do that sometimes, @GG84. I hope you feel better! 💗💗💗

@curlychiquita @Kim888 

Thanks ❤️ 
I had a biopsy get canceled because someone decided not to wear a mask and cough in my face. I have a cough now. So, no biopsy. The waiting game is torture. 

testing