Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@MissPuff  Thank you for your input!!! I agree the disposal masks seem better ventilated. We aren’t allowed to wear the N95 unless we will be in close contact with someone positive for covid. And the regular disposable ones are only for patients. I have a neck gaiters and I’ve worn it in a pinch but you have to fold it a bunch to get enough fabric around my face. And it’s a little more complicated to get off without touching it every where. I don’t think there’s a super easy fix to this. It will just take time to get use to it all. I still prefer to be uncomfortable and be safe then not to wear one at all. 

@MissPuff So many great tips! I totally agree about the nose wires. I've also seen headbands and scrub caps with buttons so you can loop masks to those instead. I'm thinking of picking up a couple from Smash + Tess for my nurse friends.

@MissPuff Ear savers?! I'm going to have to look into those because I have a gigantic head. 

@Samtian  Here's a pic of two different kinds (there's a white roundish hook inside the plastic packaging. The production guys like the long ones, some of them will loop it low around the back of their necks, others high near the crown of their heads, and mine stays somewhere in the middle, depending on how I wear my hair. 

IMG_20200615_184756.jpg

@MissPuff Ooh those look nice, not something I would be able to use though. 

@ather Ear loops are the worst!!

@Samtian  You think??? Is the 2 straps behind my head better?

@ather I think so! But I do have to wear mine for 12 hours. Short term wouldn't be so bad, but for a period of time it hurts.

@Samtian  I only worked 3 hours today and I made the mistake of using hair oil so my straps kept falling 🤦🏼‍♀️ I find with the strap on your head it puts more pressure on my nose. 

@ather Haha that sucks! Yep that does help! I have both the straps for the head and ears. I prefer the head one but I need to wash it so I have to use the ear ones for now. 

I purchased that kind of mask @Samtian @ather. My problem with that mask is that the straps were digging into my eye area and it left dents in my skin. I did not have that problem with the behind the ear masks. 

@Loretta55  Awww darn. I have a big nose so it was putting so much pressure on my nose. I kinda pulled the elastic a bit to stretch it and it made it better. Maybe that could work for yours?

I will give that trick a try @ather . 

@Loretta55 Oh that sucks. 

I bought them on an Etsy site @Samtian . I wish that there was a way to make the straps a bit looser.

The aesthetics here @pocketvenus 🤩 making the best out of the situation! Hopefully with time, there will be a gentle acceptance of donning a mask. I don’t understand the fuss about one when you are wearing it because you want/need to go out for an errand. I sympathize with those who must wear one for 8-12 hours or more day. But this-love that you are making it fun!

@eshoe There are so many designs right now it's hard to choose!! 

@eshoe  8-12 hours a day is horrible. Especially when it’s hot out. And if you wear glasses they fog up. But it’s the best thing right now to protect everyone!!! 

I cannot imagine, @ather. My sister is in an essential business, and her skin is suffering. but she has to do it to protect herself from everyone who isn’t😕

The fogging up is so horrible haha. If you do get some with the ear loops though, twist the loops and put your ear in the twist and it won't fog up. But it's going to hurt. 

@Samtian  Oh man. I’ll stick to my ones that go on the back of my head!! 

testing