Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Kim888 7am construction noise nooooooooooo ;_; Definitely order ear plugs for your sanity! 

Ugh! Sorry about the construction, @Kim888

I started work today - sort of? 
I’m back on the payroll but our office is not cleared to open yet so I’m just tying up loose ends from what my job was pre-covid before transitioning into my new position. It’s incredibly strange. I find I need to amplify my voice x 3 as people can’t hear me with a mask on so they end up leaning closer in (it’s not an invitation to lean into me) and those that aren’t wearing masks and fully coughing without a care in the world are going to cause me to have a freaking heart attack 🙄 Sigh. Day 1 down. Day 2 tomorrow. 

@GG84 Congrats on starting the new job! Do you feel safe enough talking to higher ups if things get hairy?

@GG84 glad you're back on the payroll but that does sound frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I still don't understand the people who think it's okay not to wear a mask.

Aw, good luck, @GG84! I hope everything goes well!

Checking in from NC again. We're on the news because our number of cases is just soaring. I haven't trusted the numbers after the trouble I personally had getting tested. I knew they were going up due to increased testing, but haven't been following cnn and NC numbers as closely as a few weeks ago. My county is a hot spot right now. The governor spoke today and all that was said was basically that they're testing more and in some cases, people were being denied tests due to conflicting screening questions, which they've fixed. Things are not getting better here. They're worse. Yet so many people are waltzing around without masks. Maybe 10% of people wear them, though I haven't been to a store in a couple weeks. I'm plenty happy to be in my quiet, suburban office complex.

I'm feeling generally down about the coming second wave. I just went to look at numbers and saw a few news stories that NC may make masks mandatory. I hope they do. *shakes head*

@sprocketta So many places are making masks mandatory so hopefully it will put pressure on. Ontario didn't so Toronto made it mandatory to wear on public transit.

Oh no! Please stay safe @sprocketta I am with you on the masks, why cant people wear them. It does save lives! Were you sick and are you feeling better now? @sprocketta 

@Buootiful I was sick and I'm okay now. I'm convinced i had covid though my test came back negative. There are false negatives. I found out Monday someone working in my office learned they were exposed to someone who tested positive. Management seems to be waiting for test results before sending out official notice about it. I'm glad I'm working from home.

Thank goodness you are! @sprocketta I am sending my love to you!!!!

PS: It is unfortunate that someone might have the power to alter the tests to lean the numbers a certain way. I think the key thing to look at is the spike in hospitalizations and not the tests. Governors will just say oh, we are testing more and people will believe them and go about as usual 😞

@Buootiful thanks lovely lady. I agree with you about the numbers. I don't trust them completely, but given how dramatic the increases are here (up 50+%), it's not just testing more.

@sprocketta ,

If you can't believe the statistics on the new cases in your state, hospitalizations and deaths statistics aren't falsely increased by having testing availability increased.   So, you can look at them.  They are slower indicators of the increase in new cases, because they come later.

Having been as ill as you were, I think that you have more of a unique perspective on this Coronavirus than those of us who haven't had your experience.

@sprocketta  Oh no. That’s horrible news. I really hope you’re area gets under control. Please stay safe. I hope they make it easier to get tested as well. 

@ather I was really surprised to hear that people were being denied tests because on the news they have been saying anyone could get tested for free. Guess not. I just hope masks become mandatory.

@sprocketta I feel your pain on many levels! I feel like even when things do begin to improve, winter will be here with the flu.

@eshoe yes, unfortunately.😔

@sprocketta Are the people in NC like the people here in Idaho? The people that won't wear masks, at least the ones that post about it, say wearing a mask is trampling on their rights as an American and it's just the government trying to control us? 

Due to testing issues I figured mine will be negative and I'm going to wait a while to get the anti-body test. 

@Samtian I don't think there's outright antipathy to the masks here like by you. I think it's more a matter of people feeling like it's an uncomfortable inconvenience. I can completely understand that. But I still wear one if I'm going out in public.

I hope, if you have it, you get a positive result which will make things easier with time off work. I'm still not confident in the antibody testing. Obviously I hope you don't have covid at all of course!

@sprocketta Thank you. I have more confidence in the anti body test then the regular. We'll see. I'm glad people there don't have the views they have here. Too bad they won't wear them. 

My family is Chinese so I have been really big on mask wearing. Years before the covid-19 pandemic, I always had a bunch in the medicine cabinet for when anyone took ill and for the longest time wearing a mask in public was strictly a part of Hong Kong etiquette and I never saw non-East Asians doing it. Now I'm finally seeing more people of different backgrounds wearing masks in Toronto! I hope this will eventually become the norm as research from China, Italy and New York shows they make a positive difference and it's such a small thing to do. I'm not sure there's been enough education about mask wearing thoug? I see quite a few people wearing masks under their noses and chins or just fiddling with them. I get it, they take getting used to, but maybe it would help if there was more education.

Ontario's case numbers are dropping but we still have a lot of community spread. This current phase feels half assed to be honest 😞 so that's the other reason why I hope mask wearing will become more widespread.

On a better note, more people are wearing masks and independent designers are coming up with fun designs. I have one a friend made and have two in the mail that say STAY HOME TORONTO ♥ I think it looks futuristic 🙂

StayHomeToronto-9900-BL-01_700x

Do you have an awesome or pretty mask? I'd love to see it 👀

2 Replies
testing