Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@GG84 omg that sounds truly awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope they cleaned your teeth so thoroughly you do not have to go back for a very, very long time!!

@pocketvenus That is super cute! I actually just tagged you in my post with my mask. So in the factory I work at people having to go to work sick is unfortunately the norm. As it is in the vast majority of my state actually. But anyways, whenever I would be sick I actually wear the blue doctor masks to work. People would always ask why. Some people thanked me, but you wouldn't believe how many people just rolled their eyes or laughed at me. Uh sorry for not wanting to get you or our customers sick?

@Samtian I tried looking in my alerts but didn't find a mask related tag but I am soooooooo glad to hear masks are now a requirement at your workplace! You're a trendsetter ❤️ People are going to look back and wonder why we didn't pick up the practice faster. 

@pocketvenus I hope that is the case, but I really don't think that will happen. 

@Samtian Whatever happens, I sincerely hope you remain safe and your workplace continues to implement safety measures ❤️

@pocketvenus Thank you! I hope you remain safe as well!

@Samtian <333

@Samtian my husband works in an essential business and is the only one wearing a mask to work. I can’t imagine the eye rolls he gets, yet he does it for the sake of others in his life. Sorry you have to deal with that on a daily basis, but thank you for caring!

@eshoe Good for him! I laughed when I saw everyone wearing masks now, it's a requirement. But after this passes I'm no doubt still going to be the only one who wears one when sick. 

Yeah it’s good for him but so frustrating no one else wants to, @Samtian. But...at least I know he cares!

@eshoe You got yourself a good man!

@eshoe I have been told by colleagues at my office (I am working from home) that no one is wearing masks. I'm in no rush to go back.

Wow @sprocketta, so thankful you get to work from home! Especially with other health concerns. I hope they continue to let you do it for as long as you need to feel safe.

@eshoe I am thankful every day that 1, I have a job, and 2, I can work from home. Most people in the office are working from home but some are still going in. I'll work at home until I'm required to go back. Some medical supplies I needed were delivered to the office a couple weeks and I had to go pick them up. Long story. The friend who is in the office brought the box to me in the parking garage. He asked me what it would take for me to feel comfortable going back to the office abs I honestly didn't know. That made me sad.

@sprocketta I totally understand. Thank goodness for being able to have just about everything delivered to your home. Imagine something like this without the internet🤔

@sprocketta In my state, it's a condition for businesses re-opening that all employees working indoors and outdoors must wear a facial covering when not able to social distance (which for indoors, is all the time). Same goes for customers unless they're eating on a patio. 

@MissPuff I wish it were the same here 😔

@pocketvenus  I agree with you. When they were saying we don’t need to wear masks I was wearing one. And I told my family to wear them too!! Yours looks so cool!! Mine are all black and boring. I’m hoping to get some that have the ear loops. The one I have has straps that goes over my head and it keeps denting my hair 😱

@ather Thanks, I'm super excited to get them in the mail 🙂 Maybe after you get the ear band ones, the hair tie ones can be tied around an updo?

@pocketvenus  I think so. I’ll have to give it a try. I’ve been wearing my hair down a lot since the weather has been wonky I’ve had some headaches and wearing my hair up doesn’t help. I’ll try tomorrow!! I also keep telling myself I’ll make my own masks but I’ve been working extra shifts so I don’t have time. I might have some time this weekend to give it a try tho!

@ather  I wear a mask 8-10 hours a day at my job and I go back and forth on which is the more comfortable design (ear loops vs over the head). The ear loops are way more convenient but depending on the style of mask, not as secure/form fitting as the behind the head versions. I've got a small face (apparently, didn't know that till now :P) so there are gaps with some ear-loop masks that I get around by wearing an ear saver (a plastic piece that hooks onto the loops, behind your head). The ear saver also spares the tops/back of my ears, so...much...chaffing. Several of the employees at my job swear by the ear-savers (we all use disposable masks on the production floor). Cotton, stretchable ear loop masks and gaiters are my preference for outdoor exercise, I can pull them up and down easily with one hand (yes, not that clean, but just remember to wash your hands frequently!).

The behind the head configuration is more comfortable at first since I can adjust it and fit it better than the ear loops design, but those masks really only stay in place if I'm wearing my hair up in a ponytail (I'll loop one of the bands over the top). Hair down and the bands just slide slowly down to my neck. But, the design is so much more comfortable for my ears and I tend to leave it and forget it, so there's less adjusting/face touching. More annoying to take on and off, so if I've got one on, it stays on!

The disposable surgical masks are more breathable than almost all my various fabric masks, but that's because they're designed for that purpose. They're still sweaty and hot if you're already sweaty and hot, but my cotton masks (esp the triple layered designs) are significantly warmer regardless if I'm moving around or just sitting at my desk. Easy on and off and if I sneeze into one (eww....allergies), I can just toss it and put on a fresh one. Get the ones with the adjustable nose band, that's the key to fit, positioning, and keeping your glasses fog free!

5 Replies
testing