Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Great news! @SportyGirly125 you must be relieved.

@sprocketta @I was sort of shocked at first but glad I still have a job during this time. 

I know it's been a hot minute since I've been on the boards, but life has given me a chance to breathe for a minute and I'm so glad that I can. The cruddy parts: this past month and last my husband's unemployment has been denied along with his coworkers. Even their HR dept tried to find out why with the state and got nowhere. I'm still fighting that battle. The good parts: I have a parent that we thought may have had leukemia. After extensive testing at places no one wants to be right now (a hospital) it turns out to be something else that is manageable. I'm thankful that it's not and that they were able to get into the oncologist that my other family member has due to their fight with cancer (they are in remission!). I'm so grateful and can't say enough good things about the oncologist especially during this time. Finally parts of my state opened up about a week and a half ago and I was able to get new nails!!!!! It feels sooooo good to have a part of me go back to normal. I had to go to a new salon as my old salon that I visited closed it's doors sadly. That was the only salon I went to for 13 years so I was a little anxious today not knowing what to expect. The new salon is a bit more pricey, but I don't have to drive 40+ minutes (or get up at 7:00 am on a Saturday to make the first appointment) to get there. It was grey outside all day so I hope to post a pic of my new nails soon. Oh and Thursday I finally get my haircut! It's been since late January since I've had my haircut. I tried to get in before they shut everything down in March, but my stylist was swamped with ladies trying to get one more color in. No more caveman hair yay! I'm taking at least 2 inches off my hair. I've never noticed how much the smaller things really matter. Getting all of this done is really helping to pull myself out of the funk I've been in for quite some time. I'm wary, but really looking forward to eating takeout from a restaurant again soon. My husband is very high risk so I've cooked all our meals for the last 2 months out of extra precaution. I wish PF Chang's would stop sending me emails about ordering food especially since the closest one is in a still closed county for dinning. I've been tempted to just drive up there (quite a ways away from our home) and eat in the parking lot though :P. I hope everyone is slowing going back to normal. Our mall is open, but there are still things I'm wary of doing.

@niki172  Glad to hear lots of good news!!! Getting nails done is always such a great day! Can’t wait to see them!

@ather I keep forgetting to post a pic. It's been rainy all week and grey out so it's not a great picture. This is a departure from what I usually get both design, material, and length-wise. I'm usually a sensible short french tip girl with just clear polish. I've never done an ombre powder, this length, or sparkles. This was a new shop and their choices of what they can do are soooooo many I was overwhelmed. I'll be better equipped the next time I go. I've pinned a lot of Pintrest pics as that's what a lot of their clients do. I felt so dumb there lol and they were really patient and kind.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200521034316312_COVER.jpg

Wow I love your nails @niki172 ! I may start browsing some nail designs for fun now that you've inspired me with your beautiful manicure 😉

Also, just read your post above - I'm glad to hear your parent doesn't have a severe illness and is getting treated for something else. I'll keep you in my thoughts 🙏

Thank you @Guessgal ! Yeah I've really started playing with my Pinterest board that I've never used before 😅 for nail designs. We're very blessed that my parent is okay ❤️.

@niki172  Wow those are beautiful!!! I’m like you I’m very boring and I usually just do one basic colour or French manicure. I love this design. It looks like they did an awesome job as well. Can’t wait to see what you get in the future!!

Thanks so much @ather ! It seems like the possibilities are endless at this salon so I'm really excited and hope they work out. My old salon a fill would last me a good month. I'm hoping this is close to the case as well for this place as it's kinda pricey.

@niki172 @So pretty 😍

@SportyGirly125 thank you! I have a better idea what I want next time (think more glitter!). This salon is a little more pricey, but so far so good.

@niki172 @I have never ever been to a nail salon in my life so I would be really overwhelmed 

@SportyGirly125 there were sooooo many polishes, powders, stones, etc to pick from it made my head spin 😅. I was definitely out of my element.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better, @niki172! ❤️ I hope your husband's unemployment comes through soon.

Thank you @curlychiquita I really hope so too! It's so frustrating and sad at the same time. I know that there are a lot of people out there that are worse off than we are and they're in the same boat.

Awww glad to see you @niki172. I'm so sorry about your husband's unemployment. That must be very stressful. So glad that you got good news about your parent's health. And can't wait to see your new nails! 🙂 

I feel you on craving some takeout. I have only been preparing meals at home as well, and I'm getting rather tired of cooking to be quite honest. 

@PrettyPaint I've never missed going to a restaurant so much in my life 🤣. It's like the same thing week after week and it's getting so tedious. I even asked if he wanted sloppy Joe's (something I do not make)  just to have something different and he turned it down - bummer lol!

@niki172  sending you big hugs. 

Thank you @AMK721 ❤️. I really hope life gets back to normal soon for everyone 🥰

@niki172 @Glad to see you back on here. Sorry about your husband’s unemployment situation. I know other people that got denied too and it sucks.  I’m so glad you are slowly getting to take care of yourself. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125  I know a lot of people are having issues with unemployment. He's supposed to start work again soon, but I hope the back pay gets fixed soon.

1 Reply
testing