Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thanks! @curlychiquita 

@sprocketta That is so good to hear! I can't wait to see that necklace. 

@Samtian I had a really pretty diamond pendant that I wore from 2014-2018. One day I was riding the bus and realized it wasn't on my neck. I couldn't find it before getting off the bus and it was nowhere at home. I bought it at a time when my mental health was really not in good order. I literally impulsively walked into a Macy's and spent half a month's worth of rent on it (I ended up in the hospital in the next day or so). I called it my crazy necklace and it was a reminder that no matter how bad things get, they will still get better. I wore it all the time and still miss it terribly. I was heartbroken after losing it. I've had CZ replacements but the chains didn't hold up. I just haven't felt right about putting the money into a nice one yet. This is the one I have my eye on.Screenshot_20200512-203857_Chrome.jpg

This is such a pretty piece! It will look lovely on you.

Awwww @sprocketta that's so touching!!

@lmaster I decided to hold off ๐Ÿ˜ž I figured in a time of uncertainty and with still having credit card debt, I couldn't justify it. But it will mean a lot and when I do I will get one a little nicer than that based on what i priced out.

@sprocketta I can't wait to see what you do end up choosing!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster it will definitely show up on the hauls thread.

@sprocketta  This necklace is beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ Sorry to hear you lost your old one. I hate when I loose special items. 

@ather I was just so upset when I lost it. As I explained, it had really special meaning to me. I think replacing it for the positive reasons I explained will make a new one mean just as much.

@sprocketta Sorry to hear about your old one, that is a great story about it. New one looks pretty!

This is not Cov19 related ...but I was sad the whole day learning my friend from work was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. I want to send her a care package maybe not right now but after her chemo. Any suggestions? 

I'm so very sorry @blackkitty2014. In terms of a gift, maybe a nice, silky sleep mask would be nice. If she likes to read, maybe some books or magazines?

Thx you @PrettyPaint .Those are great gifts also. I like the silky sleep mask idea. She complained about canโ€™t sleep

That's devastating news @blackkitty2014  ๐Ÿ˜ฃ so sorry

Thx you @lmaster โค๏ธ

Sorry to hear about your friend @blackkitty2014 .

Thx you @Loretta55 

@blackkitty2014  Sorry to hear about your friend. I think sending a care package is an awesome idea!! Maybe some masks and body lotions and self care items would cheer her up? 

Thx you @ather . Looks liked warm soft blankets, socks, mittens and lotions are winners. Iโ€™m looking into them.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's cancer, @blackkitty2014

1 Reply
testing