Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Awwww @sprocketta that's so touching!!

@lmaster I decided to hold off 😞 I figured in a time of uncertainty and with still having credit card debt, I couldn't justify it. But it will mean a lot and when I do I will get one a little nicer than that based on what i priced out.

@sprocketta I can't wait to see what you do end up choosing!! 😊

@lmaster it will definitely show up on the hauls thread.

@sprocketta  This necklace is beautiful 😍 Sorry to hear you lost your old one. I hate when I loose special items. 

@ather I was just so upset when I lost it. As I explained, it had really special meaning to me. I think replacing it for the positive reasons I explained will make a new one mean just as much.

@sprocketta Sorry to hear about your old one, that is a great story about it. New one looks pretty!

This is not Cov19 related ...but I was sad the whole day learning my friend from work was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. I want to send her a care package maybe not right now but after her chemo. Any suggestions? 

I'm so very sorry @blackkitty2014. In terms of a gift, maybe a nice, silky sleep mask would be nice. If she likes to read, maybe some books or magazines?

Thx you @PrettyPaint .Those are great gifts also. I like the silky sleep mask idea. She complained about can’t sleep

That's devastating news @blackkitty2014  😣 so sorry

Thx you @lmaster ❤️

Sorry to hear about your friend @blackkitty2014 .

Thx you @Loretta55 

@blackkitty2014  Sorry to hear about your friend. I think sending a care package is an awesome idea!! Maybe some masks and body lotions and self care items would cheer her up? 

Thx you @ather . Looks liked warm soft blankets, socks, mittens and lotions are winners. I’m looking into them.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's cancer, @blackkitty2014

Thx you so much @Samtian @sprocketta @curlychiquita ❤️🌹

@blackkitty2014 I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. 

@blackkitty2014 sorry to hear about your friend. I don't know what to recommend, but some are saying blankets. Just wanted to put out there that Costco has really nice soft throws that are very cozy.

I’m sorry for you and your friend, @blackkitty2014 ! ❤️ I’ve put together a few chemo-care packages over the years. Some of the things folks have appreciated most are thick, soft, fleece-lined socks to wear in bed; heating pads; and hand or boot warmers (the kind you heat up in the microwave). 

For local folks, I’ve also included Target or grocery store gift cards and/or offered to go grocery shopping for them, or gotten them some kind of meal delivery plan. I realize this isn’t a very practical gift these days, unless your friend has a local store that does contactless delivery. 

testing