Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thanks @pocketvenus I know you've lost someone and that's a totally different level. I've appreciated your encouragement on this thread.

@sprocketta We are all going through a struggle together ❤️ How are you feeling now?

@pocketvenus I'm improving. Yesterday I felt like I'd pushed myself too much. But I did manage to give the dog our full walk route once today and once yesterday. This was only 3 blocks, but I was doing a quarter of that at my most tired. Progress.

@sprocketta Thank you for the update, I'm glad you were able to get outside... I hope you continue to make steady progress! Listen to your body ❤️

@pocketvenus 

How is your friend? 

@GG84 Thank you for asking. I updated this thread a little lower down. I am very sorry to say that he has passed away. It has been very surreal. Thank you for thinking of us 

How have you been faring?

@pocketvenus ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  I have been thinking of you and of him since first reading your post about his illness. 

@tsavorite Thank you for your kind words.

@pocketvenus @I’m so sorry....this pandemic really has made this year depressing. 

Thank you, @SportyGirly125 

So scary and stressful @sprocketta, especially with the new job. Glad to hear you're turning around and hopefully things will keep getting better!

Thanks @Brutalitops 

@sprocketta 

How was your glucose during all this? I can tell right away if I’m getting sick if mine is high. I’m sorry you were so Ill however glad to hear you are somewhat on the slow road to recovery. 

@GG84 It's been all over, but definitely trending high. 

@sprocketta Not dramatic at all. I’m so glad that you recovered from whatever it is and sharing it with us. Everything seems to scary and uncertain. ❤️ Sending you lots of good vibes

Thanks @blackkitty2014 Life is very uncertain now.

@sprocketta that sounds really scary! I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better though!

Thanks @Kim888 

@sprocketta I am so thankful that you beat this and so happy you are well. I know what a struggle it was, and continues to be as you  try to get the energy back. 

I cared for both my parents when they had it last month, and recovery is a very long road. I believe I may have been mostly asymptomatic besides a slight cough. The mental and physical exhaustion is so real, and the long-term mental health effects of this whole experience are so overwhelming. All while I was also continuing to work from home. I’m in Corona, NYC, so it was inevitable for us here. 

Know that you’re not alone and I so appreciate you sharing your experience. 

@lnum I'm not fully recovered yet, but think I'm getting close. I'm sorry your parents suffered through it. I'm glad you didn't get too sick and that they recovered. Being in NYC through all this must be scary. It's pretty impressive you could work through all the stress. Thanks for the support and for sharing as well.

An update from me today... well, one of my family friends caught the virus and things went south very quickly. I have many frontline health workers in my family so I was expecting this, it was just a matter of time. He is in the ICU and we are all hoping he will be extubated soon.

I dropped off a care package to the family which was strange because I normally would go out to buy such things and I put a lot of thought into it. I can stand in aisles for literally hours and take soooooo long debating what would be best. Like picking the right card can take me 20 minutes, I know it's extreme. This time I couldn't do that, I just picked out things in my house. I put together some healthy, easy prep food items which wasn't hard as I've stocked up on such things and then I added magazines, a luxe candle, lip balms I'd stocked up on, a cute manicure set I'd bought on a whim and of course nice perfume samples!! It's really weird because it's all stuff I'd bought for my personal tastes but I know it's just not essential to go out to put together a care package plus no one is open.

I dropped it off on the porch and told them to take it in after a week to be safe. I'd like to hug his kids but obviously that is really, really not okay. They were unable to even hug their father before he was taken to the hospital 😞 Every morning I wake up hoping for better news but I have read it can take many days for patients to come off the ventilator.

Anyway, I guess that's what social distancing care looks like now! I feel really strange because half of me knows I need to carry on as usual, getting work and volunteer stuff done and keeping things going and that's been fine but the other half is just sort of detached and stuck in some kind of abeyance zone. I hope he pulls through.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories on this thread and for reading mine ❤️ I hope everyone is doing okay and that things improve if you're struggling! I am inspired by all the honesty and caring and resilience on this thread!

pa3x160400036

testing