Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Checking in from NYC again! I'm trying to really go outside only once or twice a week, but it's hard because I live in an apartment without outdoor space so I can't even like step into a yard or anything. My roommate and I have been trying to do some exercise inside every day so that helps a bit and we are both working from home. There's definitely been more people outside than there probably should be when I go out and I think it will only get worse as the weather gets better. 

Looking at the numbers go up can be really scary. I do like watching Gov. Cuomo every morning on the news - I feel like he has a very calm and non hysterical demeanor which is nice to see. It is wild to be they erected a field hospital in central park - just the kind of thing you could never imagine being necessary !

@Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a f...

@Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a few pics from my house last year. Our wild yard rabbits acted more like pets, lounging around everywhere.

Re: @Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a f...

@Luvstravel  adorable!  I love rabbits. Heart

@Luvstravel ,

I love your photos of the bunnies!  Your backyard grass looks lush!

Where I come from, the jackrabbits live in the desert.

@Kim888 They are just normal size wild rabbits in this ar...

@Kim888 They are just normal size wild rabbits in this area -North Louisiana. Sadly we have had a family of fox move in and I haven't seen our rabbits this year. Can you tell I live in a rural area!

Re: @Kim888 They are just normal size wild rabbits in this ar...

@Luvstravel  oh no!  I love seeing foxes too...unfortunate that they moved in on the rabbit territory though. 😞

@Luvstravel @Oh wow those bunnies look so big !!

@Kim888   Sounds like you have a great outlook.  I admit having a yard is really nice right now.

@Kim888 I can't imagine not being able to REALLY be outside without a yard.  I'd go absolutely nuts!!!  

That must be really tough not having a balcony or small yard to be able to be outside in @Kim888.  I'm in California & we've been hearing a bit on the news about what's happening in NYC and it's heartbreaking.  My area went on a shelter-in-place on 3/17 & then Gov. Newsom ordered it for all of California 2 days later.  It does seem that Gov. Cuomo is handling this crisis as best as can be expected, as is Newsom.  I feel like a lot of the jump in numbers for my specific area is because testing is finally being done, at least that's the hope.  Hang in there, be safe, and much love from Cali!  

So tomorrow is my first day WFH.  I am anxious, but also relieved.  Pretty much haven't seen a client in person in over a week, but riding the NYC subway has been a hazard.  Fewer train crews, so fewer trains and inadequate spacing between people.

I feel for my co-workers who could work remotely but are still going in.

Thanks everyone, I hope everyone is keeping safe.

@danielledanielle, I'm glad you can work from home now!  I hope it goes well!

@danielledanielle Hello neighbor! Glad to hear you can work from home now! I've been doing it for about two weeks now but even before that I had started to feel anxious riding the subways. It's for sure concerning to see the pictures of crowded train cars right now!

Hey @Kim888 

It's weird, when cars were running like regular rush hour, everything was smooth and there was enough space.  Now with less people, less cars, same problems as before, I'm like baffled.  So, now I am free from it for at least 3 1/2 weeks.  I'll take it!

@danielledanielle I'm glad you can work from home and be safer. I used to ride public transportation in Chicago and we were all packed in like sardines. I'm sure it's less busy, but better you're not on there at all.

I am so glad you are able to work from home @danielledanielle!  I really feel like it's the better option when it's possible to do so.  Hoping you, and your co-workers, continue to stay safe!

@danielledanielle   I'm happy for you.  Feeling safer is definitely good these days!

Well, I just called the police on my next door neighbour. The city I live in has 200 positive cases with community spread and my neighbours felt like it was the right time to throw an outdoor pool party with about 40 people. Social gatherings of 5 or more people are prohibited, Not only are they putting themselves in danger they are putting ME and the neighbour on the other side in danger. 
The cops are currently ticketing everyone. What part of STAY HOME don’t people get. 

Good job! @GG84 I can imagine the news in the coming days: 'positive cases resulting from a pool party'...🙄

@GG84 What flagrant disregard for people's health!! Good on you for calling! 

testing