Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thank you for checking in and sharing your thoughts, @tastelikewater!  I took a Facebook break for a lot of the day and may need to for longer. I'm not trying to ignore CVID19 but I don't want to think about it 24 hrs a day.

@tastelikewater Right after healthcare workers like doctors and nurses, we need mental healthcare workers. Never has the entire population been on house arrest all at once, so thank you for your service!

Youre a strong person for resisting online shopping. Buying baby toys and clothes is like the only thing I have to look forward to right now!

it feels like we’re in the Great Depression with so many empty aisles at the grocery store. I started getting on my husband’s case for gratuitous paper towel usage. We’re about to run out!

@itscarin I think my willpower is wearing down! It's my birthday in two weeks, so since I can't go out I might spend that money on a small haul instead 😁

Nothing wrong with treating yourself a little for your B-Day, @tastelikewater :).

@tastelikewater Some viseart palettes are 40% off plus you get a $20 gc for every $100 spent on beauty lush right now. 😈

@itscarin  hey, tell him to save those papers for tp!  gotta recycle. 😉

I am glad you got the go ahead to check in on your kids @tastelikewater!  I'm also really glad that you are realizing what you need to do to take care of yourself.  During times such as this self care is so important!  I work at a University in California and we have already been told that classes will stay in the online format for the remainder of the semester.  Faculty and staff will remain working from home until, at the very least, April 7th.  I suspect that will be extended out though.  Focusing on the positives has really helped me too, that and this community.  Hugs & love!

I'm so grateful for all of you in the BIC.  Coming here is such a nice distraction and such a great way to get to connect socially with everyone right now when we're all "social distancing" and it's so nice to be able to talk with y'all and hear how YOU'RE doing.  Thanks so much for being here and for being "distance friends" :).  

I'm super grateful for this amazing community as well @CookieGirl1!  Things feel so surreal right now, but this community is the constant, kinda like a link to life before things changed and now, if that makes sense.  Wishing all of my fellow BICers lots of love!

Agreed @CookieGirl1 BIC is helping with isolation and giving me a lot of perspective about life for everyone now. I'm so glad I have everyone here.

I had quite the time trying to get TP the other night.  all the stores closed early, so I figured I'd go to the one that's open all night, thinking if they did close early, it'd be later...wrong.  by the time I got there, it was just after midnight, and there were signs saying they close at midnight. 😞  I walked around and went in since the other doors were open, and there were 2 guys waiting and said they were closed...I asked if I could just get 1 thing, but no...I was like ugghhhh, come on!!  now there is a 711 and gas station nearby, but Idk if they close early too (course they probably don't have any anyway, and it's overpriced anyway.)  I wish ulta or sephora had tp...lol.

Oh wow @treestar86  I suppose I have been lucky. I order my groceries online and haven’t had issues getting any. Lysol has been a different story. 

@GG84that's good to hear.  there are a number of stores around here w/plenty of food, but when they're all out of TP and you don't drive and have to spend all night riding around trying to find a store that's open and has TP...not so fun haha.  I suppose I should look into ordering, haha.

@treestar86 @This is what I found on Amazon 🤣

2D4961DE-0E1E-43DD-BE38-F74079B364ED.png

6E18379A-2BD3-4EF5-82C8-620F86C9DC69.png

@itscarin That first question/answer... 🤣 We can always count on Amazon questions and reviews for cheap entertainment. 

All of CharmIn’s TV commercials seem cruel now. Quit telling us how fabulous your tp is when we can’t bleepin’ buy it anywhere! 😂 I’ve seen Angel Soft’s new tp commercials about keeping up with demand... um, in which cities/towns? Not Chicago! 

@itscarin  haha, wow, that's a lot for $15!  what a steal! 😮

Trying convenience stores and gas stations for TP is actually not a bad idea @treestar86.  My son called me to tell me that while all of the grocery stores in his area were out, he saw some at a number of gas stations and one 7-11.  You may have to pay more, but it would be worth it if you were out.

@mrsmouse  I figure at least I could get some from the bathroom if they're out, haha. 😄  the sad thing is, with most places closed, just think of all the bathrooms with toilet paper sitting there, going unused!!  like the huge college campus here...tons of bathrooms. lol

OMG, I didn't even think of sneaking it from their bathroom @treestar86!  Haha!  I wish you lots of TP finding luck!!

@treestar86, I had the same problem, but caught an 18 rol...

@treestar86, I had the same problem, but caught an 18 roll of Charmin on Amazon. My UPS man delivered it today and I was so happy, happier than any beauty product I've ordered before. We were down to 4 rolls at the house and I was getting nervous. Already have another order placed to have more delivered the end of April. It really was only a few dollars more than I would normally pay. Also snagged some Lysol wipes (mainly for my coworkers) and Kleenex.

Thanks @tsavorite, I'm on Amazon trying to find more lyso...

Thanks @tsavorite, I'm on Amazon trying to find more lysol wipes to send to daughter in law. Hopefully I'll snag some today or tomorrow. They sent us gloves and masks, now I'll feel a little better if my husband NEEDS to go to the store. I told him to wear his safety googles too 🙂
2 Replies
testing