Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@RGbrown I can even just eat frozen bananas plain without even running them through the processor!  I actually LOVE eating frozen fruit--grapes, pineapple, peaches, and blueberries are favs.  We actually purposely freeze fruit in our house just so that we can eat it like that :).

@eshoethat's so good!  I got some bananas when I went out last time, since I have a can of coconut milk and pineapple and figured I could make some nice frozen treats, haha...

@treestar86 itโ€™s the best trick Iโ€™ve learned, I donโ€™t let bananas turn to the point of banana bread anymore๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Now a can of coconut milk and some pineapple, lucky you! Sounds like a delicious concoction:)

@eshoe  good thing I'm a hoarder. ๐Ÿ˜„ lol.  now I'm out of dried bananas though. ๐Ÿ˜ž  but I do have a dehydrator, haha. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now that I donโ€™t have, @treestar86! sounds fun;)

@eshoeit's bananas. ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

Stay safe, @RGbrown! I'm glad your parents aren't going o...

Stay safe, @RGbrown! I'm glad your parents aren't going out anymore. I'm getting a little stir crazy, too, even though I'm a homebody. I wish I could go to the bookstore (which is non-essential, so closed anyway.)

Re: Stay safe, @RGbrown! I'm glad your parents aren't going o...

@curlychiquita 

This is definitely a tough time for all, even those of us that prefer staying home ๐Ÿ’•

Yes, stay safe @RGbrown! You can do 100 lipsticks in a day to pass the time ๐Ÿคฃ

I second this suggestion @ShortErica Even though I myself am hardly wearing any makeup. Even today I wore eyeshadow for the challenge but rest of my face stayed blank. Itโ€™s just hard to find motivation ๐Ÿ˜ข

@ShortErica 

Ya know, I don't think I've put on lipstick once since this started. ๐Ÿค” I should get on that. โค๏ธ

Yes, makeup has taken a backseat and sadly I have been skipping some skincare too @RGbrown. Gotta keep good habits!

Much love to you too @RGbrown. I hope you stay healthy, and I'll be thinking about your parents and hope they stay safe. Hopefully you will get a sunny day there soon. 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much, and I hope y'all are able to stay safe was well! โฃ๏ธ

@RGbrown  Its really crazy how much the numbers really jump. When we got our first case in my area, it was in the same city as I live, and there are 6 case in my city, which is not that big. Honestly right now its best to stay at home, unless you go to a grocery store or there is an emergency. I hope you and your family stay safe, and may this pass quickly already.

@Anastasiya13 

Yeah, sadly they just keep going up and up. AL is updating numbers twice a day, and we added 29 more cases this afternoon ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ฅ I hope you are able to stay safe as well! 

@RGbrown  Oh wow, I feel you we have 536 cases in Los Angeles county. Thank you hon, hope you and your family stay safe.

@Anastasiya13 

The numbers just keep climbing. Where I am in Canada (Ontario) we have close to 500 cases and the City Iโ€™m in there is evidence of community spread which is just thrilling (not). I have some of the symptoms but no fever so that would suggest a cold but have been quarantined for 10 days now. 

@GG84  Oh wow, thats crazy. Here the numbers have jumped a lot too (Los Angeles, CA), and there seems that they might be implementing curfew since people still don't really understand (naive) whats going on and wont listen about just staying home. Oh dang, by any chance are you able to get tested for it? This virus is so crazy, especially with people coming out saying that they are not showing signs of it, but are positive for COVID.

@Anastasiya13 I believe the cdc changed their recommendation on Sunday or Monday to say you should only get tested if testing will effect your treatment plan. Right now I believe the plan is you tough it out on your own and if you canโ€™t breathe you go to the hospital but donโ€™t quote me on that. 

@itscarin  I would not be surprised, but to be honest I feel like its a bit unnecessary to get tested at the moment, considering there is no real treatment, and from what I hear they just send you home. I think its mostly necessary if you are really short of breath, and its to the point that you need to be hospitalized. Actually the only point it might be necessary is if you are one of the people who still actually needs to go to work.

3 Replies
testing