Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I’m so sorry @ChescaCat . You are a great grand daughter as you are prioritizing her health over your desire to meet her. Hope she stays safe and you get to visit her when things get back to normal.

I'm sorry to hear that, @ChescaCat. ❤  Hopefully you will get to see her.  We were hoping to visit my father-in-law for Easter because his heart is deteriorating and he's too weak for open heart surgery.  I hope we can still go.

@ChescaCat hugs to you, especially for looking out for your Grandma like you are 🙂

I am so sorry @ChescaCat ❤️❤️❤️

That is so hard @ChescaCat. You're making a wise decision by not going but oh, how tough. Stay strong! Are you able to talk to her on the phone? It's not the same but is something.

@ChescaCat Best wishes to you and your grandma.

Image result for hearts gif

@ChescaCat  I wish I could hug you in person right now. ❤️ 

RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Hi again everyone! Freakin’ app won’t let me respond to individual comments and I can’t find my laptop charger. Grrr! I hope everyone can get some relief from this craziness soon. My job finally shut down and they’ve decided to continue paying us. I’m in better shape than my husband and daughter, who are not getting paid. My daughter just moved out on her own in January and she’s freaking out about the possibility of not being able to pay her rent. If we get our taxes back at a decent time, I’m going to talk to my husband about helping her next month. He loves her as if she was his own child so I’m sure he’ll agree. Crazy thing though is that some of my customers were having a breakdown that we’re shutting down for two weeks. Really? We want to be safe too. They act like life will end if we’re not open. Folks need an intervention.

Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I'm so glad you are shutting down & still getting paid @divaknits!  I feel so bad for your husband and daughter though!  I'm crossing my fingers that your taxes come back quickly!  Hugs!!

@divaknits  Aww I’m glad your work closed and your still getting paid. It’s to bad your husband and your daughter isn’t getting paid. Hopefully it will settle down. 

I’m sorry to hear about your husband and daughter’s loss of pay and glad at least you are getting paid. @divaknits I guess ppl respond differently at the face of a challenge. Some become considerate and others entitled. Hang in there things will get better.

I'm sorry to hear that your husband and daughter aren't getting paid while their jobs are shut down. I'm glad you are still getting paid, @divaknits.  Good luck and take care of yourselves! 💓

@divaknits I feel your customers’ pain but also it’s good work is shutting down. My husband and I have been using retail therapy. He’s getting a bunch of gym equipment since the gyms are closed. Try buying a 12 kg kettlebell right now — spoiler alert: they’re all sold out! 😂. I’m getting a bunch of baby toys and nursing clothes in the event my office ever opens again. 

From a mental health perspective I think the retailers are offering a much needed service! Thank god for online shopping. 

Just dropping in to say no one at my grocery store understands social distancing. At one point a woman wanted me to walk directly past her and I literally said out loud, "Social distancing." Multiple people laughed. Sigh.

We're having that same issue here @sprocketta😞  I went to a CVS and this lady came right up behind me, so I moved a little farther away (the line is an open area before you get to the register so you can), and then she moved closer, so I moved further and she did it again.  *HEADDESK*

@mrsmouse  If it wasn't such a serious situation, I would laugh. Why do people always feel the need to inch ever closer in lines, it's not going to get you thru any faster 🙂

In MA, the markets and pharmacys have started putting tape lines on the floor to demarcate 6 foot zones, maybe it will catch on!

I have to laugh @MissPuff because if I don't I'll go nuts.  But yes, why some people feel the need to be up another person's butt in line, I will never know.  Even when this wasn't going on I didn't want anyone closer than arms length to me.  I really like the tape line idea!  I am SUPER crossing my fingers that catches on here!

@sprocketta  Urg. So frustrating. Our grocery stores are only limiting 25 people in the store at once. 

Our state (Louisiana) goes on lockdown tomorrow at 5pm. S...

Our state (Louisiana) goes on lockdown tomorrow at 5pm. So grocery stores, pharmacy and banks will be open. I'm on my second of 4 shifts and hope to survive my two nights! How are you doing today @sprocketta

Re: Our state (Louisiana) goes on lockdown tomorrow at 5pm. S...

@Luvstravel oh my, you're a strong lady! I'm ready to strangle my parents. They are not taking this seriously enough. I went to a park yesterday and people were keeping their distance but a little boy desperately wanted to say hi to my dog and his grandmother stopped him, but they got snot 3 feet from us. 

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

checking in from Illinois about 45 minutes away from where the virus has left off new cases... I was a bit ahead of the rat race in certain instances, we have plenty of toilet paper, food and essentials,, I live in a very small town, surrounded by other bigger smaller towns lol stores are stocked pretty good around here, I was stressing about hand sanitizer,, that was the only thing I forgot to stock up on,,, was literally about to start making my own,,, and two lonely bottles were sitting on the shelf,,,, thank you!! state lock down in place, but I'm not stressing over this. I have faith, and we are staying put and washing everything constantly!
testing