Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@faeriegirl 

I’m sorry to hear about your wedding being postponed. It’ll be a much brighter celebration when this is over!

@faeriegirl - I'm sorry you had to postpone your wedding!  😞

Just now checking in since yesterday. Glad you are doing...

Just now checking in since yesterday. Glad you are doing good @faeriegirl, and so sorry about postponing the wedding. Stay safe since you are still working and make sure your daughter stays safe also❣

Thank you so much everyone!❤️❤️❤️

@faeriegirl   Oh no!  I’m sorry your plans have been postponed but congrats on finding your life human!  🥰🥰🥰. 

@faeriegirl  Aww I’m so sorry you had to post pone  getting married  😭

@faeriegirl   So sorry you had to postpone. That really stinks. 

@faeriegirl That’s so disappointing! Hopefully you will be able to do something great when this is over ! 

@faeriegirl, I'm so sorry you had to postpone your wedding. 💙

Oh @faeriegirl my heart goes out to you. I hope this passes quickly and you can have an amazing wedding.

@faeriegirl I am so sorry to hear about your wedding. I was thinking to myself earlier today that it would stink to have a wedding set for now. It will be later and greater! 

@faeriegirl I'm so sorry to hear that you have to postpone.  How unfortunate!  Glad you are safe, though!

Oregonian here.  So far there aren't any reported cases in my actual town although evidently there are more and more cases that have popped up in the state just overnight.  I'm starting to feel a little stifled simply because it's like EVERYTHING is closing!  I can't believe all of the retail stores that are shutting down and it feels very eerie; I'm one of those people who loves going shopping (I don't have to buy anything, I just love going to look around) so this seems so weird.  The gym that I belong to just shut down yesterday and I'm already feeling restless and like I really need to have a physical outlet so I may look into other gyms in the area.  Thankfully I'm not totally confined to the house and because I work in healthcare my job is at least safe (for now).  Hope you all stay safe and well during this time--love ya, ladies!!!!

@CookieGirl1 I’m in Oregon too. I’d like to know which towns ARE seeing cases, since I teach (taught...) in a small town/community and knowing if there are cases there would be very helpful. At least the weather has been nice and I can go outside and leave my windows open! My neighborhood is hopping with people out and about, but there still isn’t much to do. The uncertainty about school is making me anxious. I miss my seniors and I’m sure they’re anxious too. Without sports, prom, graduation, our annual talent show... everyone is just a little defeated. 

Wow, that must be difficult as a senior teacher, @alexasteph!  I'm so sorry that you're off work right now because I'm sure it must be somewhat lonely after being surrounded by people for your job.  Where in Oregon do you live?  I live in Salem.  I found this tonight online and thought it might answer your question about the Oregon stats, even though I know it's not a completely up-to-date list (because it's from yesterday):

Annotation 2020-03-20 032959.jpg

@CookieGirl1 Yeah, I’ve been checking the county counts and stuff, but they don’t really give much info on specific towns unless it’s something notable. Really, none confirmed in Salem so far? That seems odd since it’s the largest town in Marion County. I teach in Marion County, live in Clackamas County. 

It’s definitely been hard not getting to spend time with my students before they graduate and go off to college. We just started our final term, and there are a good handful of them I’ve literally taught or coached almost their entire time in high school. I teach Health and PE, and a lot of them choose PE classes for electives after I have them all as freshmen. Then they’ll be TAs for me. We’re a smaller school so it’s really easy to get to know kids because they’ll repeat teachers many times. I was also really looking forward to the senior season for a couple of my tennis players, we’re a group of such weirdos and have developed tons of team inside jokes, and traditions, and nicknames, we had 8 practices before everything was “suspended,” and our first match was supposed to be this past Monday. All coaches are dealing with this, working for 3 or 4 years with a group of kids... knowing senior year will be their big year and boom... it’s all gone. 

This must be devastating for you, @alexasteph.  It sounds like a vital part of your life has suddenly been ripped away and I can't even imaging how that must feel.  You obviously have a passion for your work and your students and I'll be thinking of you in the coming weeks.  I hope that you can find some kind of rest and relief but I know that right now pain is the prevailing emotion.  Please keep me updated on how you're doing, especially since we evidently live close to one another.  I'll honestly be praying for you.

--Carla

@sprockettaThis thread is a great idea.I am doing ok in New Brunswick,layed off from my job due to lack of work but I should qualify for employment insurance benefits once all the paper work gets done.Working from home isn't possible for my job and I don't really want to go out anywhere right now anyway.I will just have to be carefully about extra spending the next little while but I know I am very lucky compared to some others.I live with my elderly mother(and 6 cats) so I'm not alone and just spending my time catching up on reading,snowshoeing in the woods near our house and doing extra spring cleaning.

@Seymore3  Aww I’m so sorry you lost your job. I especially know how hard it is to get jobs in New Brunswick too. I’m from there. I really hope your able to get EI and your job back when everything calms down. 

Big hugs to you too @Seymore3 .  My heart sinks every time i hear people lost his/her job due to the corona virus. Stay strong!!!

@Seymore3, I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. 💜 Good luck finding one soon when this calms down! 

2 Replies
testing