Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Kim888 NYC sounds surreal. I love the idea of a virtual wine night!

A virtual wine night with friends sounds like a great idea! 

I feel lucky to have a nice home to isolate in. My kids are super bored, but we are healthy, and I’m sure with time we will adjust to this new normal. Amazingly enough, the retail store where I work is still open —though of course I am home with my kids— so I’m worried about the safety of my coworkers. It’s not like beads are an essential item.  Well maybe for me they are, but I’m stocked in that department;). 

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta , Thanks for this thread. Thanks for everyone checking in, because even though we are forum friends, I feel we want the best for everyone and I'm truly concerned for those losing jobs. I can say fortunately I'm a fire department dispatcher, so my job is secure. I'm on days off now, but heard they will start taking our temps when we return. I'm sorta glad because we are in a building with about 40 people with our police and sheriff dispatchers, but luckily glass walled between all agencies to keep us sorta health wise confined to our own groups. I definitely worry for our fire personnel who are all EMT's and respond to all of our medical calls in the area and our fire personnel who are paramedics and transport to hospitals. I know this will be a rough and testing time for all, but please stay strong.

@Luvstravel that's good that your job will be monitoring people for health issues - I imagine it's definitely hard when you work somewhere that can't comply with the orders to reduce people coming in !

Pretty not okay. Lost my job due to this uncertainty earlier this week, compromised immune system and I live alone. Crying doesn’t fix anything so I’ve been sleeping a lot. Hope you’re all well xoxo 

@GG84 I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the government is able to provide relief soon. In Toronto, I know $15 and Fairness is working on strengthening workers' rights at this time and some people are organizing rent strikes for April 1. There has to be flexibility and relief funds at this time or this city is simply not going to work.

@GG84 - I am so sorry to hear you lost your job!  I will keep you in my thoughts.  Here's a (((HUG))) for now!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 

Thank you ❤️ The hits keep coming unfortunately. A family member just diagnosed with stage 3 and needs to start treatment immediately. None of the family can be there with them as hospitals aren’t allowing visitors, an awful time to go through treatment alone. 

@GG84 - How awful!  Can the person be on a cell phone or other mobile device?  If so, maybe you can call or text while s/he is getting treated.

@GG84 Send a lots of hugs and prayers to you.  Hang in there!! We will all get through this. Heart

@GG84  Hugs! Things will get better!!

I'm definitely thinking of you, @GG84! 💓

I am so sorry @GG84. That is very stressful. I don't know that my company is laying off right now but I see it as a possibility in the future. I hope you stay safe and healthy.

I'm sorry, @GG84.  That has to be so frustrating for you right now :(.

@GG84 I’m so sorry to hear that:(.  Crying has helped relieve some of the tension but yeah, it only gets you so far.   Big virtual hugs.  Oh one of my friends posted this, perhaps it can help?

142FA76C-1641-47D3-9001-5F86B47021CD.jpeg

@GG84Sorry you lost your job,I hope some of the extra benefit program that have been announced will be helpfully to you and when this is over you get a great new job that you like.

Hi @GG84,

I am so sorry to hear this. Stay positive and keep your head up. However, I know from experience that it is easier said than done. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! 

Best,
Rebecca

@GG84 I'm really sorry to hear about your job. I have the same uncertainty. Stay hopeful and try to distract yourself as much as you can. Are there any classes online that you could take that are relevant to your field? or a new language you are interested in?

@GG84  Sending you virtual hugs! I can't imagine the stress you're feeling but hopefully this will pass soon. I've been face timing with my family and friends to feel less isolated and nothing beats stress eat 🙂 We're all here for you! 

@GG84 @Hang in there! Sending you lots of love from FL, and once the dust settles I hope you can find your dream job. Keep reaching out to us online, you’re not alone here in BIC. 💕

testing