Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thanks @Kim888. I'm trying to take it a day at a time but these next 3 weeks can't go by fast enough.

Good luck, @ShortErica !  I know it's stressful for both you and the other family.

@curlychiquita Thanks for your kind words! I am just hoping "shelter" and things related should stay active in business especially since the contract was signed in the first week of March. Appraisal is Tuesday and they had me pay fees to the HOA for closing so each day I just hope for more progress that says it will happen. 🤞

@sprocketta I work in healthcare, and have been so busy that I haven't had time to think about anything.  We've had a ton of admissions, and these aren't COVID-19 related.  So, I expect things to spike with the spread.

I did find out that my dad, who lives in another state, is low on toilet paper.  I told him to tell me if he was low, b/c I always have a ton on hand from Costco.  He didn't tell me, and is worried that I'm worried - if that makes sense.  So, I made him up a package of 10 rolls, two boxes of tissues and one roll of paper towels.  I'm hoping there won't be any snafus with me mailing it tomorrow.  I'm not going to tell him that I sent it until it's out - or else he'll discourage him from sending it.  I will say that being low on TP isn't the worst problem he could have by a long shot, so I don't want to complain.  Funny aside - what I was worried about with him was that he'd have enough beer on hand!

I'm most worried about people and their jobs.

What a great daughter @greeneyedgirl107 We are low on toi...

What a great daughter @Anonymous7 We are low on toilet paper also (the month I don't stock up on it!) I did snag some on Amazon yesterday so I feel much better. I told my mom I would send or bring her anything, just stay home! She's definitely good at keeping her supplies stocked, even when there isn't a pandemic.

@greeneyedgirl107 - yep just priority mailed my sis a 5 pound bag of rice. Unusual times, for sure 😞

@eshoe  Aww that’s so sweet of you!!

It’s just strange, @ather. I would normally just bring it to her, but hoping to minimize contact by sending it via snail mail. Who knows if that helps, we just hope it does 🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe  I think it helps. I have a friend who has isolated herself and her kids and I’ve been just dropping things at her doorstep to minimize contact. 

That’s awesome of you, @ather. Those are the gestures that people remember long after the storm passes. I went through a difficult time long ago, and someone dropped off a little basket of things for me, one of the items being a ceramic votive holder. I think of that kindness and even though I don’t know who did it, I remember how it made me feel like someone cared about me. You are a gem for what you are doing💖🤗

@eshoe  Aww thank you! You are so sweet! 

@eshoe Feels So crazy to think about mailing things like this. Told my sister I would mail her some soap because she hasn’t been able to buy it yet. She’s outside Denver.

Yikes @jen81. That’s awesome you were able to help her out💗💗💗!

Oh wow I bet work is super stressful for you to right now @greeneyedgirl107 ! And that’s so nice you are getting a care package out ! 

@greeneyedgirl107 I don't get the toilet paper hoarding. People are taking enough that they could go years without buying.

me neither.  although, if they tell ppl to stay home, then it makes sense to stock up on things...cuz how are ppl gonna stay home if they have to go to the store every day cuz they told us not to buy too much?  lol.  I saw on tv ppl getting in fights over it cuz some ppl have a whole cart full of tp, and someone takes some out...lol.  as they should!!  If you haven't bought it yet, then it's fair game and it should get stolen, hahaha.  the ironic thing is, I like to stock up on things so I don't have to go out all the time, and I use too much tp, and now, when I need it... d'oh. 😞

Checking in from Oklahoma. So far there are no cases in my county. We have closed our office to the public but we are still working. I had planned on getting married April 1st but had to reschedule😢. The only items that we have had trouble getting is toilet paper, bread, and milk. I hope everyone is doing well.❤️❤️❤️

@faeriegirl 

I’m sorry to hear about your wedding being postponed. It’ll be a much brighter celebration when this is over!

@faeriegirl - I'm sorry you had to postpone your wedding!  😞

Just now checking in since yesterday. Glad you are doing...

Just now checking in since yesterday. Glad you are doing good @faeriegirl, and so sorry about postponing the wedding. Stay safe since you are still working and make sure your daughter stays safe also❣

Thank you so much everyone!❤️❤️❤️

1 Reply
testing