Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Handbag Thread

Does anyone collect nice handbags as well?? I have 4 Kate Spades and I love them. Plus a dooney and Bourke wristlet. I’ll share some pics when I get home. Let’s see what you have BIC!

Re: Handbag Thread

@GG84 I really like my Brahmin. The only I currently have is big enough for an iPad but not a laptop but there are many many sizes. I haven't even treated the leather (shame on me) and it is holding up really well. I think I've had it 3 years or so now.

Edit to add: I think the one I own is the medium asher style.

@ShortErica I ended up going with a Staud bag, it was an awful choice. I can only hold it on my wrist and honestly my bag for work weighs about 20lbs. I’ve had the worst shoulder/arm pains all week. It was a bad, bad choice. 

Now I have to Google and avoid that bag @GG84. Any way you can return it?

@ShortErica Nah, It’s my own fault. I don’t have a sit down at desk job where I just use my handbag as a to and fro from car to office, I walk a good 10 km/day from account to account so my bag is always on me. I should have known better, but you know, fashion. I use accessories to spark conversations sometimes. 

Well good lesson then @GG84. I've bought many a thing that ended up not working out and I should have known better. I'm trying to be more realistic about myself and purchases that make sense for my lifestyle.

RE: Re: Handbag Thread

Do you have a pic of the one that is sold out so we can see what you are looking for?

You could say Handbags are my weakness. I don’t care for shoes, but handbags get me everytime. 

My collection has grown over the years, I started collecting in early 2000’s. 

Balenciaga’s Motorcycle Bag was my first major investment, I have it in two colours. It’s such a timeless bag that I took one out and used it this year. 

I’ve collected many over the years (LV,MJ, Celine) however they mainly “sleep” in a closet of their own. I keep in rotation my more economical bags like Coach, MK and Kate. 

@GG84Do you have the LV Beverly GM or any of the cherry prints? Those are my dream bags lol.

@Samtian I have the SC Bag, Neverfull and Speedy. 

RE: Handbag Thread

Here’s my Dooney Wristlet

Here’s a few of mine.

Love the bow one

Love the bow one

I LOOVEE the one with the bow!! Sooo cute! Love your collection

Isn’t it cute?? I had to buy it when I saw it

Re: RE: Handbag Thread

Hi @KehDee ,

I studied fashion and I love love love handbags. I have never invested in a designer handbag as I know I would not treat them very well, but I have always loved Kate Spade! Very nice collection! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT I thought the exact same!! But I feel comfortable saying that some of my LV have definitely held up to a lot of use (... maybe even abuse LOL). My speedy 30 and neverfull mm are in the heaviest rotation for daily use, and they’ve held up really well carrying a lot of things, commuting by train, in airports etc ❤️

RE: Re: RE: Handbag Thread

It is so hard to treat them properly! But I do my best lol

Re: RE: Re: RE: Handbag Thread

@KehDee Do you keep them in their dust bags? 

@KehDee What a great collection! 

Best,

Rebecca

RE: Re: RE: Handbag Thread

Thanks @RebeccaBT!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos14
testing