Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Handbag Thread

Does anyone collect nice handbags as well?? I have 4 Kate Spades and I love them. Plus a dooney and Bourke wristlet. I’ll share some pics when I get home. Let’s see what you have BIC!

Re: Handbag Thread

Talk about timing when seeing this thread! I'm actually going to a closed door luxury handbag event this Saturday that I'm really excited (and anxious) about. It can get a little like black Friday, but without shoving or anything. I have my eye on a Gucci bag that they are offering, and maybe a Prada bag, but I was told Prada is for "old people" by my niece so now IDK :D.I also liked a LV briefcase that they had a preview of, but I'm not sure how practical it would be for me to pick it up as I'd get more use out of another handbag. I have a Coach leather carrier bag that I've used for 2+ years that I love, and I'm trying to not buy bags that I won't use.

As far as my collections I have waaayyy too many leather Coach bags (some from the 1941 collection), 1 Kate Spade*, 1 Brahmin bag*, 2 Michael Kors, and one LV. The ones with an asterisk were gifts.

Spoiler
My second handbag that I ever owned looked like this Coach except make the canvas black, and the handle was made out of Python. I was so excited when I got that bag - man that was a long time ago lol!
Image result for coach bag hobo with snakeskin handle black canvas

Handbag Thread

OMG! My handbag addiction has been insane 4 like almost 20 years! I had a huge collection of Coach bags of all colors and sizes and a couple Juicy bags ... then we moved, my cat was pissed and he didnt per in just any box he destroyed all my coach & juicy bags! It was horrific! To fund my habit now, I've had to sell/swap my bags. I just sold an awesome kate spade and my black Betsey Johnson - like barrel shaped,shoulder bags. Very adorbs. Currently, I have a D&B Oakland A's purse, a Pink Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, a Black kate spade Sam bag and just got a New Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag. I also have a Spell & the Gypsy Collective bag that's rare and was expensive...smh. My bag obsession might be worse than makeup and shoes put together! ❤ me a pretty bag! Lol! (I put a pic of an older green ksny Sam I had but traded for a Black one. .. and the last pic is the one I just sold) Oh and I forgot my Betsey Weekender is one of my faves! I almost forgot! Lol!

RE: Handbag Thread

What a tragedy with your cat!! Beautiful bags though 🙂

@BaseballJen I love the pink Rebecca Minkoff! I have it in black and green it is my go-to bag!

Best,
Rebecca

About 10 years ago I became a minimalist out of necessity due to frequent overseas travel and lack of desire to continue packing up a flat, storing it, unpacking and then repeating the process all over again when I came back stateside.  I still have my first splurge purse -- a soft black leather Coach Hobo bag with matching wallet. I still have light grey-pink Coach cross body.  My favorite wallet ever was stolen when I was in Barcelona - the softest leather, slim design, just perfect and of course, out-of-stock at Coach when I returned.  A few years ago I switched over to Kate Spade and now own 3 purses with matching wallet and am debating what my next bag will be.  I'd love to do a clutch but epi-pens just don't fit in clutches... At least none that I have found.  I'm in no hurry to find a new bag  -- nothing is speaking to me at the moment.  6 years later and I'm still bummed about that wallet.

Yay bags! I dont have a lot but what I do have, I love.  I have two Mulberrys, two marc jacobs (one from marc by marc and one from the “designer” line), one red crossbody Michael Kors, and a random ivory one which is basically a furball lol its weird but cute in the winter.

I also have two Louis Vuitton wallets that I love.

Handbag Thread

Not really. I only buy bags if I need it or unless I really like it. Currently hunting for a nice slouchy tote bag and selling some old bags. Heres what came in the mail this week 🥰❤ Grad present to myself ❤

RE: Handbag Thread

Gorgeous 😍

@DianaHuynh  Wow beautiful bag.

@DianaHuynh What a beautiful bag! 

Best,

Rebecca

I have three Kate Spade bags and a Kate Spade wristlet.  I've also got a Chloe that was a gift that I don't care (never used) for and need to sell.

I'm going to get another Kate for Christmas this year.  

@KehDeeI used to have a decent collection, but my former roommate stole many of them during a move years ago. Now I mainly just have economically decent bags like MK, Coach. I think I might have a Kate Spade in there. And you know, even when I had my *sob* collection I would get more compliments on one Fossil handbag than anything else. I think I still have that one in storage, it was just so well made and perfectly executed it caught everyone's eye.

Thats awful. I have had a lot of roommates and lived alon...

Thats awful. I have had a lot of roommates and lived alone for a year or two before getting married but all of my roommates except for one was a dude - all of whom Im still close with. But that one was and still is a super evil b*tch. She was the 2nd roomie I ever had and I said .. NEVER again! Girls can be so shady and mean. It sucks! 😕

I love your collection! @KehDee  I am a fan of handbags but all of the ones that I really want are super expensive. I've been wanting a quilted leather Chanel crossbody bag for the longest time. Maybe one day! 🙂

OOoh @ZakiyaBT a quilted leather Chanel has been on my list forever too.

Its also a bag on my wishlist! Don't think i'll get it be...

@ZakiyaBT Its also a bag on my wishlist! Don't think i'll get it because of the price 🤷🏻‍♀️

Re: Its also a bag on my wishlist! Don't think i'll get it be...

@DianaHuynh I know! It's so expensive, but I just keep hoping that one day someone will have it wrapped up underneath my Christmas tree or a birthday gift or something! Maybe I should put a picture of it on my vision board. 

RE: Re: Handbag Thread

That would be lovely!! I hope that you can find a way to get one some day. I’ve recently fallen in love with Kate Spade and we have an outlet about 20 minutes from where I live and they always have amazing sales. That’s the only reason I own as many as I do lol

Okay y’all, I’m in the market for a new handbag. The one I really want is sold out everywhere, so I can’t have it. I’m open to any designer, I always go for a larger bag. I carry around a laptop and binder for work everyday. Suggestions?

@GG84 So sad I was late to this, but Dagne Dover has some nice work bags in their leather collection for work! They just launched a new line so hopefully a sale is coming up soon, they generally do tag sales in January also

40 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos14
testing