Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Ghosts & Goblins, Witches & Ghouls come drink from this cauldron, if you choose โค๐Ÿ’€

Yes, Fall is here but isn't "spooky" an all year round celebration?  

๐Ÿ’€

So, come on in, pull up your coffin and share with us your favorite oogly, boogly things.  

Image result for spooky gif

May they be beauty, food or costume related.  All spookiness welcome, we'd be elated!

Related image

So, walk, run or drag your soul here & don't be shy, share your dark cheer! 

Related image

**Ok, seriously, there are guidelines in the forum. So please don't post anything inappropriate or gory.  That's not the vibe we're aiming for.  Cool?**

Re: Ghosts & Goblins, Witches & Ghouls come drink from this cauldron, if you choose โค๐Ÿ’€

So true it never gets old - yes he started this way before kids and now itโ€™s a tradition where friends and neighbours wonder what he will be each year.  

Re: Ghosts & Goblins, Witches & Ghouls come drink from this cauldron, if you choose โค๐Ÿ’€

@2manyperfumes I love your decorations! So fun!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™m the designated treat handler except for Reeseโ€™s peanut butter cups,  brown canโ€™t be trusted around them.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

@2manyperfumes I love that. I want that job ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Rebecca

Trader Joe's already put out the Pumpkin Caramel kringles that they get from O&H Danish Bakery. I had never tried one before. Oddly it was a little too sweet for me... so I only had 3 little slices ๐Ÿ˜‰ and the kringle lasted 3 whole days in a household of 4 people.

I really love the almond kringle. 

We didn't really have summer here in the Seattle area this year, I think it got over 85 degrees maybe a dozen times, I think it was over 90 once, and I've been chilly far more often than hot. A lot of times I had to put the car A/C on "1" and then dial it halfway between cold and hot, to keep from freezing while driving about. I guess we could still get a hot spell in September. But I'm ready for fall anyway!

@gingerleigh   I haven't been shopping there enough; if the pumpkin kringle is out, we missed the raspberry. ๐Ÿ˜ž  We love the almond one too.  The bakery that makes those sells them for about 3x the price that TJ's charges!

I missed raspberry too, and I think I would love that one. I know how expensive it is to order them from O&H because my MIL and SIL have Fedex'ed them around the holidays before. (MIL used to live in Racine, where the bakery is.)

They do have some really cute stuff worth ordering from the website though, like the Valentine's kringle,

I think this had cream cheese filling?I think this had cream cheese filling?

and the gift box the kringles came in for Xmas 2016 was so adorable, I still have it and use it to store a blanket my mom made for my kids when they were little.

blanket on left, kringle box on right. cute!blanket on left, kringle box on right. cute!

Such cute gift stuff @Ispend2much6 

But it's amazing to be able to get them at Trader Joe's for $7.99 (well that is how much they charge here)

@gingerleigh   That is a cute box!!!

@gingerleigh I am sobbing in my oscillation fan as I read your second paragraph.  Seems like a move is in order!!   ๐Ÿ˜„

I edited my post a little, it did get over 80 fairly often, but the feelings of chilliness were real! @tinobiscuits 

RE: Ghosts & Goblins, Witches & Ghouls come drink from this cauldron, if you choose โค๐Ÿ’€

Re: RE: Ghosts & Goblins, Witches & Ghouls come drink from this cauldron, if you choose โค๐Ÿ’€

Luv it @melissapurple22 ๐Ÿ˜‚

Even Coke is getting into the game.  Oh, and Spam too.

pumpkin-spice-455.pngcoke_can_600_34472dc35383d328e74db9047bbe7980.fit-560w.jpg

I hate pumpkin spice anything! everywhere I go these days...

I hate pumpkin spice anything! everywhere I go these days... #overit!

@Ispend2much6 These look so interesting!

Best,

Rebecca

"The soda company plans to debut Coca-Cola Cinnamon and Sprite Winter Spiced Cranberry on Sept. 30, the company has confirmed. The flavors will stick around through New Year's Eve."

I thought cranberry Sprite was already a thing. I have definitely bought some cranberry sodas around the holidays in recent years, maybe it was ginger ale?

I hope they have Cinnamon Coke Zero. I go off and on soda, but the holidays are the on time. However I hate the taste of HFCS so I like the diet sodas. Or the occasional soda made with real sugar. (I do realize the artificial sweetener is bad for you too, it's just a flavor preference over HFCS.)

Lol I havenโ€™t had spam since I was a kid with scrambled eggs.  

@gingerleigh   I seem to remember a fruity flavored Sprite or gingerale too.  We are kind of myopic in our soda choices, so it could have slipped by us.  We have one Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Pepsi fan, one Diet Coke fan, one Mt. Dew, and one who drinks no soda at all (doesn't like bubbles.)  Two prefer coffee to any soda, and two of us prefer tea. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow @Ispend2much6 this reminds me of a math word problem. As in something like:

One likes Coke or Pepsi, one likes Mt. Dew, one doesn't like bubbles at all. Two prefer coffee or tea. How many are thirsty? 

@gingerleigh   You're right, it does sound like a logistics problem on the SAT. lol  Imagine what it's like menu planning. ๐Ÿ™‚   Actually, we're all pretty much in agreement on that.  I cook, everyone eats. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't know who thought pumpkin spice Spam was a good idea but okay! LOL! The cinnamon Coke seems like something I would try. 

testing