Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Frustration Reliever

Today I've just become more and more and more frustrated just with people in general. What do you all do when you're fed up with dumb people that create you frustration

RE: Frustration Reliever

Firstly, evaluate what about those people causes you frustration and if it's reasonable/possible for you to do anything about it. Remember: you can't control others, only yourself, so if you can remove these people from your life without risking your livelihood or other necessity, then consider doing so. If not, then accept that it is what it is, they are who they are (and you can't change that), and focus on what you can do to make yourself happier/better. (This is known as "radical acceptance," which admittedly is easier in theory than practice.) As for soothing techniques: if you just need a quick way to calm down, try pacing your breathing (e.g. 5sec in through nose + 8sec out through mouth) or taking a quick "vacation"/step away from the situation to clear your head. Try distracting yourself with an activity you enjoy, using your five senses (e.g. the warmth and texture of a soft blanket or a bath), exercising away your frustration (short and intense exercise works), etc. It's important to be mindful while doing these things, which means focusing on what you are doing in the moment, pushing away outside thoughts, and not assigning judgment. You can also specifically practice guided mindfulness, which typically involves sitting in a relaxed position and listening to a recorded voice walk you through gradual relaxation—something you can also practice solo for relaxation, just by starting at the top of the body while lying still and slowly flexing and relaxing your muscles one by one, working down to your toes—or imagined scenarios (common ones are the feeling of warmth spreading over you or being in nature). Long-term, you set yourself up to stay most relaxed by feeling healthy—eating right and exercise, but I like to stress adequate sleep. (Reference: my brain after dialectical behavior therapy.)
Anonymous Insider

RE: Frustration Reliever

I think the best way to do it is just shut it all out. Go some place quiet away from everyone and take 10 deep breathes. This relaxes you and calms your brain down a few notches so you don't react negatively towards the stupid people. It almost puts you in an I don't care mood once you relax and calm down then you're able to go about your day lol

Re: Frustration Reliever

honestly i just live by the motto, "you do you boo" if someone is being rude/a bitch or anything, i just will confront them in a relatively calm and nice (or as nice as i can muster in the moment) way. if you ultimately don't care about what others do, you can be so much more positive and self confident.

I think I know exactly how you feel! My issue is that too...

I think I know exactly how you feel! My issue is that too many people are focused on themselves- being the first in line, knowing more about the Kardashians than their own family and friends, caring more about impressing the neighbors than becoming friends with them. I find it helps to tune out every so often. Get off the phone, turn off the computer and TV. Get a good book or journal, find a craft you like and just enjoy the quiet every once in a while.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing