Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Foundation Matching

I recently bought sephora foundation online (light ivory 10) and it was surprisingly too light for my skin tone. I took it to my local sephora for a darker shade (and for help) and the expert reccomend \"clair light 13\"....yea, no. My face doesn't match my neck and I still have no idea what foundation to get! any advice???

Re: Foundation Matching

@Makeuptakeup25 You may want to try getting 3 samples of the foundation you want to buy at Sephora that match closest to your shade range and then test them out first before making a purchase. The lightening in store can be tricky to get an exact match plus some foundations may appear to oxzides throughout the day. Buying foundations online can be pain so there is also a shade finder on Sephora app/website that is pretty good in matching if you have matches to other foundations. I know Temptallia also has a good foundation shade match finder. Another tip is when you are testing to remove any other coverage products you might have on already and bring the swatch down from the side of your jawline to the neck. Hope this helps.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing