Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty

“Flash shipping

So 2 weeks ago i ordered something with 2 day flash. Did not come for over 5/6 days. This week(yesterday) I ordered 2 orders with flash 1 day and they still haven’t shipped and aren’t expected until the 26th?! So i paid an extra 5 dollars for what exactly? Don’t offer something you can come thru on. Puts a bad taste in my mouth. Never had this problem ordering from th manufacturers 

Re: “Flash shipping

So, I reached out about this issue a month or so ago.  The Flash Shipping is directly related to the shipping method.  They still have processing time for each order.  Due to the large number of orders due to the VIB sale they had a message up that there would be extended processing time but that the Flash Shipping would not be impacted.  This was a very poorly phrased disclaimer as many people (myself included) are confused as to what Flash Shipping truly provides and thought that we would all get our orders sooner than we did.

Unlike Amazon where they have more than 70 distribution centers, Sephora only has a few for the country.  So the processing takes longer than we've gotten used to from other companies.  Now, if they are shipping using a different shipping method, then I would reach out to find out why.  I know there are some things that they can't ship using two day shipping: 

Why didn’t my order qualify for FLASH 2-day shipping?

Orders to be shipped to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO addresses or to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or other international locations do not qualify for FLASH 2-Day Air shipping. FLASH shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Also, any orders that include Hazmat items must be shipped ground and also do not qualify for expedited shipping.

If you still have questions, I would recommend reaching out to customer service with your particular order number and ask what happened.

ChristineR07 wrote:

So, I reached out about this issue a month or so ago.  The Flash Shipping is directly related to the shipping method.  They still have processing time for each order.  Due to the large number of orders due to the VIB sale they had a message up that there would be extended processing time but that the Flash Shipping would not be impacted.  This was a very poorly phrased disclaimer as many people (myself included) are confused as to what Flash Shipping truly provides and thought that we would all get our orders sooner than we did.

Unlike Amazon where they have more than 70 distribution centers, Sephora only has a few for the country.  So the processing takes longer than we've gotten used to from other companies.  Now, if they are shipping using a different shipping method, then I would reach out to find out why.  I know there are some things that they can't ship using two day shipping: 

Why didn’t my order qualify for FLASH 2-day shipping?

Orders to be shipped to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO addresses or to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or other international locations do not qualify for FLASH 2-Day Air shipping. FLASH shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Also, any orders that include Hazmat items must be shipped ground and also do not qualify for expedited shipping.

If you still have questions, I would recommend reaching out to customer service with your particular order number and ask what happened.

Thanks for sharing your experience, @ChristineR07! I had wondered if that was the intention behind the warning, but I agree that it was phrased in a way that was confusing. But it's really helpful to hear that that seems to be where the problem/confusion lies. 

Glad to help.  I always feel like I'm making excuses for them when I'm really just trying to explain it.  They really need to have better information available so there are fewer people who have this problem.

The Flash 2-day shipping orders I placed this month are being mailed UPS ground ... which takes between 7-10 days in transit.  I'm new to flash - but I thought it meant a 2-day shipping method.  Is that not right? 

My 2-day Flash orders are taking 2 WEEKS to arrive to California.

Have you tried posting your concern in the customer support thread or called the customer service number for assistance? If not, I would start there.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing