Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Fitness Routines & Tips ๐Ÿ’ช

One of the best beauty tips I have is to exercise regularly ๐Ÿ™‚ But sometimes it can take a lot of experimentation to figure out what works best for your body and lifestyle. What does your fitness routine look like and what do you do to meet your fitness goals? I would love to hear all about it ๐Ÿ™‚

I exercise 4-6 times/week but because I started traveling so much, I haven't had a gym membership in years. This major lifestyle change meant switching over to YouTube workouts that don't require much in the way of equipment. I'm not as strict about targeting muscle groups - I just try not to get unbalanced and I don't focus on the same muscle group two days in a row.

Every week I do:

• At least two high intensity interval workouts, 15-20 min. I really prefer three and am pretty good with this 80% of the time, but sometimes if I have too many meetings/social outings after work, the third HIIT is the first to go. My favourite channel for this is Bodyrock TV
  • Mondays I always do lighter cardio + pilates based workout because I'm usually more tired on the first day of work, 20-30 min. I try to do these pilates based workouts 2x/week. I like Blogilates - the great thing about this channel is that you can see how insanely strong and fit the instructor is but she isn't cut like a fitness model! For most people, it is not realistic to be super ripped and have minimal body fat.
  • If I have time, I'll do one yoga workout, 30-90 min. Usually I just make up my own sequences, depending on how I feel. I do one studio class each month, either hot yoga or a teacher who I know will push me - not necessarily in a hard way, but rather to get my body to do something new

TIPS

• I keep a journal of the workouts I do to keep track. I also always schedule my workouts otherwise, I know I'll get caught up in my other responsibilities and this will be neglected. Putting them in my agenda pressures me to make time and commit
  • I do the same exercises until I can complete them with ease and then change to a different exercise targeting the same muscle. These keeps your muscles challenged and it's also way less boring
  • I have watched soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many YouTube workouts. I made playlists of the different types (HIIT, pilates, cardio, yoga). Sometimes videos are quite short but these means you can use them as building blocks to make a total workout tailored to your needs. You have to be a careful browser - sometimes teachers can do exercises that could hurt you if you're not strong enough to hold the form or some people have terrible form, etc.

Re: Fitness Routines & Tips ๐Ÿ’ช

Hi @pocketvenus,

Thank you for sharing your fitness routine! It is very important to exercise regularly! Since our Corporate HQ office is located in San Francisco, I love doing Soul Cycle after work! I have a 3-year-old (very active) Siberian Husky and we like going on runs together on a track field in the mornings at our nearby community college. Unfortunately, it has been raining in our area, so I can't wait for the rain to be over with. I definitely miss exercising and taking long runs with my dog in the sunshine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel

@RaquelBT  I love that you like to run with your husky. I've hurt my knees playing sports so I have to settle for long walks with my beagle. My husband has made a trail through our woods that is quite a workout and gives Gracie a chance to follow her nose(which gets her in trouble plenty of times)!! I do this every day (weather permitting,  only deep snow stops us). I add free weights every other day. I feel bad when I don't do some type of exercise.  If you don't use it, you lose it!!

Hi @yankeefaithful,

I'm sorry to hear about your knees! Long walks with the pup must be nice, especially since it's Spring time. I bet Gracie enjoys her walks with you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel

LOVE Huskies...i hope you eventually share a photo of your baby with us! @RaquelBT

Hi @pinyo,

We have this amazing thread on BIC called Pet Paradise! I've shared a puppy pic and current pic of my husky Kai on there! You can find this thread here > https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/Pet-Paradise/m-p/2536594#M118851. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

Nice to have an exercise buddy @RaquelBT! Huskys have so much drive and energy - I can only imagine ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @pocketvenus,

Yes! It's nice having my pup as an exercise buddy (keeps me on my toes lol)! He's so full of life with all his energy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 122 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • yougotthis
testing