Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Favorite movie scenes about makeup!

A fun question from a few days ago regarding favorite makeup tips got me thinking about movies that truly helped me figure out how I wanted to portray myself to the rest of the world. I can cite two specific movie scenes that taught me more than any magazine ever could:

Ferris Beuller's Day Off: the police station scene where Charlie Sheen's character advises Jennifer Grey's character on her eye makeup and what people thought of his own sister's makeup look.

The Breakfast Club: Emilio Estevez's reaction to Ally Sheedy's makeover, or rather makeunder,

What are some of your favorite movies that gave you ideas about makeup or inspired you to try out a certain look? Maybe I'll find some good movies to watch this weekend!

Re: Favorite movie scenes about makeup!

Oh most definitely! I love Cher's look: hair, eyebrows, lipstick, so 80's glam!

Most likely off the intended topic, but they did a great job on this. Smiley Happy

Actually, it fits the idea of makeup looks we all wanted t try. Who hasn't done the ghoul look and started doing the Thriller dance at a Halloween party?

You're right and Thriller makeup was awesome!  Halloween is my most favorite time to pull out the stops with makeup.  When my son was 8 or 9, he wanted to be Gene Simmons from KISS one year.  I got him a cheap black wig and pulled it back with a rubber band.  He let me painstakingly paint his face black and white.  Then we put red food coloring on his tongue.  Poor kid!  Nobody knew who he was unless we went to the door with him!  He wore some black high heeled boots that came up to his knees that we borrowed from an older girl.  He could barely walk but he would not take them off!  He also let me do werewolf makeup the next year. 

It's not a movie, but the makeup in Cats was amazing!

Highlighted

Faye Dunaway killed it in her depiction of Joan Crawford...and kudos need to go to the makeup artist, too! This scene in Mommie Dearest just screams crazy in a hundred different ways.

And we can't forget the "normal" makeup. Smiley Wink

I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of Charlize Theron putting on her makeup in Young Adult, in an attempt to seduce her now-married high school sweetheart. She has that look on her face that I think we all have sometimes when we do our makeup: "I am arming myself with gorgeousness to impress <insert hot guy's name here>" Smiley Tongue

i really liked this lipstick look from the last Star Wars movie

For some reason the Hunger Games always comes to mind when I think about movie makeup. I think it's primarily due to the fact that the paper lashes are just SO captivating.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA!!!!

Memoirs of a geisha!!!!

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • swfupload_5743890184168519701.jpg
  • swfupload_8866045943133896278.jpg
  • swfupload_7011246814950856026.jpg
  • swfupload_3661066812938754847.gif