Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Favorite Healthy Snack

With summer right around the corner I am doing my best to get into shape and start eating healthier. I am getting bored with ym usual healthy snacks and was wondering what everyone elses favorite healthy snacks are? One if mine is fresh jicama dipped in a greek yogurt dip I get from Trader Joes.

Re: Favorite Healthy Snack

hummus with veggies Smiley Happy

I was just introduced to couscous and that is my new favorite dish, I mix it with some rinsed kidney beans and chick peas and some sofrito sauce for a bit of flavor and yum high protein low calorie dish I can snack on and not feel guilty !!!

Highlighted

I love Mary's Gone Crackers, which are available at Costco right now for a really good price! It's got all these seeds to give you omega 3's, plus a satisfying crunch and is organic & gluten free. I love hummus with veggies too but I'm too lazy to make it and really like Trader Joe's brand Mediterranean style hummus because it has a layer of olive oil, herbs, and pine nuts on top, tastes and looks more like homemade-yum-o! My weird one is canned baby corn with evoo/balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and granulated garlic powder. Can you tell I love savory snacks most?

I remembered this thread yesterday at Target when I spotted a big ole can of Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds. I had to tell my fellow healthy snacker/almond lovers to go buy a can!

I can't say I eat these all the time, but pumpkin seeds are super good for you...zinc, healthy fats, and magnesium (most people are magnesium deficient). I learned this when I was fighting a cold, really helps.

Since pine nuts are so expensive (don't get me wrong, they're also super healthy), I love making pesto w/ pumpkin seeds instead...hmmm fresh basil.

Yay for the search function! I’m really trying to live a healthier lifestyle, so I’m glad I did a quick search and found this. I love some of the suggestions in here.

handful of almonds and mixed nuts, unsalted with dried apricots.

Raw almonds are my favorite snack, I can't stand the salted ones. Also apples dipped in plain greek yogurt (the **bleep**e brand is the best) or a bagel thin with some low sugar peanut butter and sliced bananas on top.

edit: wow they bleeped the yogurt brand haha what. It's F@ge ...

For me at this time of year it's freshly cut pineapple not the can kind. Also, mandarin oranges and Naked smoothies. 

In-season fresh fruit. I could eat fruit forever. Especially this time of year, when the cherries and berries are coming into season in my part of the country. Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • swfupload_7827134045186119558.jpg