Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Fashion hating

I love the "mullet skirt" and I think the peplum top is great for a lot of body types, but I read about people hating on these styles. 

Do you wear anything that people poo-poo? Or hate anything that's trendy right now?

Re: Fashion hating

I think most styles look great on some people and horrible on others. For example, peplum tops are just awful on me, because they are designed to make women look more curvy. I'm already hourglass shaped so they just make me look squat. But some people in the same situation leave reviews like "omg, this is soooo ugly, I hate this style! No one should ever wear it!!!"

On an unrelated note, I frequently read reviews and laugh at people's reasoning.

I hate reviews like that -- clothing reviews are almost pointless, unless they stick to things like sizing (compared to the store's usual sizing, i.e. "I alway wear a 4 and this runs very small in the arms," etc.), material quality, fit issues, etc. I think poor star ratings for reviews you mentioned ("UGLY COLOR WASHES ME OUT") are really unfortunate because they bring down an overall rating.

Highlighted

I don't like sweats and flip flops or leggings as pants ( like other people have mentioned). Otherwise, everyone has their own personal style and should be free to express it. I went to a public high school that had a private school dress code---kids got sent to the office for every.little.thing and they couldn't come back to class until they either went home, got new clothes and came back or called someone to bring them new clothing while they waited. ( And those kids missed a lot of class) I was a jeans and tshirt kinda gal so I didn't have any issues but my friends....who didn't wear anything revealing had a problem with the dress code ( no unnatural hair color, so if a teacher thought your colored red hair was too red you had to get rid of it....clothes couldn't be too tight or baggy in the slightest and again....everyone had their own view on what was too tight or baggy....).

How is she turning her left leg 180 degrees inward like that?!

And I thought that was just me...wondering the same thing!

I don't like UGGs. I hear they are super comfy. But I don't like the way they are manufactured and I hate seeing girls wear them in Summer with Winter crust (salt and such) on them. It makes me think their feet are all stinky.

Me, too!  But I'm picky about boots. I don't like open-toed winter-ish boots ... I mean, really?

And, also, the hiking boots with heels!

I don't really like UGGs either, but it's mostly because I find the way the sole is constructed to be really uncomfortable. There's no arch support at all.

I don't like Uggs, they look Clydesdale feet.  I also irrationally hate leggings as pants, ie leggings paired with a short shirt. 

I don't like leggings alone. Men don't need more a reason to start at women's butts. I also don't like being able to see the print on someone's underpants.

I do love them in the winter to wear under jeans, sleep in or when I have to dress up in the cold (with a mid-length skirt).

I like leggings under tunics or skirts, but they aren't flattering when paired with short shirts, they make crotches look funny.

And I concur, I don't need to see your panties through your panties.

Edit:

Pants, I meant pants.

LOL at panties through panties.

HAH -- that made me choke out loud at my desk! I know many people who wear them and they look great, but they really do kind of look like hooves to me Smiley Happy

Womp womp... I love wearing both leggings as pants and UGGs... :3 They're SUPER COMFY! And that's my priority with clothing. 

I *usually* don't like high-low skirts, and I personally hate them on myself, but there are a select few that I like (like the one in the picture you provided, with the sheer, lightweight fabric... that's cute). 

I hate ballet flats. I have really wide hips and strangely small feet, so I've always looked like a top when I wear them... and I never think they look that great on other people, either... or skinny jeans or leggings without boots where you can see where it ends... bleh. 

You don't like skinny jeans with sneakers?

I only like them on twig-like people. If you're average weight or above, I think it looks odd. 

I love leggings and uggs Smiley Happy I always wear compression shorts underneath, cause I'm always afraid people can see my underwear Smiley Tongue

I usually just don't wear underwear when I wear leggings... I thought that was normal... >_> oops.

Side note. If I see a girl wearing leggings as pants and I can see that she has stars on her underpants, do I say anything? I'm scared it will come off catty.

That's a hard one... I mean, I'd appreciate it, but I don't mind people being blunt with me. 

If you do say it, I'm sure it'll help the person, but at the same time it could make them super self-conscious unless they have the ability to go change right then and there. I guess taking their panties off entirely is an option... But I'd just make sure to say it in a nice way, like "Oh hey, whether it's intentional or not, I'm just letting you know."

Ohh yea....the white, super tight, you can practically see everything underneath, including your Barbie Hanes Panties!

I say....don't tell 'em. Let more people have a laugh at it.

I think as long as the style looks good on you or your body type, then go for it. However I hate seeing women wear leggings as pants. If you are wearing a shirt that covers your butt, then go for it. If not, wear some pants. 

as everyone else has said as long as it fits your body go for it

my problem with peplum is not the cut more so the material that people have been wearing lately , it either is unflattering or uncomfortable or far too sheer or the chest part is not where it should be , good tailoring counts for alot

as for the hi-lo I also dont have a problem with the garment more so where people wear it because its a "skirt" , i dont think its appropriate for church or work , especially since it tends to be somewhat sheer at least in sunlight and the hi part tends to be UP there.

I cant stand people wearing stuff that since the back or sides are out feel its unnecessary to wear a bra in public , its like no thats still needed im seeing FAR too much of your body unwillingly, lets go look at some strapless bras.Creeps me out when i see that when im working in preschool.

I also have nothing against heels , i love them they make me legs look magnificent but I feel like if you know what your job description entails and your choice of shoewear prohibits you from doing all that you were hired to do , dont wear them or at least dont wear some so high. I worked with a preschool teacher who treated me like i was cinderella and had me do most of the running around and not just during recess because she insisted on wearing 4-5 inch heels to work.

I love both Peplum & High-Low skirts/dresses! Peplum is great for a lot of ages because it looks more classy & sophisticated. The high-low skirt I need to be a bit careful with, some look overly teen-ish, but others look great on me. But I also feel like these styles should be fizzling out soon. I have peplum tops & dresses that are almost 2 years old & high-low dresses that are 3-4 years old. I'm all for trends, but when they stick around for more than 2 years I start to get sick of them.

Leggings are an interesting topic. I live in leggings during the winter, but I don't have many see through pairs. Those that are see through are only worn with long shirts/sweaters that cover my butt. Hue has a bunch of different styles that almost look like pants; they have belt loops, back pockets & fake zippers. Really comfortable, can wear with a shorter top, come in a variety of prints & colors, and you can dress them up. 

I want to see legwarmers come back. I have a few pairs that I wear with boots. It's also a great way to fill-out the calf area - I see a lot of women whose boots do not fit properly around their calves. I have skinny calves and buy DUO boots (they size by shoe AND calf area for extra skinny to extra large).

Conversation Stats
Photos39
  • yellow-j-crew-coat.jpg
  • mullet-skirts-24.jpg
  • leopard belt, white peplum top, orange pencil skirt.JPG
  • fb.jpg
  • afb.jpg
  • il_570xN.375543866_d1dl.jpg
  • headband.jpg
  • upload_8936823402355309409.jpg
  • upload_7015741048273321064.jpg
  • upload_1277149589897202553.jpg