Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

Just wondering.... And if you know, how old do you have to be to get a piercing without your parents permission? 18?

Re: Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

Hehe, well considering my hair is currently black, purple and red - i would say yes lol. And I have 10 tattoos (can't wait to get more lmao)

In Ontario, you need to be 16 (with parent's consent), 18 (without parent's consent)

Re: Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

My hair is purple right now, but it has been every color.  I have many piercings, including a microdermal anchor, and two tattoos.  For reference, i'm 30 years old. 

I believe in the US you need to be 18 without parental consent. If you are not 18, I strongly recommend you wait if you cannot get consent.   There are probably non-reputable salons  or people who will pierce you in their basement- Do NOT do this.  It is not worth the risk of infection, which can be life-threatening if untreated. 

Any place you go for a piercing or tattoo should have no issues with you asking questions about their cleanliness and procedure.  Everything should be above board, it should smell like a hospital, and they should be perfectly happy to talk safety with you.  If anything seems wrong or dirty, walk out the door.

I don't know how old you are, but remember, adolescence is short, and adulthood is awesome.   Anything body-mod related that is worth doing is gonna be on your body for a long time so it should be done right!  Do your research, be prepared to pay money, (cheap tattoos are bad tattoos) and don't forget to tip!

18 in the us without a parent. I buy color pop & sultra clip ins of all kinds of crazy colors. That way I can change it with my mood without damaging my hair. I have thought about getting a tattoo, but while I like them my grandmother does not. Out of respect for her I won't be getting one. I think tattoo's can be a beautiful form of expression. Just remember that it is a) FOREVER without surgical removal B.) surgical removal is supposed to be much more painful that getting the tattoo, and what you love at your age (I am assuming you are younger than 18 because you asked about parent permission) you might possibly not love in ten years. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I've never thought about completely dyeing my hair a different color, but I have thought about getting a few strands done. But I decided against it, just because I really like my natural hair color and will never be able to go back to it. I've also thought about getting a small tattoo on the back of my neck or my wrist, but decided against is well because a) I hate pain and b) I'm not sure I'll still want it when I'm 40 or 50 or older. I know I could always get it removed, but going back to a) I hate pain. 

As for piercings, I have a general idea (kinda?) when I got my ears pierced, my mom had to sign off on it, and I'm pretty sure that you had to be 18 or older to get a piercing without parental permission. But for me, the ears were enough. Excess piercing aren't really my style.

So yeah. I am a normal, boring person Smiley Happy

Hmm either 16 or 18. Probably 18. I know my mom was there when I got my belly button and my upper ear/helix pierced (just had to google what that was called... I don't remember calling it a helix though, but you know what I mean). I don't wear the upper ear earring anymore... but I do love my belly button ring still Smiley Happy. I am 24 by the way... so thats about 8 years... yikes!

I have never wanted a tattoo. Maybe in the back of my mind, but there has never been anything that has symbolized me enough. My husband has a tattoo on his back and they do fade and need to be touched up. He said if he could go back he wouldn't have gotten the tat. And be careful where you get them since they can stretch with your body (i.e. if pregnant). One of my good guy friends has a few now... and they are seriously just getting random and are not that appealing to me personally. I do however think sleeves can be pretty cool (but definitely not for me!!).

I considered maybe ombre-ing the bottom of my hair but with color. I do work a professional job now but its in the hospital so my hair is always covered in a scrub cap so no one would see. But I would recommend getting the hair coloring done when in school since some jobs do not look highly upon crazy hair.

Im 25 now but in my highschool days I dyed my hair many colors, got some piercings and got a tattoo.  I definitely needed parental permission for both the piercings and the tat.

When I dyed my hair i used Manic panic, which is a temporary dye that washes out after a couple months.  If you are looking to dye your hair, definitely start with that so you can play around and see what you like.  You can get it from Sally beauty supply for about $8 or so.  The fire engine red color they have looks awesome.

As far as the tattoo goes, I now regret getting it and plan to have laser tattoo removal.  I have a  consultation this week, and I will find out how much it will cost and how many treatments I will need before it is gone (or as close to gone as its gonna get).  I definitely don;t recommend getting a tattoo, especially before the age of 18.  I wish I had realized it at 16, but my tastes have constantly changed over time and what I liked at the time, I grew out of in only a couple of years.  Even at 25, I find my self not liking things i liked only a year or two ago (art, clothes, makeup, etc.).  same goes for tattoos, what you like now you probably wont like in a few years.  if theres something you really want a tattoo of, I would just get it on paper and hang it your wall for a while and see if you still like it as much in 6 months.

As far as the piercings, I got my belly button pierced at 15 and I actually took it out a couple years ago because I was sick of having it.  After a year and a half of having it out, the hole never really closed and the hole was very obvious and unattractive without jewelry.  So I shoved a ring back into it, just so it would look OK.  I also regretting getting the pirecing, because like the tattoo, it really is permanent and I will always have this obnoxious hole/scar if I dont want to wear the jewelry.  Now, if you are bound and determined to get a tat or piercing or SOMETHING (like i was at that age lol) go for a piercing like a belly button ring because over all its not that bad of a decision to live with.  Do NOT get your nipples pierced!  My ex had his pierced and when he finally decided to take them out ofter a few years they made his nipples a funny shape because of the scar tissue that formed from the holes healing... they looked very odd...lol.  And do NOT get a facial piercing!  You dont want a scar on your face for the rest of your life (and they do scar, and they are obvious), because believe me you will someday grow out of the piercing phase and won't want any evidence you ever had it, especially when getting into the real world and trying to find a professional job.

I know this makes me sound like Debbie Downer, but I learned these things the hard way and wish someone had given me this advice when I was thinking about these things.  Anyways, good luck!

I started dying my hair when I was 13 or 14, the only "extreme" color I've had is red. I've always wanted pink or silver hair though! I'm just not sure if it would look good on me! I have five tattoos, first one I got when I was 16. I think you have to be 18 without a parent for a piercing. Though my sister brought me to a shop to get my nose pierced when I was 14 but it has closed up since them. I am 22 now. 

My hair has been blue, green, hot pink, silver, and white... in addition to the "normal" colors of blonde, brown, red, and black. I thought about getting a tattoo when I was 16. My very strict dad was finally going to take me to get one, but I decided against. I got my navel done instead. I got a nose hoop shortly after I turned 18. At 27 I still have no tattoos and I'm glad that I don't (personal choice/opinion), but I still have my nose hoop and navel in. You have to be 18 to get a piercing without parental permission or be emancipated.

I'm 25 now, and haven't colored my hair in a few years (I'm an actor so I have to keep my appearance fairly consistent)- but when I was in high school I experimented a lot with red (I have dark brown hair)- the most wild I went was bright red streaks, although I did accidentally dye my hair purple once...then I had to strip it, which turned it orange...eek!

I second Desert Rose on Manic Panic, although if you have dark hair, you will need to bleach your hair first to make it show up really well, so it's a little more permanent than for lighter color hair.

I've considered getting a tattoo before- I even had my friend design one that was really meaningful to me, but I never actually went and got it, and now I don't really feel the urge to anymore.  

I'm not sure about the rules with piercing, but for tattoo it is definitely 18 and over.  I only went as far as a second hole in my ear for piercing.  I definitely had friends who pierced themselves, but I was too squeamish). I would leave the piercing to the pros though, too easy to get an infection, esp when piercing your brow, nose, face, belly button, etc.  Also, some of the ear piercings can be REALLY painful.

If you aren't sure about a piercing, tattoo, or other body mod, it's best to play around with temporary solutions.  Hair will always grow out, and I used to draw (or have friends draw) amazing "tattoos" with marker or pen.  There are fake piercings that are fairly convincing, and they can help you try out a look before you commit to it.

I naturally have medium brown hair, and I've had it highlighted pretty heavily light blonde and a reddish (though not bright red) color before. I wish I had dyed my hair all sorts of bright, exciting colors when I was younger! But now at 27 with a business degree and an office job, I don't think I could pull it off.

You do, at least in my state, need to be 18 to get a piercing or tattoo without your parents' consent. I got my belly button pierced when I was 15 (with my parents' consent), but I took the ring out 4 years ago...I got tired of it. I really wish the hole would completely go away, but it hasn't. Smiley Sad As mentioned below though, at least the belly button can be covered up if you don't want the piercing anymore. If I could do it over though, I wouldn't have gotten it in the first place. 

I had toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for about 5 years, but, thankfully, I didn't. I have seen beautiful ones, and I know many people remain happy with their tattoos forever, but I know I wouldn't have been happy more than a few years with anything I would have chosen no matter how meaningful it would have been at the time. 

I love the ideas that others gave you regarding how to experiment with all of these things in a non-permanent way until you are positive you want them.  

Here in Canada its 16 for a tattoo. Piercing are actually 14 (with parent letter) but 18 for full consent, But im telling you. When I was in high school, many of my friends got tattoos that they now regret, I know a lot of peoples that regret tattoos they got when they were young. I won't even start with the piercing errors that some of them made!

If you are thinking of getting a tattoo, here is a little trick for you, if you are "ready" for it, make an appointment, but the trick is that make it in 2 months, so that you will have an extra 2 month to think about it. Trust me, it WILL make the difference if you want it or not Smiley Happy

About the hair, If you have bleached hair and you are going with semi permanent then go for it! I've had red hair, blue hair, purple hair etc. Never BRIGHT colours, because I feel like those hardly make a look work. A dark color will look good, dark red, dark blue etc. At the moment I have ombre hair, (Brown and blonde) And the blonde part is dark blue, I get lots of compliments on it but if it would be bright bright blue. I don't think it would work :/ 

Semi permanent hair dyes are fun for sure, but the sad part is the bleached hair, after bleaching it, you won't have that natural brown hair again. Which I sometimes miss actually, also blonde hair = DAMAGE for a long time, Good luck! Smiley Happy

I actually had the bottom half of my head pink during highschool! I have one tattoo that i got when i wa. 19 and a couple of piercings on my ears. I always recommend going to one that actually wants parents permission. Those are the ones you can trust! Also make sure they have experience! That is very important! 

I keep threatening to dye the ends of my hair purple but then the urge passes when I see what some of my students have done to their heads, Lordy.  I do not have tattoos and I only have single ear piercings which are customary to give girls at birth in my culture (I rarely wear any jewelry though not even my wedding ring). 

I mostly express myself through haircuts. I grow it long until I can donate it and then hack it all off for a good cause Smiley Wink I am too mercurial to do anything too permanent to my body, I know I'll hate it after a while.

how funny, I just dyed my hair dark purple...and im planning on getting my septum pierced tomorrow!!

18 is the age where you can legally get a tattoo or a piercing with out parent permission. Once you turn 18, you are considered an "adult" capable of making your own choices.

In regards to getting a piercing vs a tattoo....I say go with a piercing 1st. Piercings are easy to take care of, and you can just take it out if you don't like it. Depending on how long you have it in your body, it may not even leave a scar or a hole.

Tattoos on the other hand...are expensive, more painful in my opinion...and depending if you opt for laser removal down the road..permanent. I currently only have 2 (1 on my left wrist, 1 on my right foot).The one I got on my foot took 3 hours, and it hurt like hell. My wrist was not as painful..but I do regret getting it, so there's that to think of too, the regret.

I currently have 13 piercings. 2 months after I turned 18, I got my first "abnormal" piercing. I got a tragus piercing. Yes, my parents flipped out, yes, they didn't like it...but its my body and I was of age (18).

Hope this helped, good luck!

You have to be 16 for piercings (at least for ears) and 18 for tattoos (I'd guess this goes for some body piercings also, I think you can guess which ones I am talking about). Just keep in mind tattoos are very expensive both to get and to alter/remove if you change your mind so make sure you want to live with it. I took me years to settle on my first tattoo which was a wedding present from a friend, I designed it myself. Also take some time to really consider gauging your ears if you are thinking about going past 10g, because after that they don't really go back. I accidentally gauged mine out farther than I intended because I first wore really heavy earrings all the time then purchased mislabeled earrings.

If you interested in body art I would get a henna kit, they are so much fun, and if you really like a design you can keep redoing it. I would start with premixed, cause mixing henna is kinda difficult. Smiley Very Happy

I had hot HOT pink hair for awhile, it was awesome, but the upkeep was too much hassle. I do love to do hair chalk though, color when I want, change it as much as I want, no morning after regrets.

I want purple hair sooooo badly. But I'm gonna wait until my hair gets longer.

Highlighted

Yes!!!!! These are the colors I want to use.....

. Manic Panic: Atomic Turquoise

Beyond The Zone Color Jamz Wild Red

Manic Panic: Violet NIght

But the only OUTRAGEOUS color I did was a tester of Atomic Turquoise

can be seen here..... 

Ya, I believe it's 18...

The Tattoos I want in my life, but still not sure about it is:

• A heart on my bikini line
  • Fullmetal Alchemist sign on my left ankle
  • behind that was going to be Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony (current ponies)
  • and a Warrior in Pink on my lower back for my mom who died of breast cancer

The piercing in my life that I want, but still thinking about that is:

• An extra earring hole next to my other earring hole (on both sides)
  • and a tongue piercing

But I'm too chicken enough to do the tattoo's and the extra piercings :/

The Warrior in Pink tattoo will continue to mean something to you throughout your life.  That's the kind of tattoo that you likely won't regret.  The rainbow pony though... you'll feel like a moron in 10 years or so.

why would she feel like a moron?

not everyone who gets tattoos needs it to have some ~super deep meaning~. and while some people do regret theirs, not everyone does.

You don't think a 30, 40, + year old woman will feel like a twit with a My Little Pony tattoo? Odds are high that she will.

And no, tattoos don't have to have meaning in order not to be regretted, but it's more likely. 

it'll be 20% cooler...  But I wouldn't encourage it unless Dashie carries a lot of meaning.  You go, Pegasister Smiley Happy

I have thought about it...But again I'm to chicken to go though with it. I'm still a tattoo virgin. She is just a sparky kind of gal. I like that Smiley Wink

I don't think that no, because not everyone feels the same about my little pony? would I feel like a twit with a mlp tattoo at 40? yes because I would feel like one at any age with that tattoo because I don't care about mlp. would someone who really loves mlp feel like a twit? who knows

my point was that it's weird/rude to tell someone you don't really know that they'll feel like a moron for getting something they like. who knows how long they've thought about it

side note- mlp actually has a big following in the nerd culture realm

Oh I love Fullmetal Alchemist Smiley Happy

9 Replies
Photos35
  • dark-purple-tum_large.jpg
  • ariel_by_xxhimsora13xx-d4y9vj7.jpg
  • aqua.jpg
  • atomic turqiose2.jpg
  • upload_4249016712652951818.jpg
  • upload_2356877059204818862.jpg
  • upload_6426458520467533845.jpg
  • upload_7734202766557368325.jpg
  • shrinkle.jpg