Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Dry skin

Anyone have any skin care favorites that cater to dry skin or flaky patches on skin?

Re: Dry skin

@spirled do you have a good, staple moisturizer that you like?  I know that a lot of people swear by the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration.

Thank you I’ll try it out

@spirled  What's your current skincare routine (brands + product names), even if your routine's as simple as cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen? 

Generally speaking, dry flaky patches may be a sign of a broken skin barrier. Depending on what you already use in your routine, you may need to stop using certain products for a while. Roll everything back to basics: gentle cleanser at night (optional for morning; over-washing skin can cause more dryness and irritation), an occlusive moisturizer, and daytime broad spectrum sunscreen. If your skin barrier's broken, a great way to heal it is to use a petrolatum-based balm as a moisturizer for a while. Petrolatum acts as your skin's protective barrier, reducing water loss while your skin heals. My personal favorite is Aquaphor Ointment, but if you're sensitive to lanolin you should avoid that one. Another good one is CeraVe Healing Ointment which contains ceramides to further promote a healthy skin barrier. 

Resist the urge to exfoliate flaky patches. Exfoliation can worsen an already damaged skin barrier. Instead, focus on getting your skin back into good shape for now. 

Hi, I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser in the morning and sometimes cerava sa cleanser when i’m feeling oily or dirty. I then sometimes use thayers rose water toner and go with the clinique dramatically different jelly and after use a cerava sa lotion for bumpy skin. I use the mario madeacu rose water spray after.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing