Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Don't you just hate cramps? :(

So.. Yeah I'm dying here. I thought I was going to have a peaceful sleep but Noooo,( I always get those horrible ones that last for hours )  the torture just had to be when I was going to sleep -- and more! -- tomorrow's Christmas! Smiley Mad ( mad at Mother Nature )  So, what do you guys normally do?

Re: Don't you just hate cramps? :(

I take midol and put a cool towel on my stomach so that I don't feel so hot (one of my symptoms when on my period). I feel disgusting and it's terrible to have your period before christmas (remember to wear red lol). I hope you feel better and that your cramps stop so you can actually enjoy your christmas!

Aw you poor thing. Cramps are the worst! I like alieve and I usually try to sleep it off if I can. If not, I try to keep busy to keep my mind off of the discomfort. Try watching a movie or something!

I feel your pain about being "sick" on Christmas. That was me for five years straight until this year.

I load up on Advil and caffeine, the only things that work for me. Since I was nine, my cramps have been so bad, my parents have taken me to the clinic a few times thinking something was very wrong with me. I have many memories of horrified male doctors. One doctor will always stick with me. He was so scared to touch me he had to switch with a female doctor. Haha!

So sorry you're going through the Red Sea. Smiley Sad When I first had my period my cramps were so bad, I was on the floor writhing in pain and begging for my family members to kill me.

Thank goodness it's not as bad now. My recommendation is to take Tylenol (extra-strength, if possible) and take deep breaths s-l-o-w-l-y just to loosen your tensed-up body. In fact, the deep breathing may put you to sleep!

Also, try not to focus on your cramps b/c you won't be able to sleep - I know, I know, easier said than done. Instead, focus on fluffy kitties, fluffy bunnies, fluffy clouds, fluffy anything just to get your mind off your cramps.

Hope you feel better and are chipper by the time Wednesday (Christmas!!) rolls around!

Take care.

The 'going through the Red Sea' is a new one to me, that's pretty funny. Smiley Tongue

Your advice is great. Smiley Happy

I had horrific cramps when I was younger and before I got an IUD (and FYI, birth control pills _did not_ make them better.) 

I'll second the suggestions you've got below: 

Midol, specifically the one with the diuretic to help with the water retention that causes that horrific pain in your hip joints that goes with the cramps
If you don't want to or can't Midol take some Tylenol, get some caffeine, and eat things that are natural diuretics (celery, eggplant, asparagus) as these are the main components of Midol. 
Heat pad or heated blanket wrapped around for back and abdomen. 
Lots and lots of water - I know it sounds counter intuitive when you're retaining water but it helps to be hydrated. 
Exercise - probably the last thing you feel like doing but a brisk walk or a short jog can help.
Make sure you're getting plenty of foods with iron and protein to help combat the fatigue and blood loss. 

Good luck and I hope your Christmas picks up and is a better one! 

Sorry you are going thru this. Trust me I know how you feel; i used to carry a dry wash cloth with me to bite on when the pain was unbearable. Caffeine helps your pain reliever of choice work faster and more effectively. If you do not not want an electric form of heat; they make these herbal packs in all sizes that are a combination of herbs and rice. You put them in the microwave or freezer, they are amazing!  Mine happens to be a a large cat that I can use around my neck and shoulders, or my tummy. You get the idea. These are great for migraines, cramps, just about any common ache. The herbs smell wonderful when it is heated. They stay warm/cold for approximately an hour. Highly recommend.

Ugh, so sorry girl. My doctor told me to take 9 Advil a day. 3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon, 3 before bed. It really helped. Have you tried a heating pad? I had to go to the school nurse once and she had this glorious heating pad. It felt so nice and made the cramps subside. 

I absolutely love the Thermacare Heat Wraps... They have ones specifically for cramps. They work EXTREMELY well and you can use them on the go, you don't have to be plugged into the wall.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Those things are AMAZZZZINNNNNG!!!!!

They sure are... Saved me on several occasions!

Agreed! I generally will get the lower back ones because they're a bit longer, to cover a bit more area.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Yes! They're my go to and when I'm out its like the end of the world. I'm from Canada and used to be able to find them, but they seem to not stock where I'm from anymore. my parents are from the states and whenever I'm down to visit I make sure to seriously restock!

Tylenol, Advil, or Excedrin Menstrual always work for me.  A hot bath with sea salts is glorious help as well.

When I get cramps I always get them in the form of lower back pain that comes and goes.  Does that happen to anyone else?

my lower back totally hurts right now! how weird, this hasn't happened to me before!

Get ready to hate on me. I do not get cramps, EVER! I have been on the shot and now the birth control implant and I am period- and cramps-free!

Wow, no I don't hate you xD one of my friends from elementary ( we still chat up sometimes ) doesnt get cramps either. 

I don't get cramps either (anymore) since being on depo. So I too am cramp and period free. Best decision I could've made for myself since I had awful cramps and pills made me sick.

Thank you girls!!!! I'll take your advice and hope to feel better Smiley Happy. Have an awesome Christmas :3 

Drinking hot chocolate or tea will help your period flow faster and they'll help Midol, Motrin, Tylenol, ibuprofen, caffeine or whatever you take for your cramps kick in faster and last longer. Also get a hot water bottle for your lower abdomen. It helps. Mine get really bad to the point that I can't even get out of bed and I get morning sickness and hot flashes. I take 2 Tylenol and 2 ibuprofen together with food and tea and it kills the pain for 9 hours.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_1457204706598704184.jpg