Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Does a scent deter you from using it?

Just something I'm noticing lately from reading post. But does a scent really make you not use a product. I understand if the fragrance irritates you, but just in general if you don't like the scent of something, do you not use it?

I personally have only come across one product that was too over whelming that made me not want to really use it but I just got over. It was the Ole Henrikson truth cream advance hydratIon. Smelled way too much of oranges and I really didn't like it. But I still use it. What's everyone's opinion?

Re: Does a scent deter you from using it?

Yes. I'm not very sensitive to fragrances, though I do have a L'oreal lipstick and a Lancome lipstick that have the same sickening perfumey scent I can't stand. Even though I like the shade the scent annoys me.

I was just about to comment on that Ole Henrikson cream too, while reading thread! I completely agree with you, it smelled kind of rotten to me and I just couldn't get past the scent to use it. Luckily, my friend liked it enough to take it off my hands.

Most of the time, the scent of a product won't keep me from using it, unless it smells a bit off or expired. 

Yes! It totally doesSmiley Sad Especially shampoos and conditioners. The product can be amazing and work well, but if I cant stand the smell I refuse to use it. The same thing goes for self tanners and body lotions.

<3 Melissa

Agreed on the shampoos and conditioners - then my hair will smell funny for a day or two /:

Totally! And then you have to use a clarifying shampoo to get the smell out.

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats