Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Do you keep your product boxes?

Does anyone else keep some of their product boxes? 

I know sometimes if I'm a bit iffy on the product or it comes in a set I'll keep the box just incase I feel the need to return it.

That and if the box is really pretty I want to decorate my vanity with it when I get my own room. 

Re: Do you keep your product boxes?

Yes, when I really love the product. If it doesn't work out, I recycle it.

I started tossing them after 30 days, I figured I should know if I need to return or not by then.  I was keeping lots of them since the packaging is so pretty, but once they invaded my hubby's vanity I had to cut backSmiley Sad  I always keep the tin ones, they're usually great for storage.

I do. Sometimes I feel a tinge of regret when throwing away sturdy boxes, but some of them are too pretty to toss (Hello Kitty, Tokidoki, Disney+Sephora boxes, how can you toss them?)

I keep the box until I am sure that I like the product and won't be returning it. After that, it goes straight into my trash can, because I like for my morning  makeup routine to take as little time as possible and constantly opening the boxes and then putting the product back in is just a waste of time.

Although I do keep all of my perfumes in their boxes (to protect the bottles from direct sunlight).

I'm the exact same way, however once I see that I'm not going to return it I do throw them out but some of the boxes can be recycled which is what I do.

I recycle what I can, and I wish more brands would do recyclable packaging.

Me too.

I always keep it until I know that I like, but to date I have only ever returned one product, lol

I don't. When I get a new product, I'm so excited that I rip the box off and find a new place for it. I really should start keeping them though! I just turn into a little kid at Christmas when my Sephora box arrives lol Smiley Happy

I keep them until I know I like something - i just have a big shopping bag they go into in the closet, in case I need to return.

Other than that, sometimes I keep a really nice gift box to keep misc items in.

The only way I keep them is if I'm afraid I may need to return it.  I recently purchased the Dr. Brandt Glow set & I've been holding onto the box just to make sure I didn't have any issues with the retinol.

I keep the item in its box, until it's needed. If I'm not sure, the box stays put, for returning purposes. Currently, I do have some boxes for products I use, sometimes the information is needed Smiley Wink  For example, months ago when I got a Korres set, the big box it came in went straight into recycling..but the Sephora sunkit's bag I saved and am using to store samples in, since it's see-though..while it's plastic holder for products went bye bye.

I keep the box unless I know for sure I like the product and won't return it. In the past I wouldn't and by the time I realized I didn't like the product, I was stuck with it due to no box.

same here!!

I used to keep every single box but now I keep them for a length of time and then clear them out after I am sure I like and plan to keep the product. For some reason I save all my MAC boxes though?? Not really sure why though. I like to keep the boxes also because I sometimes sell things online and like to send it in the box if possible.

If I buy something that I'm not sure I like yet, I keep the packaging until I know whether or not I want to keep the product. Occasionally I'll end up with something that comes in a collectible tin or container, and I keep those for storing small things like jewelry.

Highlighted

It depends. There are some products I prefer to store away from light so I will return them to their box. I return my foundation to it's box. I will also store something in it's box if it's in a round container  that I may need to stack such as round containers & compacts of powder or concealer or color corrector compacts. If it's some thing I've never used before I will keep the box until I'm sure I like the product & don't need to return. I will also keep the large boxes from a set to store items in. I do have one Anastasia palette that I keep in the box as the color names are nowhere on the palette itself.  Otherwise, I recycle the paperboard from the majority of beauty items.

If it's a repeat of a product I already have, I toss the box because I know I love it! After the first use of a product, I toss the box, because I belive it's wrong to return used products (UNLESS there's an allergic reaction or the product was malfunctional.) 

I keep all of my packaging, 30 days in my home and then I move it to my storage unit-which is huge :-)

I still have the box from my Playstation ONE. lol

Absolutely. I keep it until I'm sure I like it or longer. Every once in a while i go through the Box Pile and toss the ones I know I like. I have a big pile of product boxes on the table where I do my make-up. (I should probably move them. They take up too much room.)

Yikes am I the only one who doesn't? I am obsessed with my makeup organization and like things to have their place. I find most packages are too bulky and I just love opening up new makeup and putting it in their new home.

With that said, I have kept certain packaging. I currently have the box my Sephora Favorites Lash Stash came in, because it's pink and I think it would be great to use as storage. I also have a box of a new foundation set I bought, because I wanted to make sure it worked and that I didn't need to return it. Other than that, I love the way packaging looks, but I just can't hang on to them for long without feeling like my makeup organization is cluttered

Nope!  I throw the boxes out as soon as I am done unwrapping the item Smiley Happy

I always take the products out of the boxes and use them as normal, but I've been keeping boxes in a drawer next to my makeup collection lately, and I really don't know why. They're just pretty to look at, and make me happy!

I don't keep them.  I don't keep boxes for anything. As soon as I open something the box goes into the recycle bin. I'm a pretty avid declutter and just do not want boxes hanging around. I have never needed the boxes - stores will take returns w/o the box. I have a few days before the trash goes down is some box emergency arises and I have to have it (which has never happened).

Conversation Stats