Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Do you buy direct from companies websites?

I was wondering if anyone else here does this?

Tarte is constantly having 30% off and Stila has it's warehouse sales. Many offer free gifts on your birthday month, F&F, point rewards and free samples.

I was surprised when Sephora added The Body Shop (even though it was brief) because they are always having 50% or BOGO online and in stores. I saw women picking up Body Shop products at Sephora stores and wanted to shake them and tell them to go across the street!

Are there are any other product lines that have great deals on their websites?

Re: Do you buy direct from companies websites?

But Clinique's Bonus Time > one 100 point perk! Especially when you only have to spend $35 (in Sephora terms: 35 points, 1/3 of one deluxe sample) to get what is the equivalent of a 500 point perk.

I'm right there with you!  Definitely thinking about the points accumulation if I know Sephora has (or will be getting) the product.

I never buy anything online that doesn't have free shipping. I always do a Google search for "(insert brand) free shipping code" or "(insert brand) discount code".

I definitely buy from brands; I will sometimes decide to get something extra when the extra comes close to the price of shipping.  Tarte's recent sale was 30% off, even on sale items. It gave me a chance to try some things that I wanted to try at a great price -- and the 3 brushes I got (one with each of my 3 things) might well have cost the same price alone elsewhere.  And they added a deluxe sample.

Lorac is great to order from because they have free shipping, at least this year.  So you can get a $6 sale shadow and pay no shipping if that's all you need.

Clinique or Lancome or Estee Lauder I try to wait until GWP somewhere, whether it's directly from the brand or from a store counter. If I'm going to replace something I need it's great to try new things for free and the travel sizes are wonderful to have around.

Highlighted

Love the Lancome GWPs. Sometimes I think it's too much stuff! I end up giving half of it away.

I buy directly from product lines and from department stores too. I primarily order from Bliss, Lancome, Armani, and Kerastase brands and from Saks Fifth Avenue and SpaceNK stores when they have their massive beauty / GWP events. "thewanderlust" mentioned one of my favorite beauty promo sites Definitely check it out!

I *try* to buy direct whenever I can.  If the item is the same price at the brand's website as a retailer, I always figure that more money goes to the brand if I cut out the middle man.  

That said, I usually end up going with Sephora anyway because of a good promo.  Hopefully the companies will forgive me.

I buy from MAC, can't beat the fast, free shipping.

Pssst. Bare Minerals Degrees of Dazzling is $49 on their site atm. $79 here.

@butterblume - shhhhhhh. You don't want anyone from Sephora to hear you! Smiley Very Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpg