Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Discussion for Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Isheguro/ BIC Book Club

Wow, just wow! I'll let someone else start the discussion, but let me say I was blown away by the book!

Re: Discussion for Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Isheguro/ BIC Book Club

@prettyinpa - I finally started reading this book, but my loan expired before I finished.  I got through 3/4 of the story.  If the best part of the book is the last quarter, please let me know; otherwise, I'm stopping here.  This book was so uninteresting.  After ch. 7ish, I Googled the story to read the plot.  It certainly sounded interesting, too bad that's not how the book was reading.  

@Titian06  I wouldn't say that the last quarter was the best part, but it is certainly the part that made me cry. I just got so broken up with the fact that they were clones that were going to be killed for their organs and that the school was an experiment to see if clones could really express emotions. I dunno, maybe because I eat vegan and don't like to contemplate the thought of beings raised only to be killed, maybe it hit me harder than most. But if you thought the book was uninteresting, it's fine by me that you stop. I think the story certainly dragged a bit and the writing could have been tightened up so the story moved right along, so in that way it was a less satisfying book.

On to Hillary Clinton! Actually the hubby is reading it now so I'll have to snag it back from him.

@prettyinpa - I don't think it's just you, but then I'm a vegetarian.  It made me angry when I found out they were experimental clones "bred" for their organs and then would die at the end of their "useful" lives.  Then the school closes and the clones (students and adults) are left in the lurch!  Wow!

I have Hillary''s book with almost 2 weeks left on the loan.

I'm now No. 16 on the wait list for The Hate U Give.  Maybe I'll get that one in time for my Christmas vacation!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing