Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Discussion for A Book Thief by Marcus Zusak/BIC Book Club

Hi all-  Here's a thread especially for the Book Club to make it easier to find and reply-

How did you like A Book Thief?

Re: Discussion for A Book Thief by Marcus Zusak/BIC Book Club

@prettyinpa I like this book. It is very well written. The characters are very nicely developed and I love how Liseil’s character evolves. Hans, Rosa, Max, Mayor’s wife, Rudy all of them are so natural and human, if you know what I mean.

In the beginning I thought it was an easy read but honestly as the events started to take more tragic turns, I had difficulty reading it. Mostly because maybe I’m currently not in a state of mind where I want to read about such brutal things but that is also a quality of well written book, you feel for the characters. I recommended it to my teen daughter. She and her friend just started reading it too. I’m very curious to see what their young minds think of it.

Oh and the illustrations in Max’s books are just incredible .

Re: Discussion for A Book Thief by Marcus Zusak/BIC Book Club

@fatimamummy  I loved the book, too. It was just so powerful, I cried in several places, especially when the soldiers caught Max and paraded him through the street. It's eerie how today's political climate resembles the N@zi culture in "if you're not all in, you are against us." Liesel was just so amazing, to be a foster child and to have grown so strong was just so neat to see.

My husband grabbed it up and started reading the moment I finished, he's loving the book too. I'm grateful to whoever nominated it for our group.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing