Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty

Dirty little liar

I love Bum Bum cream. Who doesn’t, right? So when my beloved tub of my trusty go to cream ran out my mom offered to treat me to another. Wonderful. My mom does loads of shopping on Amazon, so that’s where she ordered it from. $20 bucks cheaper to boot. Problem is that o think it’s a fake! Consistency is slightly off, smells good and exactly like what I expected but doesn’t make my skin feel smooth like usual. Seems like I have to reapply frequently. I’m just so confused, the packaging is on point. Has this happened to anyone else? I contacted Sol D Janeiro but they weren’t sure and did they would “look into it” but I never got a response afterwards. Help!

Re: Dirty little liar

There are a lot of fakes on amazon. I read a Buzzfeed article about how knockoffs were found to be associating to legitimate sellers and dropping the price significantly. They would collect the money and send out horrible knockoffs.  They also tested cosmetic knock offs and found fecal matter in them. 

RE: Re: Dirty little liar

Oh geez, glad I stopped using it

Re: Dirty little liar

Hi @ThatNurseAsia This is for everyone - Amazon is a 3rd party seller. Anyone can sell anything. Yes, a few beauty brands now have offical shops on Amazon to fight counterfeit and diversion but it's not a common practice. It is becoming more and more common for sellers who have way too much time on their hands to duplicate product packaging and fill a bottle with a different product. In my world (hair) tracking numbers are a common feature now. We are able to track which distributor the product originated from if its authentic and so on. 

If a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. 

RE: Re: Dirty little liar

Thanks for the reply, I stopped using because I thought something was up with the product. Amazon should really verify their sellers better. Ugh
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing