Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

DRIVING ME CRAZY

Hey girls,

Okay  I just have to get this out it has been bothering me forever and now I just have to say it, I also want to say that I'm not being mean and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and maybe I'm alone in this I don't know, but when someone post a question for foundation ,skincare etc and they ask for new suggestions but doesn't tell you what they are currently using what they have used  or skin type. And then if they do list what they are using they  give a brand name only and  there might 10 primers in that particular brand or 6 foundations in the brand that they mention but don't give that specific ones in those groups. Please if your going to ask for help give us that vital information to help you.

WHEW! Ok feel better now jus had to get that out.

Re: DRIVING ME CRAZY

I suspect it's probably just people who aren't thinking and/or don't have much experience using the forum -- or are just very young. It seems obvious to state what else you're using or what you have tried, but some might not have considered that this information would be useful.

Highlighted

@katie1724- Right and that's what I said in my post to let them know to post those things so we can help them better.

lol, I know what you mean. I understand that people may be really new to this sort of thing, but it always feels very repetitive. What annoys me is all the people who ask all the same questions. Sometimes I wish people would search to see if anyone has asked something similar already, because there are some questions that are asked all the time.

"What concealer should I use?"

And that's, like, IT.

WE DON'T KNOW.

But I do remember being young and on a forum :\

I actually found this really helpful, thank you for posting. I am (embarasingly) an offender for not listing the products I have used. And it's something that's completely common sense, so I'm definitely apologetic for that. I'm also the type of person who tends to write long post, and always cut stuff out to make it shorter. I guess I cut too much of the actually vital info.

I do always conduct several searches before asking a question, but I find the search tool for these boards to not be the greatest. If I sort by relevance, I will find some great advice, but the posts can be quite old, and I am curious to find out if any better products have been released since. However if I sort by date, I tend to get posts that have nothing to do with my search (but have that word somewhere in it), and just get the latest posts across all the boards. So I do most of my searching outside of here, but can never seem to find questions/answers that have all the things I'm looking for. But I can put more effort and time into my searches.

But I really just wanted to say i appreciate the heads up & will definitely try my best not to repeat these (annoying) mistakes.

@Sweetfly- It's definitely a two sided subject.

@Olivyah- There's no one on here that's judging you and you don't need to apologize this is just to point out how frustrating it can be not only on the side of a newcomer but also on the side of the person who is trying to help. And Thanks I appreciate your input!

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • Sorry.JPG