Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Collections Other than Beauty?

I know many of us love to collect the perfume minis. I got the Prada Candy one, and it reminded me of my perfume bottle collection. I started with antique ones, and then branched off into minis, designers, anything special and pretty, until I have over 200. I don't display them currently due to space issues and, just , life...but that little bottle made me happy and also wonder what else do you all collect, besides your beauty hauls?

Re: Collections Other than Beauty?

vintage cookbooks- like 40s 50s & 60s. I don't know who thought bananas, ham, and hollandaise was a good mix but there are some gems in them and I like looking at the pictures. I also collect vintage costume jewelry and dishes. I'm always on the hunt for interesting dishes and pyrex for my photography

OOOOOH are you a food photographer or do you just like photographing your dishes? Smiley Happy

I'm a food photographer! Smiley Very Happy

AAAAAAH fellow foodie! That's amazing! I have a DSL Canon Rebel T3 but I'm still learning. 

awesome!! the best way to learn is to just keep trying different things and shooting often. I hope you're having fun with it!

i love the vintage pictures in old cookbooks! some of them are painfully "politically incorrect" like in the Chinese food section, but they are so cool!

Oh I collect tea cup and saucer sets! Funny how I thought of my swords and beanie babies first! Aaaaaaand none of those things actually make any sense together! Lol! 

Oh I collect old tea cups and saucers! Funny how I thought of the swords and beanie babies first. image.jpg

Another cookbook fiend here!  I especially like old ones - from the 1800's up to the 1940's or so.  If you haven't read Charleston Receipts yet I highly suggest you do!

I also have an minor obsession with aprons and coffee mugs.

Books and stationery. I cannot be trusted with a credit card around anything made of paper.

I love stationery too!  I look back at my various boxes and pads that I've collected over the years and it's so interesting to see my childhood tastes evolve. (Cartoon-themed, Disney to ballet slippers, florals, and now I actually have some grown-up quality writing paper like crane &co and some pre-printed with my monogram etc.) I  also still have all my sticker albums too. 

I have tons of books and stationery too.....and I can't say no to a nicely designed pen. -_-;;

perfume!...I love them and still collect them...so much that people are irritated about that I don't have space, but I still get more 

i know...I miss mine. I want to get a big curio cabinet someday to display them all... the bottles are so pretty! I love the ones I have from the 20's.

what?! that's amazing! where'd did they go since you miss them?

Handbags and shoes.  Mostly Hermes, Louis Vuitton, and Chanel.  I also collect fragrances.  My husband would argue that there is nothing that I do not collect  Smiley Wink

Yes to handbags and shoes too.  I guess I never looked at my my stash as a "collection" so to speak as I functionally make use of them. So I suppose I view them as part of my wardrobe. I do have a minor weakness for anything Louboutin. But you're right, it can be considered a collection Smiley Happy

I collect earrings and rings, i just love them started collecting shoes and bags too

I feel like I'm the only one here who's all lame collecting stamps and postcards. LOL To make myself "cooler," I'll just say that I have Disney stamps in my collection. Smiley Very Happy

That, and I'm juuuuuust starting to collect Ferragamo Varina flats - currently have 4 pairs! Smiley Happy

Don't feel lame some stamp collectors have come across some real gems and if they are rare, they can be worth a lot of money!! Probably a better payday than a poor sucker like myself!! Get your collection assessed, you never know!! Oh and regarding the postcards, I sometime sendmyself a postcard from wherever I'm at back home and then I'll keep them in with the pictures from that trip.  So, yeah.. me tooSmiley Happy

Hahaha, thanks for the consolation Smiley Very Happy I should get them assessed someday. Especially the Disney ones, I got them when I was 8 and have no idea how much they are worth.

The postcard thing is a great idea! I'm going to start sending postcards to myself too when traveling. Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • upload_8891704891545989484.jpg
  • upload_1434747787674891229.jpg
  • image.jpg