Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Cheap thrills!

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! Smiley Wink 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

Re: Cheap thrills!

Ohhh I love those lippies. And that WNW palette. I just can't pull of bold colors like that :/

Nix the only difference between the girl who pulls it off and the one who doesn't is CONFIDENCE! You're beautiful and can pull of anything you want! Xoxo

Agree with Bombshell about this, Nikki! <3

The lippies are so pigmented and soft on the lips! Pretty darn long lasting too!

Three words: Maybelline. Ultra. Liner.

Best waterproof liquid liner I've ever used! Doesn't smudge. Doesn't budge. Mid-range and high-end liquid liners can't hold a candle to this bad boy. I wore this on a 16 hour road trip and it looked FLAWLESS. Swam in the ocean with it and it looked FABULOUS. I wear this eyeliner when I work out... and I work out HARD! Still looks PERFECT.

Maybe she's born with it? No... it's DEFINITELY Maybelline!

Killah you just saved me like 13$!!!! I've been wanting to play with liquid liner and had some MUFE ones in my basket! You're the best babe! Xoxo

Thanks, Bombshell! Heart I seriously wont use anything else and I always have at least three on hand. haha. Best $6 I could ever spend! Smiley Happy

Done and done! It will be in my very next haul!! Smiley Happy *sooooo happy*

Tell us how you like it! Babe is Cat Eye Queen, after all Smiley Very Happy

I definitely agree! This is my holy grail eyeliner! I won't use anything but this! Smiley Happy

Why didn't I see this BEFORE I placed my Ulta order? Ahhhh! Hitting up Walgreens now! Thanks for the rec!

No problem, Anb! It's what I use every day for my winged liner and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Smiley Happy

BT-dubs--- I bought this in black and brown yesterday! Can't wait to try it out!!

A couple of times I've been struck by beautiful metallic eyeshadow on a girl. when i ask them what they're wearing, they tell me the Maybelline color tattoo eyeshadows!

Awesome! I love metallics!

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows. They are nice and waterproof, too. Pomegranate Punk and Tough as Taupe are my favorites 

Pomegranate Punk has been on my list for a while! Such a pretty shade.

Aw, so sweet. I just can't do it for work, but I should play with them more on the weekends.

Right On!! 

Milani really honestly has some great stuff that is affordable. Everything that Poshy recommended from Maybelline and L'Oreal, I cannot find.

Since Wet n' Wild named a tri-color palette after me, how can I not be loyal. Seriously, I do have a lip liner of their's and I love it with one shade of lipstick and of course thanks to Katy I have the palette! The Village of Evil does not stock it.  Don't forget, I am an e.l.f. devote above all else.

There are people out there that have not heard of the stuff we buy let alone use and they are perfectly lovely. It begs the question, after a great foundation and meteorites, do we need a $30 single shadow? Yes and no. Yes b/c we can, but it is not life or death.  I say no to the $50 lipsticks for sure b/c the ones I get the most compliments on are the ones I mix myself.

Right on brat! I also love ELF! They make fun colors you can't get anywhere else and certainly not for the price!

The best mattifying primer I have ever tried is the Neutrogena one (gray tube). Works much better than, say, the Korres mattifying primer. 

I also really like the new Baby Skin primer from Maybelline. It's (almost) as good as Smashbox.

The Milani Baked Blushes are really nice. 

I also love the Maybelline Color Tattoos. I have ten of them, hahahahaha.

I really like the new-ish Cover Girl Ink It liners. Super easy to use and last really well.

We'd love to see swatches of your favorites if you have them! Smiley Wink

Ooh yes, swatches if you can please!

311 Replies