Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Challenge of the Week

Some of us have been having a lot of fun "shopping our stash" lately in an attempt to curb our spendings, but we're starting to get the itch to buy new things again.

It'd be fun to take part in a weekly challenge where we all try one type of makeup item/look/trend per week.  For example, despite admiring many who do so, I've never successfully rocked the perfect red lips.  If red lips is on the agenda, we all try out the red lips at some point during the week.  I tend not to be very adventurous with my makeup despite my many purchases, and I think it might help people like me to break out from the ordinary routine.  Also, it's just plain fun to play with makeup.  Smiley Very Happy  (And an excuse for those without the items to buy and test new things. Smiley Wink)

SCHEDULE:

• Red lips (week of Feb 14) COMPLETED
  • False lashes (week of Feb 21) COMPLETED
  • Colourful eyeliner - something that's not black or brown (week of Feb 28) COMPLETED
  • Bright pink blush (week of Mar 7) COMPLETED
  • The perfect nude lips (week of Mar 14) COMPLETED
  • Blue eyeshadow (week of Mar 21) COMPLETED
  • No makeup makeup look (week of Mar 28) COMPLETED
  • Something coral (week of April 4) COMPLETED
  • Purple eyeshadow (week of April 11) COMPLETED
  • Red nails (week of April 18) COMPLETED
  • Pastels (week of April 25) COMPLETED
  • "Golden sand" eye shadow (week of May 2) 
  • Glitter/shimmer (week of May 9)
  • Creative nails - e.g. moon manicure, nail art, nail stickers... go nuts! (week of May 16)
  • Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23)
  • Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30)
  • Monochromatic look (week of June 6) <<<<<< CURRENT

And so on.  What do you think?

Tags (2)

Re: Challenge of the Week

@lashreece, Sorry to hear about your skin. I feel your pain, that was me a couple weeks ago. I hope your skin gets better soon!

@lashreece: Hope you feel better soon!
@sarithor: Yes, that's true about the militarty thing helping you guys to communicate better and such. I think I would go bonkers if I had to be away from my husband for 6 weeks! But we're still newlyweds. It'll be three years this fall. Smiley Happy

HI, SARITHOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you around here! I'm glad to hear you'll be helping out your sis AND be closer to Sephoras. You and your hubby sound so sweet. Smiley Happy Good luck with everything!

Hey lashreece, I don't mean to laugh at your pain but "bad hormone week" did make me giggle. Smiley Very Happy I hope you have a better week.

Well, it's coral week. Put it on your lips, cheeks, nails... wherever you fancy!

PFW-F11-Nina-Ricci-3.jpg

020708_narciso_400x400.jpg

052610-Jones-400.jpg

@sarithor:  Glad you're back!  Like mermadelove, I was wondering where you were! Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@lashreece:  Hope you're feeling better!  I think the hormones flew my way because today my skin is looking poorly and I've been in the funkiest mood...the joys of being a woman! Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I finally did the NMML on Saturday.  It was so hard for me...It took me almost twice as long to do my makeup as it normally does!  Hubby and I had an appointment to get our taxes done and we were late because of my NMML--ha, ha.  This week's coral challenge is going to be hard for me, too, because I look bad in corals.  I look all washed out and dead.  The best I'll be able to do is coral nail polish and I don't even know if I own any so I'll be shopping my stash to see what I've got.  If I find a coral polish, I'll try to take a pic but I broke a nail and had to cut my nails way back so they aren't looking their best either--ha, ha!  I wish this was still blue eyeshadow week!  Smiley Happy

All I have in coral is blush, so blush it will be. plus we got more snow today, and I always associate coral with summertime. Maybe it'll be just the boost I need!

Hahahaha....I have absolutely NOTHING coral!  And coral is NOT a color that looks good on me ever...that goes better with my sister's skin tone moreso than mine.  She looks better in warmer colors, I look better in cooler jewel tone colors.  Seriously.  I guess I'll go take stock of my makeup collection and see what I might be able to dig up in there.  If not, I can always hit Sephora this week with my 10% off coupon! Smiley Very Happy  (Like I *need* a reason to go there, honestly.  But, the hubby just got paid extra this month!)

I have a coral blush and thats about it. I have a lip gloss that says its coral, but its just disappears on my lips so you wouldn't be able to see it. This will be a hard challenge, but I shall do it.

@mermadelove, early congrats on your 3 year marriage. We just celebrated ours on New Years Eve, but I still consider ourselves newly weds cause our 18 months of marriage I only saw him about 8 months out of the 18, so we are playing catch up lol. I don't know how long you're considered newly weds, I've always heard its 3 years, but everyone has a different number, but whatever it is, I'm adding 10 months to it haha.

@mermadelove & sarithor:  You all sound so sweet talking about being happy newlyweds!  I guess you'd call me and my hubby happy oldie-weds cause we've been married 25-1/2 years.  (We got married when I was a baby--ha, ha! Smiley Very Happy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I looked through my stash and had no coral nail polish for this week's challenge.  I made a quick stop in Ulta on my way to a doctor appointment so I literally had 5 minutes to shop for coral polish.  I found two coral polishes that I'm going to wear together as a moonicure.  I've not been in the greatest of moods today, so I don't know when I'll get around to painting my nails, but I'll try to post a pic when I do. Smiley Happy

@sarithor: My husband and I say we will be newlyweds for 10 years! LOL

@tenngal: oldyweds! OMG!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

My coral look:

Just Coral blush from Tarte's 12 hr Amazonian Clay collection and a Buxom gloss in Poppy:

coral.JPG

@officegal. Sorry its taken me forever to respond. Ive tried to, but my internet connection has been tempermental. 

I'm using OPI's A good mandrin is hard to find. Im not sure if it has enough pink in it to be a true coral, but its close. 

My boss downgraded me to part time for the summer last year, Ive been full time again for the fall and winter and Im scared he's going to take my hours away again soon. I live in Florida which is busy half the year with tourists and seasonal residents and a ghost town in the heat of the summer. So Im not letting myself buy too much right now. But I did go in to Ulta today to play with some coral makeup. I have Benefit's Coralista blush on  and an awesome coral lipstick from Liz Arden. I want the lipstick so bad.

Photo 35.jpg

@lashreece, you have my sympathy. I have huge hormonal issues at times, and I know all too well what that's like. I never used to get PMS when I was younger, and so I wasn't too sympathetic when women complained about it. I sort of thought it was just an excuse women use, and it's not really a big deal at all. Well, that changed. Once I hit my mid-to late twenties my hormones suddenly went crazy and ever since I get bad PMS. I now know that it is an actual condition that you can't control and not just something men joke about! It's crazy. People that I'm close to know before I do when it's "that time" just because I get so irritable and everything upsets me.

@officegal, re: the Hourglass TM- I also have tried Laura Mercier and like it, but there's definitely something about the Hourglass! I got a sample of it once and absolutely was crazy for it. I wanted to buy the full size, but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much for it. Then last summer they had it as part of a set- the full-size TM and a 1-oz Mineral Veil for the price of just the TM. I couldn't pass that up! Sadly, they don't have the set anymore. I love both products. The TM is good coverage and works well with my oily skin. I'm not quite sure if it's worth the price if it's bought by itself though. The Laura Mercier is also very good and $13 cheaper, although the Hourglass does have better ingredients, if that matters to you Smiley Happy

I have to get busy with this week's challenge. I'm thinking I have a coral nail polish or two- I'll have to check tonight. I do have the Coralista also, but somehow it doesn't look very coral on me.

daisy346 wrote:

@officegal, re: the Hourglass TM- I also have tried Laura Mercier and like it, but there's definitely something about the Hourglass! I got a sample of it once and absolutely was crazy for it. I wanted to buy the full size, but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much for it. Then last summer they had it as part of a set- the full-size TM and a 1-oz Mineral Veil for the price of just the TM. I couldn't pass that up! Sadly, they don't have the set anymore. I love both products. The TM is good coverage and works well with my oily skin. I'm not quite sure if it's worth the price if it's bought by itself though. The Laura Mercier is also very good and $13 cheaper, although the Hourglass does have better ingredients, if that matters to you Smiley Happy

I have to get busy with this week's challenge. I'm thinking I have a coral nail polish or two- I'll have to check tonight. I do have the Coralista also, but somehow it doesn't look very coral on me.

If I could afford it, I'd buy all Hourglass. I like that they don't carry a tonne of things but what they do have are such great quality! Thanks for the info on the TM! Smiley Happy I happen to think the primer is worth every penny and will repurchase.

And I agree with you re: Coralista! I tend to apply blush with a heavy hand and I have to put on about 3 layers of Coralista before it starts to look anywhere near coral. Do you notice the shimmer when you apply? It's not discernable in the box but actually shows up a lot more than I expected on the cheeks. It's a nice blush, but not exactly the kind of coral I wanted.

kristamarielund wrote:

@officegal. Sorry its taken me forever to respond. Ive tried to, but my internet connection has been tempermental. 

I'm using OPI's A good mandrin is hard to find. Im not sure if it has enough pink in it to be a true coral, but its close. 

My boss downgraded me to part time for the summer last year, Ive been full time again for the fall and winter and Im scared he's going to take my hours away again soon. I live in Florida which is busy half the year with tourists and seasonal residents and a ghost town in the heat of the summer. So Im not letting myself buy too much right now. But I did go in to Ulta today to play with some coral makeup. I have Benefit's Coralista blush on  and an awesome coral lipstick from Liz Arden. I want the lipstick so bad.

Photo 35.jpg

Oh my goodness, you look awesome! And gah! I debated whether to get that polish when the collection came out and put it down twice. Now I wish I had it. OPI for Sephora's Caliente Coral looks similar but yours seem more vibrant somehow.

@mermedalove - Happy 3 years!  My hubby and I have been together for 6 years and married for 16 months!!!!  We are definitely still honeymooning!!!! 

@Sarithor - You are a very good sister!!!  I don't know if I could be away from my husband that long.   The past 2 years I've been traveling every few weeks for work for 4 days at a time and I am miserable.  You are a better woman than I

@Officegal - WOW 25+ years.  Something to be very proud of.   I want to grow up and be just like you.  ( I mean it seriously)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.  I'm on the mend.  Unfortunately I scar easily - so I will be dealing with those for a while until my Refissa and Obagi gets rid of those.  It's so frustrating.  I finally get everything looking good and then just to spite me, my face decides to break out and make me start from square one!!!

Today I wore my coral sweater with a coral colored stone necklace.  For  make-up I wore:

-NARS Powder Foundation in Deauville

-Benefit Extreme Concealer

-Benefit's Coralista on my cheeks
-A peachy eyeshadow from one of my Sephora Palettes (the name has worn off the bottom)
-Dior's Lip Maximizer
-no eyeliner or mascara

So without even trying I kind of have a NMML! 

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my hubby and my sister it makes me happy to hear (or read) them! I feel that any wife that loves her hubby could definitely survive a long time of seperation from them. It seems impossible at first, but its not. I remember the first time I had to say goodbye to him on the pier and I knew I wasn't going to see him for months and I remember thinking I wasn't going to be able to do it. The hardest part is them walking away cause you just want to run after them and hug them and kiss them one more time, but you know you can't. I've seen pregnant women collapse at the pier saying goodbye cause they are about to be give birth for the first time and they have to do it alone, I've heard stories about wives crashing their cars on purpose on the way to the pier in hopes of injuring their hubby so he wont have to leave, I mean its the saddest, hardest day ever. But really thats the HARDEST part of the seperation, everyday after that gets easier and easier. You just gotta take it one day at a time and remember everyday is bringing you one day closer to welcoming him home. But don't count the days! only count the weeks cause its a smaller number lol.

Enough about my seperation rant lol. I hope none of you have to go through it and I pray I never have to again either, cause he's still an inactive reservist until next year and he's been thinking about being an active reservist, so we shall see.

@Tenngal congrats on your 25th, I can't wait till we can celebrate ours!

@lashreece congrats on your marriage and happy late anniversary! I hope you honeymoon forever!

@mermadelove love your coral look, very gorgeous as usual!

@kristamarielund, love love love your nails and your look! I hope things work out good for your job. I've had a job like that where it was based off the seasons except it was a summer job and then usually in the fall winter and spring I had to get a second job to help pay some bills, so I feel your pain.

Today, I was in a funky mood and wanted to be creative with my coral look. I've also decided that I totally need to get a summer foundation already cause I somehow unknowingly tanned my face and I look like a ghost with my winter foundation. I guess thats what I get for living in the desert and daring to go outside for 5 minutes without sunscreen lol.

But I did a fun, coral eye look with some blue and purple and a dark tangerine-ish color with it. The coral eyeshadow isn't as noticeable as the rest but it is there! haha. I also used my coral lip gloss and my coralista blush, but since my face was looking scarey white I didn't take a pic of my whole face Smiley Sad But here are 2 pics one with my eyes closed and one with them open. Sorry the one with them closed is slightly blurry I didn't mean for that. Oh and ignore my eyebrows please! My friend just became an esthetician in my home town and she wants me to come in and be a waxing model for her work, so I'm not allowed to pluck or do anything until then lol. So, its gonna be a hairy week I know that haha.

coraleyelook2.jpg

coraleyelook.jpg

Sarithor, those eyse of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE!

@sarithor:  Awesome eye look!  And, by the way, the photos didn't show any stray eyebrow hairs--ha, ha! Smiley Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@mermadelove:  Great coral look!  Coral is very flattering on you--I wish I could wear it cause it's such a pretty color. Smiley Happy

@kristamarielund:  Love that shade of coral lipstick...It looks great on you! Smiley Happy

Since coral is not my color (makes me look washed out and sickly), I did paint my nails in the coral polish I bought.  I bought two colors to do a moonicure, but the lighter color was too sheer and didn't show up over the darker color, so to salvage my paint job, I used white with the coral.  I'll post a picture below...

Coral_Moonicure_040611.jpg

I wore Coralista today in honour of the warming weather - yesterday in TO was very chilly!

A long distance relationship is definitely not fun - but I will be in one fairly soon in Sept when my partner moves to start his PhD Smiley Sad It makes me wonder how people did it w/o the internet.

pocketvenus wrote:

I wore Coralista today in honour of the warming weather - yesterday in TO was very chilly!

A long distance relationship is definitely not fun - but I will be in one fairly soon in Sept when my partner moves to start his PhD Smiley Sad It makes me wonder how people did it w/o the internet.

Aww, I'm so sorry! LDRs are tough. Smiley Sad Where's he going? You can plan a lot of fun trips soon!

And the weather here is psycho. Perfectly balmy one day and snowing the next. Oh well, soon it'll be blazing hot and we'll be complaining about that, too! lol

@officegal We're not sure yet as it depends on the program he decides on. I have to say, some of these American schools have amazing funding! It's very tough for a Canadian school to compete, they just don't have the money Smiley Sad

@sarithor Thank you for the advice - it's very smart and I shall take it to heart. <3 I totally agree with what you've written; one shouldn't waste time together on petty things. p.s. I also didn't notice any stray hairs Smiley Happy

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • second lip.JPG
  • red lip.JPG
  • 011811-Malin-400.jpg
  • 020311-Kate-400.jpg
  • 122210-Emma-400.jpg
  • moulinrouge.jpg
  • red lip day 2.JPG
  • IMG_1861.JPG
  • IMG_1872.JPG