Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Challenge of the Week

Some of us have been having a lot of fun "shopping our stash" lately in an attempt to curb our spendings, but we're starting to get the itch to buy new things again.

It'd be fun to take part in a weekly challenge where we all try one type of makeup item/look/trend per week.  For example, despite admiring many who do so, I've never successfully rocked the perfect red lips.  If red lips is on the agenda, we all try out the red lips at some point during the week.  I tend not to be very adventurous with my makeup despite my many purchases, and I think it might help people like me to break out from the ordinary routine.  Also, it's just plain fun to play with makeup.  😄  (And an excuse for those without the items to buy and test new things. ;))

SCHEDULE:

• Red lips (week of Feb 14) COMPLETED
  • False lashes (week of Feb 21) COMPLETED
  • Colourful eyeliner - something that's not black or brown (week of Feb 28) COMPLETED
  • Bright pink blush (week of Mar 7) COMPLETED
  • The perfect nude lips (week of Mar 14) COMPLETED
  • Blue eyeshadow (week of Mar 21) COMPLETED
  • No makeup makeup look (week of Mar 28) COMPLETED
  • Something coral (week of April 4) COMPLETED
  • Purple eyeshadow (week of April 11) COMPLETED
  • Red nails (week of April 18) COMPLETED
  • Pastels (week of April 25) COMPLETED
  • "Golden sand" eye shadow (week of May 2) 
  • Glitter/shimmer (week of May 9)
  • Creative nails - e.g. moon manicure, nail art, nail stickers... go nuts! (week of May 16)
  • Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23)
  • Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30)
  • Monochromatic look (week of June 6) <<<<<< CURRENT

And so on.  What do you think?

Tags:

Re: Challenge of the Week

I looooooooove blush.  In fact, even if I downsized everything else, I'd want a big variety of blush to choose from.

Well, I don't know if talking about colds and allergies is contagious, but I'm also down with a cold/allergy.  I couldn't stop sneezing this morning and my nose has been runny all day.  It's horrendously red from rubbing with tissue all day.  I didn't bother with too much makeup, but bright pink blush actually perks up a very low key look.  I look a little tired but not sickly.

Get well soon, everyone!

I thinks its a great idea i will totally do it

Just found this - sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm ready to join in for the week of march 7th.  Can't wait to break out the Bella Bomba from Benefit.  I got that not to long ago as  a Beauty Insider Perk and have not come up with a reason to use it yet.  Yay!

Tags:

Welcome to the thread, new joiners!  😄 😄 😄

This challenge is really good for breaking me out of a boring makeup rut.  Every week I think that I'm going to get comments about being weird/different with my makeup, but really, most people don't even notice!  I was all ready to give up eyeliners last year, too, because I hardly took the time to wear them, but this week's challenge was so inspiring that I purchased the UD 24/7 Jackpot set.  I want to wear the bright blue shade in the summer.

officegal wrote:

Welcome to the thread, new joiners!  😄 😄 😄

This challenge is really good for breaking me out of a boring makeup rut.  Every week I think that I'm going to get comments about being weird/different with my makeup, but really, most people don't even notice!  I was all ready to give up eyeliners last year, too, because I hardly took the time to wear them, but this week's challenge was so inspiring that I purchased the UD 24/7 anniversary set.  I want to wear the bright blue shade in the summer.

I agree!!! I was tired of the bright blues I kept wearing this week for the bright eyeliner challenge, so I finally broke out my Mildew pencil from the UD anniversary set and wore it with a nice shimmering gold that has been in my stash forever! It looked really good. Simple and nice. A great change of pace from some of my other bright looks, which were intensely glittery!

@mermade - Moving into the greens sounds like a good move!  Do you have Graffiti?  I think that would look great also!

------------------------

For the bright pink cheeks challenge starting tomorrow, I had shades like this in mind:

Stila Custom Color Blush

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269021&categoryId=B10

P269021_hero.jpg

Smashbox Blush Rush in "Radiance"

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218786&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3990

rby-smashbox-blush-radiance-de.jpg

And looks like:

071709-kristen-bell-400.jpg

020811-Miranda-400.jpg

082809-tractenberg-400.jpg

I do have graffiti. I'll try it next time! I was a little worried about the bright pink blush. I thought you meant to wear it heavy like the model on the Tarte ad for the new amazonian clay blush. But I can and have totally rocked it like those pics!

mermadelove wrote:

I do have graffiti. I'll try it next time! I was a little worried about the bright pink blush. I thought you meant to wear it heavy like the model on the Tarte ad for the new amazonian clay blush. But I can and have totally rocked it like those pics!

LOL!  Maybe I should change it to that!  STEP IT UP, PEOPLE!  😉

Nah, I'll leave it for everyone to pick the level of intensity.  I was big on pink blush for a while but have been shying away from pink lately, so it will make a good return for me.  And if you've never been into pink blush, this might surprise you pleasantly.  I'll be using Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270553&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5644) and Cargo SuedeBlush in Montebello from my own stash.

For those combining the challenges, it'd be pretty hilarious to do all the previous ones combined in one shot.  On the off chance that someone does, please take and post a pic.  😄

LMAO!! I could combine all the previous challenges... It might not look good haha, I might try that and take a pic, just to be funny.

This was actually hard for me, just because blush doesn't show up that well on me, for some reason. You would think, it would cause I'm soo friggin pale, but I feel like the paleness absorbs all color on my face and I go back to looking pale within seconds lol and I'm always scared to re-apply cause I might over do it, so I just leave it.So I really had to try to make it up show up and then to make sure it showed up in the pic too lol. I didn't really do much else. Just some mascara and lip gloss. I haven't been feeling that well, my allergies are kicking in I think. I've had the worst headache for days now.

brightcheeksblush.jpg

I used a blush from my Tarte 2009 Treasure Chest. I used the 3rd one from the left (or second one from the right, however you wanna look at it lol)brightcheeks.jpg

@sarithor:  I think your blush looks great--very natural looking.  Sorry to hear about your headache.  (I had a migraine for days last week so I feel your pain.)  My allergies are starting to kick in, too, and my nose has been dripping so much I can't keep any makeup on it.  My nose is redder than my fuchsia blush today (lol)!

I am excited for this week's challenge -- it's in my comfort zone!! 🙂 Blush is my weakness, so I have a stash of pinks. I think I'll be wearing my NARS Multiple in Angelika, which is probably the brightest pink I own. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow, if I can muster the strength. I've been away from BT off and on for the past several days due to a horrendous flu that refuses to leave! I haven't even been able to enjoy the days off from work (I've even had enough Law & Order!), and I never thought I'd say that :P. 

: )

@katie1724:  Glad you're back and feeling better. 🙂  This is an easy challenge week for me, too, cause I love pink blush!

Man, everyone is falling ill!  Get better soon, ladies!

Yeah, I guess pink cheeks isn't difficult at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there what with the honeysuckle craze and all.  🙂

I put on some brown-tone shadows, liner and lipstick to fight the pink cheeks but I don't think it worked out so well.  I'll try it with a lighter palette tomorrow!

Clinique's rosy blush stick for me today.  It's SO easy to put too much on accidentally though with porcelain skin!  Did that a few times with it when I first got it in a Clinique bonus a year or so back, but I've been beginning to rotate it back into what I use.  Probably going to end up pairing it with a bright lip gloss and neutral eye makeup today.

Today is my no makeup due to migraine day. 😞 It started last night ans just won't go away! I won't complain too much, though because I haven't had one in weeks. I was having them more often than not for a while there!

Hope everybody feels better! Flu, allergies, migraines...wow. 

Today I wore Benefit Bella Bamba. I've had it for a little while but had yet to try it. I figured this is the perfect week to break it out and I found I actually really like it! It's very pretty. 

Ugh...most likely no makeup day for me.  Allergic reactions and itchy skin due to roseacea!  Wore the Dior lash maximizer and the Extase mascara yesterday along with the Clinique rosy blush on my cheeks.  WOW!  The lashes looked great, full, long and like I had fake eyelashes on, but my eyes and eyelids itched like crazy, especially when I tried to take it off.  They STILL feel swollen and itchy right now, even after my regular skincare regimen, to tell the truth.  Last night when I first tried to get it off was bad, though.  If I wear makeup today, it'll probably just be some tinted moisturizer and maybe some brightener.

Back to my Clinique high impact mascara it is!  That one doesn't make my eyes itch.

Sorry to hear about the allergies! I hate it when that happens. You go in trying to beautify and end up looking red and splotchy! Blech! Smiley Mad

@waterbaby:  Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction to the Dior Extase--it gives lashes such good results!  I've been using it for the past couple of weeks.  I actually dug a deluxe sample out of my stash and found out what I've been missing.  Anyway, bummer that you can't wear it and I hope your eyes clear up soon.  🙂

@mermadelove:  Sorry to hear about the migraine!  I thought I was going to get another one this morning, but apparently it was just my sinuses acting up because it went away thank goodness!  It seems like everyone is getting sick here lately. Smiley Sad Hope you feel better soon! 🙂

officegal wrote:

mermadelove wrote:

LOL!  Maybe I should change it to that!  STEP IT UP, PEOPLE!  😉

Nah, I'll leave it for everyone to pick the level of intensity.  I was big on pink blush for a while but have been shying away from pink lately, so it will make a good return for me.  And if you've never been into pink blush, this might surprise you pleasantly.  I'll be using Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270553&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5644) and Cargo SuedeBlush in Montebello from my own stash.

For those combining the challenges, it'd be pretty hilarious to do all the previous ones combined in one shot.  On the off chance that someone does, please take and post a pic.  😄

I bet Sarithor could pull off that every challenge in one look and post AWESOME pics!! >hint, hint!<

LOL!

I will be using Too Faced La Vie en Rose blush today. 🙂

95 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • second lip.JPG
  • red lip.JPG
  • 011811-Malin-400.jpg
  • 020311-Kate-400.jpg
  • 122210-Emma-400.jpg
  • moulinrouge.jpg
  • red lip day 2.JPG