Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Challenge of the Week

Some of us have been having a lot of fun "shopping our stash" lately in an attempt to curb our spendings, but we're starting to get the itch to buy new things again.

It'd be fun to take part in a weekly challenge where we all try one type of makeup item/look/trend per week.  For example, despite admiring many who do so, I've never successfully rocked the perfect red lips.  If red lips is on the agenda, we all try out the red lips at some point during the week.  I tend not to be very adventurous with my makeup despite my many purchases, and I think it might help people like me to break out from the ordinary routine.  Also, it's just plain fun to play with makeup.  Smiley Very Happy  (And an excuse for those without the items to buy and test new things. Smiley Wink)

SCHEDULE:

• Red lips (week of Feb 14) COMPLETED
  • False lashes (week of Feb 21) COMPLETED
  • Colourful eyeliner - something that's not black or brown (week of Feb 28) COMPLETED
  • Bright pink blush (week of Mar 7) COMPLETED
  • The perfect nude lips (week of Mar 14) COMPLETED
  • Blue eyeshadow (week of Mar 21) COMPLETED
  • No makeup makeup look (week of Mar 28) COMPLETED
  • Something coral (week of April 4) COMPLETED
  • Purple eyeshadow (week of April 11) COMPLETED
  • Red nails (week of April 18) COMPLETED
  • Pastels (week of April 25) COMPLETED
  • "Golden sand" eye shadow (week of May 2) 
  • Glitter/shimmer (week of May 9)
  • Creative nails - e.g. moon manicure, nail art, nail stickers... go nuts! (week of May 16)
  • Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23)
  • Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30)
  • Monochromatic look (week of June 6) <<<<<< CURRENT

And so on.  What do you think?

Tags (2)

Re: Challenge of the Week

On a different note, thanks for posting pics of your efforts - looking gorgeous, ladies <3

Ok, so here is my look for my Bright Eye Liner... I used MUFE Aquarelle Face and Body Liquid Color in white to line my eyes and then did a rainbow effect with shadows on top of the white line. I did my upper and lower waterline with black eye liner and applied mascara... If you read the Shop your own Stash Challenge... you already know my story about the Aquarelle liner.. So I won't repeat it lol. Heres a different pic than the one I posted on that thread. My normal camera I use died when I was taking pictures for the other thread so I had to use my webcam today.

P.S. if you want to see the picture bigger, Just go to my profile and click on it, It shows up twice the size there than it does here.

I love it, everyone is being so brave!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I didn't wear any liner today but I'll wear each of these three colours that are in my stash.  The Cargo liners are from a kit that I forget the name of (and I threw out the box, too)... and the MAC pencil is from their To The Beach collection (the last MAC collection that I truly loved).  They're not super bright or anything and most people won't even notice, I'm sure, but this is really branching out for me!  I rarely wear eyeliner in the first place, and when I do, it's brown or black.  @Katie, I'll allow the bronze!  LOL!

Today I am wearing Tony and Tina in Cosmic Clarity, ?It's a very light lavender/light seafoam green shimmer with silver micro glitter in the pan, but when I wear it with Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy under it, it shows up pure seafoam shimmer with microglitter. This is what I did today. I then lined with UD glide on eye  pencil in clash ( bright turquoise) and ransom ( irridescent purple). POW! That's bright. Smiley Happy

I used an old blue eyeliner I used to wear all the time, like an eternity ago Smiley Happy I forget the shade name, but it's from Yves Rocher. I didn't do the lower lash line. I'm not used to wearing colors anymore and it kind of freaked me out; I've grown very attached to my black. The blue is really kind of pretty though, I have to say. I have a couple Urban Decay pencils in colors that I can try the next couple days. I got them a while back and never even used them yet...grrr

Ok so here is the pic from yesterday's look with the Tony and Tina eyeshadow and UD liners, as promised. The brightness shows, but the shimmer and glitter doesn't. It's too bad becasue I LOVED this look!

@mermadelove: that's such a great look and it looks great on you!  My blue liner (see Monday) didn't look anywhere near as nice. Too bad the glitter didn't show up, bet it was awesome!

My yesterday bright liner was MAC Fluidline in "Haunting," a pretty lavender with a dark purple MAC shadow, MAC "Mauvism" in Paint, which acts as a primer/shadow all in one. (Doesn't last as long as primer + shadow in hot weather, but it wasn't hot here yesterday).  All from my stash, I have a great choice of bright liners from that baby!

Today is UD 24/7 liner in Covet (bright green)!

Love all your photos, they are so inspirational!!!

Very pretty, mermadelove!

Today I'm wearing an Urban Decay pencil in 1999. It's like a plum, but not a very deep plum and a tiny bit sparkly. It's actually pretty! I like this better than the blue I wore yesterday.

Highlighted

OK, I can’t believe I just found this thread last night!  So, today’s eyeliner look was eyeshadow in the color Honey and the eyeshadow color Peace from the UD Deluxe Shadow Box Palette layered over UD 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Yeyo.

@sarithor:  Thanks for the idea!  My version of shadow over white eyeliner didn’t turn out as colorful and pretty as yours, but I had fun with it anyway…

@mermadelove:  Your blue eyeliner is beautiful—great pic!

I’ve taken a picture, but all you can really see is my red allergy eyes thanks to my pitiful photography skills.  The only pic that ever seems to turn out decent is when I have the camera turned around the right way and take a pic of the makeup products I used (sigh).  I’m gonna keep practicing until I get it right…

The bright eyeliner looks good! You have nice eyes, tenngal! Smiley Happy

I did a glitter eyeliner look today, but I think it more belongs in the shop your ouw stash challenge, so I 'm going to post the pic of the finished look there later!

Well, my makeup look yesterday was no makeup because I had a terrible migraine and I still have it this morning. Smiley Sad Usually I can sleep it off, but this one is really a kicker.  Just wanted to check in and let ya'll know that I haven't forgotten about you and our challenges.  Looks like today will be another no makeup day unless my migraine suddenly goes away so I'll check in again when it's better.

Keep on keeping the world beautiful . . . Smiley Happy

I've been following these threads since they started...and just finally signed up for the boards!

Can't sleep at this point, it's 5:12 am on the west coast, so I'll just list what I plan on wearing today.  Going to be doing Clinique starry plum eyeliner or MUFE's bright turquoise liner depending on what I'm wearing today.

Hope you feel better, tenngal. Migraines are terrible Smiley Sad

Just found this - sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm ready to join in for the week of march 7th.  Can't wait to break out the Bella Bomba from Benefit.  I got that not to long ago as  a Beauty Insider Perk and have not come up with a reason to use it yet.  Yay!

Tags (1)

Welcome to the thread, new joiners!  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

This challenge is really good for breaking me out of a boring makeup rut.  Every week I think that I'm going to get comments about being weird/different with my makeup, but really, most people don't even notice!  I was all ready to give up eyeliners last year, too, because I hardly took the time to wear them, but this week's challenge was so inspiring that I purchased the UD 24/7 Jackpot set.  I want to wear the bright blue shade in the summer.

officegal wrote:

Welcome to the thread, new joiners!  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

This challenge is really good for breaking me out of a boring makeup rut.  Every week I think that I'm going to get comments about being weird/different with my makeup, but really, most people don't even notice!  I was all ready to give up eyeliners last year, too, because I hardly took the time to wear them, but this week's challenge was so inspiring that I purchased the UD 24/7 anniversary set.  I want to wear the bright blue shade in the summer.

I agree!!! I was tired of the bright blues I kept wearing this week for the bright eyeliner challenge, so I finally broke out my Mildew pencil from the UD anniversary set and wore it with a nice shimmering gold that has been in my stash forever! It looked really good. Simple and nice. A great change of pace from some of my other bright looks, which were intensely glittery!

@mermade - Moving into the greens sounds like a good move!  Do you have Graffiti?  I think that would look great also!

------------------------

For the bright pink cheeks challenge starting tomorrow, I had shades like this in mind:

Stila Custom Color Blush

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269021&categoryId=B10

Smashbox Blush Rush in "Radiance"

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218786&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3990

And looks like:

I do have graffiti. I'll try it next time! I was a little worried about the bright pink blush. I thought you meant to wear it heavy like the model on the Tarte ad for the new amazonian clay blush. But I can and have totally rocked it like those pics!

I have fallen behind with these challenges! I took photos, but can't find my camera cord!! I combined the red lip and false eyelash looks together and used Make Up For Ever's aqua cream in red(#8) for lips and a pair of volumizing Duo lashes. For the bright eyeliner I used Sephora's Nano.eyes in silver green (it came with last years birthday gift).

mermadelove wrote:

I do have graffiti. I'll try it next time! I was a little worried about the bright pink blush. I thought you meant to wear it heavy like the model on the Tarte ad for the new amazonian clay blush. But I can and have totally rocked it like those pics!

LOL!  Maybe I should change it to that!  STEP IT UP, PEOPLE!  Smiley Wink

Nah, I'll leave it for everyone to pick the level of intensity.  I was big on pink blush for a while but have been shying away from pink lately, so it will make a good return for me.  And if you've never been into pink blush, this might surprise you pleasantly.  I'll be using Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270553&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5644) and Cargo SuedeBlush in Montebello from my own stash.

For those combining the challenges, it'd be pretty hilarious to do all the previous ones combined in one shot.  On the off chance that someone does, please take and post a pic.  Smiley Very Happy

officegal wrote:

mermadelove wrote:

LOL!  Maybe I should change it to that!  STEP IT UP, PEOPLE!  Smiley Wink

Nah, I'll leave it for everyone to pick the level of intensity.  I was big on pink blush for a while but have been shying away from pink lately, so it will make a good return for me.  And if you've never been into pink blush, this might surprise you pleasantly.  I'll be using Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270553&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5644) and Cargo SuedeBlush in Montebello from my own stash.

For those combining the challenges, it'd be pretty hilarious to do all the previous ones combined in one shot.  On the off chance that someone does, please take and post a pic.  Smiley Very Happy

I bet Sarithor could pull off that every challenge in one look and post AWESOME pics!! >hint, hint!<

LOL!

I will be using Too Faced La Vie en Rose blush today. Smiley Happy

Actually, this is an easy challenge week for me because I almost always wear pink blush.  Today I am wearing Make Up For Ever Powder Blush in the shade Fuchsia 26 which is a very vibrant matte pink.  I love pink blushes! Smiley Happy

I have been shopping my stash and doing the pink blush challenge, this one is easy because I only do pink blush!

Used MAC Pink Shock and MAC Cream Color Base in Madly Magenta.

Hope you all feel better soon!  I got the flu thing done about a month ago, I was sick for 3 weeks but it's over now. Good thing we don't have the red nose challenge...

Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • second lip.JPG
  • red lip.JPG
  • 011811-Malin-400.jpg
  • 020311-Kate-400.jpg
  • 122210-Emma-400.jpg
  • moulinrouge.jpg
  • red lip day 2.JPG
  • IMG_1861.JPG
  • IMG_1872.JPG
  • leamichele@2011grammys001.jpg