Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Challenge of the Week

Some of us have been having a lot of fun "shopping our stash" lately in an attempt to curb our spendings, but we're starting to get the itch to buy new things again.

It'd be fun to take part in a weekly challenge where we all try one type of makeup item/look/trend per week.  For example, despite admiring many who do so, I've never successfully rocked the perfect red lips.  If red lips is on the agenda, we all try out the red lips at some point during the week.  I tend not to be very adventurous with my makeup despite my many purchases, and I think it might help people like me to break out from the ordinary routine.  Also, it's just plain fun to play with makeup.  Smiley Very Happy  (And an excuse for those without the items to buy and test new things. Smiley Wink)

SCHEDULE:

• Red lips (week of Feb 14) COMPLETED
  • False lashes (week of Feb 21) COMPLETED
  • Colourful eyeliner - something that's not black or brown (week of Feb 28) COMPLETED
  • Bright pink blush (week of Mar 7) COMPLETED
  • The perfect nude lips (week of Mar 14) COMPLETED
  • Blue eyeshadow (week of Mar 21) COMPLETED
  • No makeup makeup look (week of Mar 28) COMPLETED
  • Something coral (week of April 4) COMPLETED
  • Purple eyeshadow (week of April 11) COMPLETED
  • Red nails (week of April 18) COMPLETED
  • Pastels (week of April 25) COMPLETED
  • "Golden sand" eye shadow (week of May 2) 
  • Glitter/shimmer (week of May 9)
  • Creative nails - e.g. moon manicure, nail art, nail stickers... go nuts! (week of May 16)
  • Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23)
  • Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30)
  • Monochromatic look (week of June 6) <<<<<< CURRENT

And so on.  What do you think?

Tags (2)

Re: Challenge of the Week

Well, I did the MAC Ruby Woo lip today, but I felt kind of silly. I was putting metal roofing on the new barn (it was a lovely day here) while sporting bright red lips! Oh well, the lipstick did stay on well, thanks to Mermadelove's hint on using concealer underneath- I didn't spring for a lip primer, I did enough damage shopping for makeup last week. 

Gotta see what my stash has for a new red lip for tomorrow, I seem to recall a Dior sample in there....

Tomorrow I think I am going to do UD Pocket Rocket in Eric, a classic red gloss. I might amp up the rest of my makeup since it's just a gloss. Will post pics!

This is really fun, officegal. Thanks for starting it!!!

Ok, beauties! As promised, here is my second red lip look. It may end up looking the same as the other one because my camera isn't the greatest, but instead of a matte bright red lip and a neutral eye with falsies, this time I used UD Pocket Rocket in Eric, a sheer true red. Sephora Lash Booster mascara, UD eye pencil in Perversion (I like it over zero) Too Faced La Vie en Rose blush, And Kat VonD eye shadow in Livewire ( light shimmery taupe with microglitter).

So pretty, mermadelove! Today I'm wearing a Victoria's Secret gloss in a sheer red. It's pretty; a true red but nice & shiny. I don't think it's going to have any kind of staying power, but that's okay. If I reapply often maybe I can start using it up. I have so MANY lip glosses, and yet I always want more. 

@mermadelove: You look so pretty!! I love that gloss!

@daisy: I went with a gloss today, too! I'm wearing NARS in Misbehave. I love it because it's one of the few that doesn't go pink, orange or fuchsia on me -- it definitely stays clear red.

: )

mermadelove wrote:

Ok, beauties! As promised, here is my second red lip look. It may end up looking the same as the other one because my camera isn't the greatest, but instead of a matte bright red lip and a neutral eye with falsies, this time I used UD Pocket Rocket in Eric, a sheer true red. Sephora Lash Booster mascara, UD eye pencil in Perversion (I like it over zero) Too Faced La Vie en Rose blush, And Kat VonD eye shadow in Livewire ( light shimmery taupe with microglitter).

You look so awesome that I HAD to repost with the pic included!!!  Smiley Wink

Hey thanks officegal!!!Smiley Happy

FINALLY got my lipstick!  I fell in love with an Hourglass lipstick but my sanity got the better of me and I chose Revlon Colorburst in Ruby.  It's super creamy and very very bright red on my very neutral face.  I'm inspired by Lea Michelle's look from the Grammys.  I'll try a similar palette tomorrow.  Smiley Happy

@officegal: I love Colorburst lipstick! I actually have Crimson -- it's a pretty deep red. Ruby looks so pretty -- I might need that one, too!

YAY for getting your red!

Smiley Very Happy

Katie, it's surprisingly high quality and I love the quilted look of the packaging.  I might get a few other shades now that I've tried Ruby.  Smiley Happy

@officegal: They ARE great quality! I have Soft Nude, True Red and Mauve**, too -- I didn't like True Red as much; it's a little bright an orangey on me. I like Crimson, though, and I may have to try Ruby. I really like Mauve!! 

**Walgreens was having a buy one get one sale!! I had to!

Highlighted

@Katie - Buy 1 Get 1 sales ALWAYS have to be taken advantage of.  Smiley Wink  And orange lips are totally back, so it's worth it, too!

Okay, ladies - this week's challenge is to wear false lashes!!!  Some inspirational looks:

I have two sets of full lashes and one set of individual lashes.  For those who have trouble with glue, DUO lash adhesive is the best.  I'll wear them for dinner with a friend tomorrow night!

Tags (2)

@officegal. I did a falsies look this AM, but lately I've been having trouble getting them to stay put and/or put on evenly! Cursed migraines make my hands unsteady Smiley Sad But anyway, one of my cowokers said that she really thought the individuals were the way to go. This moring I was thinking of those starter kits that have holders to help put the full sets on. So toinght after work, I popped over to the drugstore--and they were having a buy 1 get one on falsies! So I gor a starter kit with the applicator as well as individual lashes, for the exorbitant price of $8.49!!! Smiley Very Happy

I'll try them out tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here is the pic of today's look.  Pardon the bloodshot eyes!

YAY! These are so pretty. If I can't apply my own (MAC) lashes, I'll definitely be on the hunt for some new ones. They look lovely!

@katie: Ardell. This is truly a great drugstore brand! Although I think I am going to go back to my original application techinque of putting the glue on my lid and attaching the eyelashes rather than putting the glue on the lashes! It's easier and they stay on better!

Woop! Woop! I did my fake eyelashes for the week. The eyelashes I wore are Ardell 105 black. I love these lashes. Super dramatic. I did it with a rainbow eyeshadow look, that I acheived with my coastal Scent 88 palette. The way I apply the glue to the lashes is I make a small dot of duo glue on the back of my hand and I run the lashline of the lashes through the glue. Then I bend the lashes in a u shape and let the glue sit there for about 30 seconds, so its tacky, Then I apply it to my eyelid/lash line.

@sarithor:

Beautiful as always!!! I tried that method this morning and failed miserably!!! LOL!

@mermade, yeah thats the way that works best for me. I don't think there is a wrong way or a right way to apply lashes, just what works for each person. As long as you get them on and you look fabulous thats all that matters! lol. Love your eyelash look by the way! very pretty!

@sarithor: Thank goodness, too! Otherwise I'd never get them on! Smiley Happy

I don't think I'm brave enough to do this challenge! I love how the false eyelashes look, but I feel sure trying to do it would be a real disaster. I don't have the time or patience right now....maybe one day.

Sarithor & mermadelove, love the pics! Great lashes Smiley Happy

@daisy: I went back to my original application method of putting the glue on my lid then adding the lashes and it worked! Here is today's look:

@Mermadelove, you look wonderful in both your pictures with the eyelashes!

@Sarithor: You too, you take a great pic!

Well, as I expected, I was the only person at the Horse Expo shovelling manure with false eyelashes on!  I have been keeping to the challenge, it was easy Mon-Wed since I had to go to town each day and getting all dolled up wasn't unexpected.  I promised a friend that I would help out at the Expo long ago, so I just got up early and did the lash thing. (I didn't have to get to the Expo early so it wasn't a hardship).  It was cold out today so that helped keep the lashes in place, I think. I swore that if they fell off, I was NOT going to pick them up!

@ prettyinpa: ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

prettyinpa wrote:

Well, as I expected, I was the only person at the Horse Expo shovelling manure with false eyelashes on!  I have been keeping to the challenge, it was easy Mon-Wed since I had to go to town each day and getting all dolled up wasn't unexpected.  I promised a friend that I would help out at the Expo long ago, so I just got up early and did the lash thing. (I didn't have to get to the Expo early so it wasn't a hardship).  It was cold out today so that helped keep the lashes in place, I think. I swore that if they fell off, I was NOT going to pick them up!

OMG, you're such a trooper!!!  I'd give you three hearts if that were possible!  LOL!

@prettyinpa, thank you! and you poor thing lol! I'm glad they didn't fall off while you were working away. What a good friend!!

@officegal, I've always wanted to try individual lashes, but havent yet. Seems soo complicated!! But I think the next chance I get, I'm going to buy some and try it out.

53 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • second lip.JPG
  • red lip.JPG
  • 011811-Malin-400.jpg
  • 020311-Kate-400.jpg
  • 122210-Emma-400.jpg
  • moulinrouge.jpg
  • red lip day 2.JPG
  • IMG_1861.JPG
  • IMG_1872.JPG