Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Can we talk about Engagement Rings?

Off topic.. But I can't do my paper, my job keeps calling me with questions and distracting me like crazy (I took off to do this final today and it's getting nowhere...ugh)

Show me your pretty rings, or your dream rings Smiley Happy

This one is my dream ring:

dfe9635db99347b0ad2b950a8af2d001-800x800.png

....Yeah, I want to marry that ring.

Re: Can we talk about Engagement Rings?

THAT BAND... I love it. 

That green ring...gorgeous!!!

the vintage rings are so pretty! 

I would die for that first ring!  You have great taste.  I love older style/vintage jewelry, especially rings.

I always thought simple, square diamond rings were the most beautiful and elegant.

upload_6882315551198605350.jpg

I've seen "black gold" before, but i'm not sure what it's actually made from. either way, it's really interesting and beautiful to look at 

original.jpg

whoops that was supposed to be in response to kariyava but the HTML got messed up

If you look at my post (reply to midnightangel) I posted the name of the place that makes those rings.  Smiley Wink

I love the pink one it's gorgeous !

These are gold rings plated in some sort of black alloy.  So they're gold, but gold covered up in something black!  (And the designer warns that the black will come off in a year).  If you really want a wearable black metal, mind as well go with gunmetal or something more durable like that (not as precious, but won't wear off either!)

Thanks! I figured there's some gold involved (like white gold mixed with nickel or pink gold with...copper? I forget the specifics.) But it sort of reminds me of titanium, too. I first saw it on pinterest, specifically this ring: 9e70a0c0b71a6af493b042369f0ba671.jpg wawaweewa

I don't love this ring for a very ridiculous reason. It looks like the black ring from the Pretty, Pretty, Princess board game. For those that don't remember, if you have the black ring, you can't win and become a princess!

Ahahahaha it totally does!

black.jpg

Forgot about that game! I used to play it all the time, I wonder if I could still find a set somewhere just for nostalgias sake

eBay! You can find nearly any childhood toy or game there Smiley Wink

I remember that game! I was just a little too old for it (9 or 10) when it came out, but my younger sister had it, and we used to play it all the time Smiley Happy

Oh my god!  You are so right!  When I was little I would make my grandpa play that game for hours!  He was a good sport and played along wearing every piece of jewelry he earned!  

This post gives me a sad, for so many different reasons.  I'm just going to list them, in no particular order.

1. Blood diamonds.  Most diamonds are usually acquired through inhumane conditions, and finance wars.

2. The value of diamonds is artificially created by the DeBeers monopoly. 

3. The wedding industry....  It's gross.  It's one day of your life, hopefully you only get married once, but most people don't, and it's ridiculous to spend the amount of time, energy, and money into it that is popularized in the media.

4. It places a value on how much your partner loves you and encourages competition amongst women. 

5. Plain old consumerism at its worst. 

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it makes me sad when I see women getting all excited about engagement rings because I feel like too high of a value is placed on being married and all the hype associated with it. 

My ring has a synthetic stone for all these reasons.

I talked to my boyfriend about moissanite because of this, but hear mixed information all the time. It's not as common as gemstones so there's a lack of information Smiley Sad

Also moissanite is wayyyy cheaper than diamonds -- Bonus.