Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

I know a few of us share a passion for crystals and jewelry as well as makeup so thought I would start a thread on this. Share your stash, finds, whatever!

crysthr17.jpg

RE: Re: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

Wow, gorgeous 😍 @pixiedust2

Re: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

@pixiedust2   I LOVE that Pinkie ring!!! How are you, lovely?????

Both are pretty, @pixiedust2! I lope big rings like your...

Both are pretty, @pixiedust2! I love big rings like your Labradorite.

@pixiedust2 - These are both so pretty!  💖💖💖

@pixiedust2  hahahaha who knows. 😂😂😂

Nice finds!!! Love the moonstone with the crescent moon! 🖤🖤🖤🌙🌙🌙

Thanks V! I might post that skull you sent me. Even though it’s not a real gem, it sparkles like one and makes me smile every time I walk past it 🌈🥰😘

I thought these would fit here. This person on IG has an online class where she teaches you how to do this. But she’s Russian and I’m not sure I would understand her LOL. I’ve been searching for some press on nails like this. I can’t stop looking at them. If anyone finds a tutorial on this, please tag me!

B976C64F-5A4D-4446-879D-3CB37BAD51F3.jpeg

Saw this in-store and just had to pick it up for a friend: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Crystal Serum Roller

and I paired it with this SEPHORA COLLECTION - Jojoba Protecting Oil

I also thought these were pretty cute: SEPHORA COLLECTION Crystal Facial Roller Set

and INC.REDIBLE - Crystal Ball Roller Gloss - undefined

I LOVE those roller bottles! @greeneyedgirl107 

I put the KORRES - Wild Rose Brightening Oil in the rose quartz one and  I put Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL in the amethyst one. I love stones so much that I have been considering getting the INC.REDIBLE - Roller Baby Lip Gloss in the adventurine stones just because I don't have a green roller bottle!

@mermadelove I LOVE aventurine!  I remember being crazy about it when my dad got me a small polished stone of it as a child 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107  my dad is the one who started my stone addiction, too! He came back from a business trip to Brazil with a set of tumbled stones and it was all over! 

@mermadelove That is so sweet!  i HAVE to mention this to my dad 🙂

Image result for gemstone gif

@greeneyedgirl107  😍🤩😍

Hi I reposted this in this group which I think is a better fit..

This week I have 3 plated necklaces I wear all the time and the gold finish has been completely removed in parts.  The only thing different I've been using is I added Kora Noni glow oil to the Sephora Rose quartz crystal roll on and ordinary mineral sunscreen.  Has anyone else experienced this? Could minerals in rose quartz dissolving in oil or minerals in sunscreen cause this? I've been using Josie's mineral sunscreen for years without a problem

@melanito Is the base metal 925 silver (or real gold)? If so, you can have them dipped and it will restore the finish. Lots of jewelers do this and it’s fairly inexpensive. There’s a jeweler kiosk at my local mall, and they charge $25 to re-dip my ring. Sorry I don’t have an answer on how it happened, but there’s hope to fix them if you really love them. 

Oh wow that's inexpensive. Thanks I thought it would be much more than that!

@melanito - It looks like the oil tarnished the gold plating.  I found this info on a Google search:  Wait to put on your gold plated jewelry until after you have applied perfume, lotion, and makeup. Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, perfume, or chlorine can react with the gold plated jewelry item and the base metal underneath, causing it to tarnish more easily.  It also said you can take the jewelry to a jeweler to have it replated; it's "simple and inexpensive."

thanks!

thanks!

RE: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

I just bought a few crystals the other day. A new shop opened just around the corner from my house and I’m super excited. I honestly don’t remember what these all are but one is a worry stone (the one with the thumb print in it). And rose quartz is my favourite and supposed to be good for self esteem. I have a lot of mental health struggles and I’m trying to find natural ways of supporting my health.

Re: RE: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

Hi, 

those are beautiful stones. I have collected quite a few of them myself during the tougher times in my life. I have read that green and pink stones such as your rose quartz and jade resonate with the heart and the chakra that can affect 💕 love and healing. I’m not certain but the black stone could possibly be obsidian which is supposed to be very protective for people who seek healing but are dealing with certain forms of attack which could be psychic or spiritual. I don’t know if that is true , but I have often worn an obsidian bracelet and pendant. The most protected I can say I actually believe I ever felt by a stone was by a ruby. Followed by garnet....but I have a big imagination . ✌️😽

Re: RE: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

Beautiful stones. I hope they help you!! I bought a bunch for my friend and she says they really help! 

Photos127
  • crysthr17.jpg
  • diamondearrings.png
  • IMG_1339.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • 7-14-2017 9-11-44 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-03 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-23 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-35 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-45 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-56 AM.jpg
  • Pink Star Diamond
  • My pearl bead collection. I'll use them all eventually!
  • I want this sink!
  • cbf6242e0bed6001d406f54feb9a49cb--huge-bathtub-dream-bathrooms.jpg
testing