Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

I know a few of us share a passion for crystals and jewelry as well as makeup so thought I would start a thread on this. Share your stash, finds, whatever!

crysthr17.jpg

Re: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY

Yes, Tahitians are very expensive but if you don't mind some baroque ones, you can get a strand just as beautiful for considerably less $$. I actually really like baroque pearls, I find they're easier to wear than perfectly round ones which I feel are much dressier ๐Ÿ™‚

Gorgeous! I love pearls, too.

@k617 Want to come over and play? ๐Ÿ˜‰My pearl bead collection. I'll use them all eventually!My pearl bead collection. I'll use them all eventually!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ @Beadshopgirl soooooo pretttttttyyyy!!!!!

@Beadshopgirl,

Just Wow!  How gorgeous!

@Mcakes I'm such a sucker for pearls! Once a year, the store where I work has a huge sale on pearls, so I end up picking some up, and I've been there 15 years so.... Lol! I definitely hoard more than I make. 

Holy Mother of Pearl @Beadshopgirl ๐Ÿ˜ฎ !! That is an impressive collection you've got there. You definitely live up to your name ๐Ÿ˜„ I've never even seen pearls in that green color on the bottom left before. I'd love to see some pieces that you've created too!

YESSS @Beadshopgirl!

Nice collection @Beadshopgirl!

What a beautiful craft @k617; these pieces are lovely!

@k617  Can I just say that you are amazingly talented? Those are beautiful! Your creativity and passion shines in each piece. Please post more of your finished pieces in the future and spoil our eyes!

You are so kind @KatieJiang! Thank you ๐Ÿ˜„

OMG these are gorgeous @k617! Thank you for sharing โค I've always been curious about your other pieces. A full strand of those Tahitian pearls would really be a treasure! Did you take your pearls certification from GIA? I'm working on my Graduate Gemologist from them. 

That's very cool @Mcakes! No, this isn't an official certification with GIA but just a course that a bunch of the big pearl online vendors that operate in the US work together to put together for the Cultured Pearl Association of America. There was a lot of misinformation about pearls lately especially with the horrible "pearl parties" which told people they have a $50 pearl from a $10 oyster which really is worth a few cents to a dollar.

I took it just for fun and the photos, I don't plan to use the knowledge outside of forums really!

@k617 - I absolutely LOVE pearls!  I am drooling over every one of your pictures!

Thank you, @Titian06 ๐Ÿ˜„

@k617 Those are all gorgeous! The pearls and the mermaid necklace are so stunning. 

Thanks for sharing!  I really like that Sea of Cortez pearl and metallic white Edison pearl strand. I don't know much about pearls but some are very pretty for sure. Looks like a lot of work!  I still have a tourmaline stone that needs to be cast into metal... I just never settled into a design for it. lol

@k617  well crap I still can't reply to your comment...  That is very cool! Who knows maybe you'll end up doing that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you @alexasteph @veronika23!

V - I took a pearl certification course offered for free by a business that sells pearls... the industry is very fascinating!! DH jokes that if my current job doesn't work out, I should become a pearl farmer (he already calls me that whenever I get some new pearls for projects)

One of my favourite semi-precious stones is chalcedony. I wear this bracelet nearly every day. The braided wire is an ancient technique called Viking Knit. I used 24 gauge sterling silver wire to make it. image.jpeg

Photos129
  • crysthr17.jpg
  • diamondearrings.png
  • IMG_1339.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • 7-14-2017 9-11-44 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-03 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-23 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-35 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-45 AM.jpg
  • 7-14-2017 9-12-56 AM.jpg
  • Pink Star Diamond
  • My pearl bead collection. I'll use them all eventually!
  • I want this sink!
  • cbf6242e0bed6001d406f54feb9a49cb--huge-bathtub-dream-bathrooms.jpg
testing