Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Bugs.....

Okay so I kept hearing a strange noise in my kitchen.  It sounded like some type of bug chirping.  I went in, turned on the light and saw nothing.  I turned the light back off and then heard it again a few minutes later.  This time I grabbed a fly swatter and turned the light back on. 

So what do I see....a cricket/grass hopper (not sure how you tell the difference) at least 4 inches long on the wall over my kitchen window.  Now I am freaking out.  I am not a bug girl.  I am trying to figure out how to kill it without it attacking me (yes I know that this won't really happen, but that isn't what goes through my head when I see a bug - blame all the B horror movies I watched as a kid).  So as I am arguing in my head between just going to bed, hoping that someone else kills it later or putting on my big girl panties and taking care of it.

So, what do I do, I get the vacuum, pull out the handle and suck it up.  So now the bug is alive and well in the vacuum container.  I'll just leave it in there and make someone else get rid of it in the morning.

Just wanted to share.  I can't be the only one that had been creative in getting rid of a bug.

Re: Bugs.....

Haha i would have freaked out too! 

I bought some of them and they didn't seem to work too well.  Hopefully they work better for you.

Aww i hope they work! I need some relief from these bugs!

I've noticed in Texas that after it rains or once it starts getting SUPER hot/humid that's when bugs tend to flee indoors to either escape the rain or to catch a break from the heat....either way, nope, nope, NOPE!

For all of you that were team cricket/grasshopper, I just looked at the clear crust troop of my vacuum cleaner and the bug survived the night and morning.  So, I mustered up the courage to snap off the dust trap, open the front door, stick one hand out & open the trap up. It flew off to scare another day.  

I just want everyone to know my dreams were filled with giant killer bugs ala terrible sat/sun movies on scify.

Haha! I have nightmares about bugs too! But i'm glad he lived, even if i am extremely terrified!

Highlighted

The only roach I can stand is the one from Wall-E

To add to the slew of bug weapons on here already, this is the Fly Gun:

It's the size of a small water/squirt gun and fires this flat disc like the plastic slapper end of a fly swatter that's connect to the gun via a piece of string. My friend has this for goofs and giggles. It's not super strong so it's not like bug guts go everywhere, but it just pops the bug enough to stun and drop them (especially for smaller flies), I wouldn't suggest using it on a roach or wasp or bee. You might just make it more angry. Eep.

Now that I've moved into a place with a large patio (and a constantly open sliding door to cater to my pets' indoor/outdoor games I've been getting a garden variety of little creepy crawler visitors. Rogue flies and the occasional mosquito hawk. Luckily my cat is having a ball hunting them all, he's good!

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Bug weapon: CAT!

I have cats and they do NOTHING to save me from bugs. I think they hate me...

Lol one more story to add, @janinebt's post reminded me of something

My sister used to have this dog, and he was the weirdest dog ever! Every single time there was bug/roach on the floor, he would go crazy and start stomping on it and rolling his body over it to kill it. It was soooo gross but he would kill it! Lol and then i would just sweep it away! I hated that he did that because i would need to take him a bath cause i couldn't touch him without thinking of bugs he rolled over lol!

My dog in TX used to do the dame thing. She would chase chameleons on our back porch And stomp on them.  I was forever hosing her down.

Haha it's the craziest thing! I had a video of him doing it on a different phone! But it no longer works so it's gone Smiley Sad

He wanted to be sure that bug was EXTRA dead...missing limbs and squished and guts out! Smiley Tongue

Lol! I freakout out the first time he did it! But it was a relief from me trying to kill it! Smiley Wink

He must have been some kind of commando dog like you know how you see those men who throw themselves on bombs to save other people? That must be what her dog was doing trying to save ya'll. Smiley Very Happy

Lol! Smiley Very Happy

My dog likes to play with crickets. He gets very upset after the 3rd or 4th time he spits it out & it won't move anymore. 

He is also very fond of slugs which we try to keep him away from. Of course my boyfriend walked him when he came home late from soccer last night & wasn't paying attention to the dog. When he picked him up & threw him on the bed, the pup walked over to give me a kiss goodnight. UGH! It was soooo sticky & slimy! I was already 1/2 asleep, but I cleaned his mouth up & then had to wash my face again 

Aww, I hate bugs, but I feel like he's torturing the crickets. lol, if only those slugs were snails. You know how some asian skincare have snail slimes as an ingrdient..... altho I don't think dog drool's a good carrier for skincare. =P

That's the other thing. I hate when he eats my face! I hear dog slob is not the best for our skin, but I'm worried he's ingesting the chemicals I slather on. 

Easy, start wearing vegan/natural skincare. =P

Altho if you end up using things like coconut oil as moisturizer, keeping him away from you might be a problem. 

Oh gosh! Now if only I could find bacon moisturizer & slather my boyfriend in it. 

There is always bacon perfume. Smiley Happy

I am ok with crickets, I can grab them and you know put them outside. Same with ants or ladybugs BUT spiders and cockroaches , oh no way!!! NO thank you. I have Lysol spray all over the house, and I just shower them in it. LOL I do have bug spray too, but not as much as the Lysol, since you can clean with Lysol spray too. I use it to kill. lol I spray and scream hahahahahaha My two cats are even scared of spiders and well I can't let them eat bugs, incase they have some disease, I don't want the cats sick.

Anywho my weapon is Lysol! Smiley Tongue

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • 18987_10200805403792269_1187578988_n.jpg
  • swfupload_4467910177764402101.jpg
  • swfupload_2501210314761809242.jpg
  • swfupload_4935303558905948565.png
  • swfupload_6277923724774301174.jpg
  • swfupload_2160626425049674472.jpg
  • swfupload_1068974001214705250.jpg
  • photo (1).JPG