Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Bugs.....

Okay so I kept hearing a strange noise in my kitchen.  It sounded like some type of bug chirping.  I went in, turned on the light and saw nothing.  I turned the light back off and then heard it again a few minutes later.  This time I grabbed a fly swatter and turned the light back on. 

So what do I see....a cricket/grass hopper (not sure how you tell the difference) at least 4 inches long on the wall over my kitchen window.  Now I am freaking out.  I am not a bug girl.  I am trying to figure out how to kill it without it attacking me (yes I know that this won't really happen, but that isn't what goes through my head when I see a bug - blame all the B horror movies I watched as a kid).  So as I am arguing in my head between just going to bed, hoping that someone else kills it later or putting on my big girl panties and taking care of it.

So, what do I do, I get the vacuum, pull out the handle and suck it up.  So now the bug is alive and well in the vacuum container.  I'll just leave it in there and make someone else get rid of it in the morning.

Just wanted to share.  I can't be the only one that had been creative in getting rid of a bug.

Re: Bugs.....

Raid makes this gun called the Reach and Kill:

It has this giant 3 foot long reach so you can have a safe distance between you and the bug you're going to zap and you pull a trigger at your end which fires the bug spray can attached.

OMG - that's perfect!!  I love how this thread has been so active and on, of all places, a beauty site.  

Ever since Kssweetheart made mention of a spider scaring her, every time I see a bug since then I think of BT and the stories we share!

I think it's because most of us are not fans of the creepy crawly creatures.  I'm thinking that I need to invest in some big spray.  I did however figure out hoes the nasty creature got inside the house.  I live in an older house in OH that doesn't have central air. I looked this morning and the window in the kitchen where we just put a window ac unit is open between the 2 panes of glass So anything can crawl in.  I just tapes up the window so there is no way anything can get in now.  Yeah me.  

My cousin recently bought and older house and in one room he noticed at the outlet a bunch of cloudy, mold looking material on the ground, turns out there was some type of ants that were inside the wall and tearing at the insulation and the air coming through kicked out all they damaged. He was able to track the ants to a tree outside that corner of the house that was old and had rotting parts. Darn those ants! I freak out when it's a bunch! It's like ARGHHH! Where do you come from!?!?!??! So many!!!! And then it's like POOF! They're gone!

This would be perfect for me, but I'm not allowed to spray anything in the house... It will ruin our hardwood & it's not good for our fur babies to breath in/walk on it & then eat their paws Smiley Sad  

Highlighted

I remember you saying it's essentially vinegar and water you use to "soak/drown" a bug....maybe that vaccum gun below could work!

There's one that uses salt to kill the bugs, it's called Bug-A-Salt:

And another called The Bug Gun that sucks up the bugs:

OMG! I might go on a "natural" bug killing machine shopping spree & forget about Sephora for the next week 

Gasp! Perish the thought, dannyc!

She can wield a bug gun in one hand and a serum in the other! To good skin and no bugs!!!!!

Hahah! No points for bug gun purchases...darn!

I'm sure we could totally MacGyver a bug killing machine products and tools from Sephora.  Smiley Wink

*with products....stupid iPad 

I need it! The roaches i see are always on the Ceiling! And then they Fly! So i spray, run, close the door! And HOPE it dies!

Lol i'm hoping i stop seeing them so much though! I ordered these things from HSN that plug in the wall and send like electrical current that are supposed to make bugs not like it or something! So i just got them and plugged them into the problem areas! I hope it helps! 

When roaches fly.....NOPE! Ain't having NONE OF THAT! Hahaha!

I feel like we BT users could film one of those "When bugs attack" shows and each episode can feature a different user and the crazy bug tales their encounter! Smiley Very Happy

That would be great.  Have those recreation videos with really bad actors. Smiley Happy

OMG! We could even be filmed in shadow with our silhouettes only visible because we're so embarrassed! Hahaha! Gotta love those over actors!

With a digitized voice to protect the innocent. 

Bhahahahah!!! Those bugs can't know who we are and where we live!

You all are toooooo funny!! Smiley Very Happy

their bug families could try to plot revenge and start bugageddon.

It'd be worse than Sharknado!!! Smiley Tongue Bugageddon! That sounds like a legit, low budget sci-fi flick!

Bugageddon II, Return of the Swarm!

It would be amazing!  I'm thinking we need to contact Scify.  

Haha that would be hilarious! I have a ton of Bug horror stories that are actually hilarious! My sister laughs at me all the time cause i tell her all the embarrassing bug stories that happen when one crawls on me.

Haha but i have a funny story about a frog! I don't know why but they creep me out to the extreme. And there is always one in our backyard, so i am usually on the looking out, but i was trying to unlock our fence and my sister was with me by the way, and i saw something jump out of the corner of my eye, and land right next to me and i lost it! I knew it was a frog, and just ran screaming! Like intense screaming and jumping around! And my sister just busted out laughing! She told EVERYONE we knew. It was super embarrassing! But so Funny!

Okay as much as I hate bugs, I have an irrational fear of birds (again let's blame horror movies again).  a few weeks ago I looked out my kitchen window and saw a bird the size of a large chicken.  I called my dad over to see if he could tell what it is.  It had the coloring of a falcon but was way to big.  So I grab my cell phone and creep out the back door as close to my fence as I can to try to get a picture. It turns its head and sees me.  I take a few pics and start to back away slowly. I get about 1/2 way to the door and it takes off.  I swear the wing span was at least 4 ft.  I get back inside and see it by the tree across the street from my house.  I grab my camera so I can try to get a better picture. I get to the middle of my yard and it starts squawking. I froze because it did not sound good.  About 15 seconds later it starts flying towards my house. Of course in my mind it is coming to get me.  I ran like the wind to try to get into the house screeching all the way.  I about knocked my poor dad over trying to get inside.  I later looked online and figured out it was a golden eagle.  My mom and dad are still teasing me about it.  My mom has dementia and it cracks me up that she is picking on me about the "killer bird". 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • 18987_10200805403792269_1187578988_n.jpg
  • swfupload_4467910177764402101.jpg
  • swfupload_2501210314761809242.jpg
  • swfupload_4935303558905948565.png
  • swfupload_6277923724774301174.jpg
  • swfupload_2160626425049674472.jpg
  • swfupload_1068974001214705250.jpg
  • photo (1).JPG