Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Brainstorming for how to get the message boards more active!

I think many of us noticed the thread started by @itscarin titled Are the message boards dead? .  I'd like to have BICers brainstorm ways for us to make it more active again.  There are so many great people on here, and I think we could all use some more ways to engage with each other.  BIC is about beauty, but it's also about friendship.  Please consider this a place to post ideas about how we can inspire more conversations.

best-online-beauty-1588184589.jpg

Here are some ideas that I humbly offer to get us started:

-post on an older thread and revive it (some ones I like are  CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY )

-start a challenge (a la the 💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖 or 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge )

-start a new thread (remember the seasonal threads like  ?  Or, what about brand threads that we don't have yet?  I believe we're missing a Paula's Choice thread -- especially since it's now carried at Sephora.  Or, what about a thread devoted to all the celebrity beauty brands for us to chat on?)

-reach out to BICers that you haven't seen post in a while

-set a BIC goal for posting or reviews and see where it takes you.  (I know I'd like to post more pics of hauls, but never do.)

Re: Brainstorming for how to get the message boards more active!

@sister13 I avoid the Community tab on my app too and therefore go through the very same antics that you mentioned, lol.  I wish that the Community portion of the app didn't have so many design flaws :(.  

Aside from that, both ideas sound like good ones!

@CookieGirl1 the app is terrible, and the community tab is the worst offender.

@makeitup305 I agree.  I won't even bother with that section and just use the browser on my phone for it instead. 

I know, I kept thinking surely it would get fixed and got so fed up since I couldn’t even log in for the longest time. Also had trouble ordering, which wasn’t all bad, but I actually did hit platinum at ultra as a result! @CookieGirl1 

I love the idea of a brand challenge, @sister13. It would be a great way to see how different community members use various products. 

Yeah, I remember that being a lot of fun! I’ll try to think of some ideas to bring it back!! @quspork 

Post your favorite Christmas meme!

@CookieGirl1 Like this one too

@greeneyedgirl107 @eshoe @Loretta55 @sprocketta @CookieGirl1 

I had an idea for a thread. I know with the holidays coming up fast what about a thread about what your family Holliday traditions are. I feel like most people would be able to share or weigh in and learn different peoples traditions. 

I am probably not the best person to ask about holiday traditions @ather . I am an empty nester. My husband and I do not exchange gifts. I usually work on all major holidays but after work we do go out to a leisurely dinner at one of our favorite Portuguese restaurants. We will go out on both Christmas Day and New Years Day . 

@Loretta55 I think that’s a good tradition! I use to work all holidays before kids and my husband and I never did much. Usually went to Mexico for the holidays to get away!! I like having a special place to go eat is a great idea!! 

@ather @I remember a few years back we used to have a thread where a different holiday question was asked each day of the season which always felt fun! 

@Kim888 yep I remember this as well. I believe that @veronika23 headed this up, and it was so much fun to participate. I hope there is a chance she will bring it back this year! @ather @quspork 

Yes, I love the Holiday countdown threads, @Kim888 @ather They're so much fun getting to read others responses and share how we all celebrate. 

@Kim888  That’s cool too!! A 12 days of Christmas would be fun too. Doing different things each day and posting pictures!

I think it’s a great idea, @ather! The holidays have been so different lately for a lot of people, so the traditions we have been able to carry on seem extra-meaningful.

@eshoe  I agree. It’s nice to see what other people do as well. 

Thanks for the tag, @greeneyedgirl107 !  So many great suggestions have been made.  I don't have anything to add at this point.  If I think of something I'll let you know.

I did really enjoy the book club.  It got me to read books in different areas than I normally read.   Unfortunately, only a couple of us discussed the books.  

@Titian06 I had another idea.  I know there was talk about posting on the  thread which is a great idea.  That led me to think that maybe instead of a BIC Book Club, we could have a BIC TV/Movie Club.  Each week we could have a different TV show or documentary or movie or whatever to watch, then chat about it.  I know it's be hard to coordinate what people are interested, especially since we all have different streaming platforms.  But it's an idea.

@Titian06 Yes, I do remember you enjoyed the BIC Book Club.  Maybe we could do a thread with interesting articles posted - so short pieces that maybe more people would read and therefore chat about.  It could be about beauty or anything we're interested in.

I tried to start a thead inspired by Allure magazine items years ago called Let's talk ALLURE media! but it never took off.  Trying a different spin might be helpful.

@greeneyedgirl107 Since the holidays are starting, maybe we could try a recipe of the week? We could do it by themes for a week like Great British Bake-off? It might get lengthy but maybe?

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • best-online-beauty-1588184589.jpg
  • 53CBA873-3740-4934-BDCB-22CBB8517614.jpeg
  • BE69DBBC-56B4-43F8-BC6A-EC85A66B3ADB.jpeg
  • C2DA6E19-F8B7-45E4-AEFA-719BB1644064.jpeg
  • pomegranate-cake.jpg
testing